• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

So I Made Some Time And Pulled My Trans Out Today...

WTF, there's nothing wrong!

20776239936.jpg

OH riiight... lol

20776239937.jpg

Flywheel/pressure plate surfaces are still pretty good with no real high heat spots so I'm gonna throw it together after I touch them up with a surface prep wheel. I need to get thing on the road :bang:

here you can see all the friction material on the ground .. looks like a rat made a nest in there .. lol

20776239931.jpg

This is the way she's been sitting for the last 4-5 moonths... *sigh

20776239927.jpg

Also changed the Cam while I was putting new head gaskets in ... replaced my timing chain cover with a 2 piece unit when I put the engine together and that saved the day when I had to pull the cam 'cos I didn't have to take the front pulley/balancer out ... phew!

20776239966.jpg

20776239965.jpg

mighty impressive that you work on your cars yourself MeanGreen!

:grinning-smiley-043:

ditto that!...i have respect for people who fix their own cars,specially the new one's with complicated engines and electronics... :) ...

i'm hopeless on fixing things i'm afraid,but i'm good at taking things apart though :D...it's something that runs in the family :lol:

thanks guys. I would never be able to afford this hobby if I don't work on it myself 'cos labor here is expensive!!! lol ... funny thing is, most of the time, I'm the one charging it ... ha ha ... I need to get mine fixed and out of the garage so I can start working on customer cars/projects that I've promised. purchased a welder last month from a buddy and now I'm ready to do some crazy builds right at home :ninja: (look through my custom installs link in my sig for some stuff I've fooled around with in the past).

Edited by Mean Green z28

ditto that!...i have respect for people who fix their own cars,specially the new one's with complicated engines and electronics... :) ...

i'm hopeless on fixing things i'm afraid,but i'm good at taking things apart though :D...it's something that runs in the family :lol:

That's cos here in the US labor costs more than parts! You could pay $400 for a clutch and you'll be lucky if the labor isn't less than $600.

I'm lucky I got the factory manual for my car. If you're half decent with LEGO then you'll be fine as long as you follow the directions properly.

Edited by Charith

thanks guys. I would never be able to afford this hobby if I don't work on it myself 'cos labor here is expensive!!! lol ... funny thing is, most of the time, I'm the one charging it ... ha ha ... I need to get mine fixed and out of the garage so I can start working on customer cars/projects that I've promised. purchased a welder last month from a buddy and now I'm ready to do some crazy builds right at home :ninja: (look through my custom installs link in my sig for some stuff I've fooled around with in the past).

man i envy your mechanical skills :P

man i envy your mechanical skills :P

Thanks dude, wish I had some photography skills like you though :blink:

I could say the same as Ripper – Great work Green had a look at your site – neat stuff

Unfortunately Ur in USA – cause if u were in SL – I would be at your door step rihgt now to get a set of the gauges u’ve done :D

lol, thanks. Come over? ha ha

• 2 weeks later...

I know this isn't related to a trans but it's part of the build ... painted my intake manifold!!!

So I wanted to do something different (well, maybe I don't go out enough, so different to me ... lol) so I decided to paint the intake white to match the car. Then I took out the tiny little paint brush and model paint kit I had left over, from a small project that I didn't complete in the past, and got to work ... I'm still trying to touch up the runs/etc. so I wouldn't say it's complete ... what ya'll think?

Starting off...

20776243343.jpg

Laying the Silver down first...

20776243344.jpg

Then getting pissed off 'cos my shaky hands messed up and got red all over...

20776243339.jpg

All Cleaned up and ready to go...

20776243340.jpg

20776243341.jpg

20776243342.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well I started her up and drove out of the garage yesterday and it was so nice hearing it after 5 months of just sitting there.

However, the intake (pics above) that was painted didn't hold the paint well so I stripped all the paint off and now its plain gray. Does the job but doesn't look that pretty.

Will be getting her tuned sometime soon so I can be ready for a cruise to Pennsylvania next weekend ... :jumping-smiley-013: