• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Carlton Supercross 2009

KLM

Any Pictures?

Well, I couldn't make it out there :P

Anyhoo, Channel Eye was carrying it live in the morning. And then the TV messed up, so can't follow anymore. Anyhoo, Gayan Sandaruwan got into quite an interesting tussle with some American dude. Good to see some competition finally. But that guy is just in a league of his own.

Apparently, British. Gayan Sandaruwan's instructor, ironically :D The pupil outran the master in this one :D

SL GT race 1 Pasindu, Mahinda Premaratne and DD

SL GT race 2 Aravinda, DD and Pasindu.

They need to figure out something on that track for turns 1 and 2. Cant see a bloody thing coz of the dust getting kicked up. Specially for SL-GT. Most of the rest of the track was fairly ok.

Apparently, British. Gayan Sandaruwan's instructor, ironically :D The pupil outran the master in this one :D

SL GT race 1 Pasindu, Mahinda Premaratne and DD

SL GT race 2 Aravinda, DD and Pasindu.

They need to figure out something on that track for turns 1 and 2. Cant see a bloody thing coz of the dust getting kicked up. Specially for SL-GT. Most of the rest of the track was fairly ok.

the dust looked terrible! :(

& that was with a lot of watering so it seemed

props to Channel Eye - decent coverage for blokes who's primary role isn't high speed camera work i guess

The only complain i had about the coverage was the fact that they spent possibly a little too much time showing the race leaders running all alone ignoring all the actual tussles for the other spots down the grid...

the first coupla laps with Aravinda Permada & Pasindu Peries holding him off and outbreaking him on the straight into the corner was some ballsy driving!

was there a reason AP's evo seemed to slow down after about the 5th lap? :huh:

anything interesting or worthy of mention happen in the 2nd race??

missed that for the 7's@CR :mellow:

The white boy was apparently James 'Robo' Robinson, a factory KTM 450 rider who the Federation got down to train the local MX guys. I don't know if he ran his works bike or if it was a Jap bike loaned to him for the weekend.

I also heard that Mahinda Premaratne's car was excluded from the results of Race 1 due to some infraction, promoting Aravinda to 3rd.

Edited by KLM

The white boy was apparently James 'Robo' Robinson, a factory KTM 450 rider who the Federation got down to train the local MX guys. I don't know if he ran his works bike or if it was a Jap bike loaned to him for the weekend.

Nah man, this guy was called Russel Jarmain or summin like that. They even interviewed him on Eye, and kept calling him Russel. And he was def on a Jap bike, not a KTM. Yamaha or summin.

Damn there are loads of pics on FB of the action. GTiR Not sure, saw him make at least two starts, and one retirement. I really expected better of it. Mind you, it looks like its being held together by pieces of wire and bits of chewing gum, so it probably cant take the pounding. Bugger should at least get it fixed so it can finish.

Damn there are loads of pics on FB of the action. GTiR Not sure, saw him make at least two starts, and one retirement. I really expected better of it. Mind you, it looks like its being held together by pieces of wire and bits of chewing gum, so it probably cant take the pounding. Bugger should at least get it fixed so it can finish.

Common machang its an old car., competitive with Evo 3 or so. Atleast the fellow runs. Come to think of it didnt he have two of them running last year?

Common machang its an old car., competitive with Evo 3 or so. Atleast the fellow runs. Come to think of it didnt he have two of them running last year?

I didn't say run and be competitive, I said run and finish! Maybe last, but at least finish. Specially a high attrition track like Tissa, you have a good chance of ending up on the podium if you just finish.

whats the WWF action ? any update on this ?

was it P vs P (Pa**nd* and Pr***da**) ?

well it certainly was that on the gravel....

i'm also rather inquisitive now!

was the 2nd race also like the first with the near contact (or was there?? :huh:) balls to the wall driving?! :unsure: