• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Classic Restorations

CHAP

Nice work dude. I too had a SUD but never got to the restoration part and that was THE END. I still have a few stuff available. Let me know if you would like to have them. At no cost of course.

Ade so nice to know a Sud owner!!! :alc: what was your model mate? when was the last time u put it on the road?

got Pic? :jumping-smiley-013: and if u don't mind what parts are with u ?

Edited by CHAP

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ade so nice to know a Sud owner!!! :alc: what was your model mate? when was the last time u put it on the road?

got Pic? :jumping-smiley-013: and if u don't mind what parts are with u ?

Never got to putting it on the road. It was sold for scrap as I was not in the coutry for a while. I have the following parts at home.

Rear Windscreen

Meter Board

Rear Lights

LH Front headlight (the square light model)

Front Shell

Never got to putting it on the road. It was sold for scrap as I was not in the coutry for a while. I have the following parts at home.

Rear Windscreen

Meter Board

Rear Lights

LH Front headlight (the square light model)

Front Shell

Good..! I'm in need of a Meter Board.. :)

What was the year on your car Mate? and how can i get in touch with u ?

• 4 weeks later...
Guys...! the car was out of the Tinker Last week... :jumping-smiley-013:

04042009107.jpg

04042009103.jpg

04042009106z.jpg

On the Rosso Trans Trailer I see!!! :D

needed to get hold of him to move my car this week, but truck's in N'eliya sadly....

Car's looking good machan, what's the next step? mechanicals? if so, where?

On the Rosso Trans Trailer I see!!! :D

needed to get hold of him to move my car this week, but truck's in N'eliya sadly....

Car's looking good machan, what's the next step? mechanicals? if so, where?

What's the Truck doing there till now?

Car went to the paint Shop machan, I'v instructed them to start with the Engine compartment to see the possibility of painting the engine room only and to stars on the mechanics, but i also argue my self some times to complete "body Preparation" and stars on Mechanics??? :unsure:

Well u know where, same guy who does GTam's, whom u met at the lake machan... :)

Car went to the paint Shop machan, I'v instructed them to start with the Engine compartment to see the possibility of painting the engine room only and to stars on the mechanics, but i also argue my self some times to complete "body Preparation" and stars on Mechanics??? :unsure:

Well u know where, same guy who does GTam's, whom u met at the lake machan... :)

I think its supporting for radella and prolly also going to diyatalawa for Foxhill

Personally machan, Ive always preferred to do the mechanicals before paintwork, since a nice new painjob could easily be damaged when mechanical work is being done... :)

Ahh ok, thats what i thought, tried to call him yesterday about my car, but he wasnt answering, any idea whether he's back in town?

bungi bale! :) hope u folks had as pleasant a rum down the hills as we did!

I think its supporting for radella and prolly also going to diyatalawa for Foxhill

Personally machan, Ive always preferred to do the mechanicals before paintwork, since a nice new painjob could easily be damaged when mechanical work is being done... :)

Ahh ok, thats what i thought, tried to call him yesterday about my car, but he wasnt answering, any idea whether he's back in town?

Machan his phone does not work most often than not :lol: keep trying... i might meet him by evening on my way, I could call u from there if u need to talk to him...

Yes mate, but had to come very slow as we took off right after lunch from N Eliya, felt a bit stuffy :P

shame really! :P twas such a lovey drive ,well certainly the twisty bits ! :D

So whats the final colour scheme is going to be like??

MINIACE

...i keep asking this, and you keep forgetting to answer - so whats the final verdict - Blakc , Red or ... ?? :huh:

Yo Chappo,

Do mechanicals first, run the car a bit, fine tune, and only then prep for painting and paint.

All rubbers, suspension bushings, brakes, ligts and wiring etc need to be done before painting. (These can be removed if needed prior to paint and refitted) as this will avoid any "try and see" jugglery after the nice new paint coats are in.

It is scary to see a freshly painted / restored car againjacked up and mechanics in greasy overalls getting their mitts all over it.

Car looks super duper btw, and whats the colour gonna be ? (Should we all paint our cars in the same red as GTAms Alfa ?) Lol? Maybe get a discount on da paint he he

shame really! :P twas such a lovey drive ,well certainly the twisty bits ! :D

...i keep asking this, and you keep forgetting to answer - so whats the final verdict - Blakc , Red or ... ?? :huh:

Machan What do u think? Black looks nice on the Pic but will it be the same in realityl on a small car?

blackaq5.jpg

OR :blink:

a19834kk9.jpg

Yo Chappo,

Do mechanicals first, run the car a bit, fine tune, and only then prep for painting and paint.

All rubbers, suspension bushings, brakes, ligts and wiring etc need to be done before painting. (These can be removed if needed prior to paint and refitted) as this will avoid any "try and see" jugglery after the nice new paint coats are in.

It is scary to see a freshly painted / restored car againjacked up and mechanics in greasy overalls getting their mitts all over it.

Car looks super duper btw, and whats the colour gonna be ? (Should we all paint our cars in the same red as GTAms Alfa ?) Lol? Maybe get a discount on da paint he he

yeah Pradi U r right, and a moving car will briing me pleasure than having it only painted right :jumping-smiley-013:

But funds are gona be a deciding factor mate! any one wana donate to a good cause Ha Ha Ha :ninja:

yes...black tends to make a car look smaller,but then again on some cars it is not a bad thing...anyways you've got one tough decesion mate,them both are great colours...

btw have you considered white with white alloys...should look great on a sud imho

Edited by HelRazor

yes...black tends to make a car look smaller,but then again on some cars it is not a bad thing...anyways you've got one tough decesion mate,them both are great colours...

btw have you considered white with white alloys...should look great on a sud imho

White would mean I will have to Paint the Bumpers the body colour and may be alloys like u say, which might make it really hot but I do want to keep the car to it's Original spec with Black Bumpers and a set of Original wheels :)

but the Alfasud TIX, the model which was marketed for UK had full white body with a little different bumper styling and a white grill too

a14bci.jpg

But funds are gona be a deciding factor mate! any one wana donate to a good cause Ha Ha Ha :ninja:

lets try and get some sponsors.....we can drive the cars with their names on. lol

I'm in the same boat too btw.... <_<

lets try and get some sponsors.....we can drive the cars with their names on. lol

I'm in the same boat too btw.... <_<

Hey I Guess we could get GTam to sponsor us as he has got us in to this and all... where is he? are u there GTam :violent-smiley-099: