• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Armoured Truck Project

MasterDon

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey bro i was thinking abt this and went to bed..... n just got up from sleep

bro why dont u try to make a caravan sorta thing....u knw small bed, a fridge, tv and ect..

insted of making a cosmetic armourd car.. :jumping-smiley-013:

that way you can really use it :alc:

hey bro i was thinking abt this and went to bed..... n just got up from sleep

bro why dont u try to make a caravan sorta thing....u knw small bed, a fridge, tv and ect..

insted of making a cosmetic armourd car.. :jumping-smiley-013:

that way you can really use it :alc:

we'll see bro..we'll see :food-smiley-004:

i was going for something under 2 laks to modify using the resources i already have lying about(rusting chasis & engine,old hardned wood etc..etc),i'm afraid makin a caravan will take a lot of money and planing.but we'l see how things turnout. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Helrazor!

Just wanna add few thoughts. Guess your mission will fulfill your ultimate aspiration but I see some bad clouds behind.

Possibilities are high that your project will run into various security related concerns with state and security establishments especially the SL police who doesn’t know a shit about anything. You are living in a nation where paint ball guns claimed as high tech bio-gas weapons.

Recently I recall a private security firm ran into a serious problem with there four SIII Ladys fitted with thick gauge steel plates. Few arrests were made before they got clear themselves before courts but not before months long legal battles. Insane!

Food for thought mate!

MINIACE

Yo HelRazor, why don't you try to build a replica of a LR Forward Control? My guess is if you paint it in a concervative colour it just might be street legal

FC101.jpg

101med.jpg

guys i'm still in the concept process,so keep the ideas comin'...i'm thinking of building it on the middle of april(after new year) when i'm on holiday..

and i'm happy to say that i' have puchased that isuzu cabin i've told you about...will post pics soon

and the best thing about building one of these is you dont need a creativity with steel and wood cos almost all the panels will be flat(non-curvy)

guys i'm still in the concept process,so keep the ideas comin'...i'm thinking of building it on the middle of april(after new year) when i'm on holiday..

and i'm happy to say that i' have puchased that isuzu cabin i've told you about...will post pics soon

and the best thing about building one of these is you dont need a creativity with steel and wood cos almost all the panels will be flat(non-curvy)

i hope you give some priority to driving dynamics as well (and lots of big fog lamps) so it can pull of the old trick the defender does, the a to b across colombo in 15 mins :lol:

i hope you give some priority to driving dynamics as well (and lots of big fog lamps) so it can pull of the old trick the defender does, the a to b across colombo in 15 mins :lol:

i doubt it'she'll be able cross colombo at all, given the weight of the wood and metal i'm planing to use :lol: it's gonna be all show, no go :D

• 1 month later...

okay dudes...i gave this a go for about a week till the 13th...the first two days the progress was really slow as none of us had clear cut plan for it...but after that as the way became clear things started flowing smoothly...but anyways it'll be many more weekends of work before she will be complete...anyways thanks for all your input and advice...they really helped :)

i took some pics...i'll upload them as soon as i get home as i forgot to bring the usb cable for my cam...