• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

12v Tire Inflator Pump And Sealant

Jayathu

Question

I've been wondering to buy a portable 12V tire inflator pump and tire sealant to fix punctures on the go.. Found some on the internet such as these..

41stt4lplolss400.jpg

41yzevsqvolss400.jpg

They are available for around $25 but need to add shipping and also don't know what our custom people will think about it. Are similar products available in SL and if someone has used them how effective are they.. Heard that some sealant cans can be found in "some" super markets here in SL.. Never seen anywhere though.. :unsure:

shanX

View Member Profile Yesterday, 10:12 PM Post #24

Group: Members

Member No.: 582

But there is some sort of a can that inflates tires too, I heard from a friend.....

oh yeh those stuff are available i seen them on few off roading programs...they jus spray around the rim n light it..think the gas ignites which causes the tire to inflate...

oh yeh those stuff are available i seen them on few off roading programs...they jus spray around the rim n light it..think the gas ignites which causes the tire to inflate...

This sounds scary to be done on a car... :o

Anyway time to hunt around the super markets it seems.. Will keep you posted. Still feel like getting the pump as well since it does not cost all that much. For 1000 bucks it's a great deal B) Coupled with the sealant this would be enough to get through most of the tire puncture trouble, me thinks.. ;)

That`s merely pressurized butane fuel (lighter fuel) being sprayed on the inside of the tye and set alight. The resulting rapid ignition (explosion) of the air inside the tire causes it to inflate. See here.

The little 12V mini air compressors that run off your lighter socket are great for getting air pressure backup when you have a slow puncture. It usually takes a good 10 mins for the air pressure to get high enough to drive on, but for slow punctures I`d rather do that, than mess about with the spare. I`ve always left the re-sealent stuff alone, as for me, it offers no advantage. Once the air pressure is back, as long as the wheels are rolling the air stays in so I usually over fill the flat tire abit with the mini-compressor and then drive to the closest tire center.

Oh, and it seems the price of a 12v mini-compressor is lower in Sri Lanka than it would be abroad, so I`d buy from a local retailer instead of going through the hassle of importing one or getting one off ebay.

Edited by Kavvz