• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Alfa Romeo Mito Gta

ferrarif50

hmmm i prefer the one you already own! (between the two of course)

if i were you i'd proud n smug all at the same time just seeing someting one owns in the advert for the new car! :)

Oh of course I am proud of owning the Giulia even if its not a GTA. It's my favourite car from everything I've ever owned.

I was thinking that the Mito GTA would be a dream replacement for my 156.....someday.... in a non-Mahinda Chinthanaya world of course ;) A dream....!!

hmmm i prefer the one you already own! (between the two of course)

if i were you i'd proud n smug all at the same time just seeing someting one owns in the advert for the new car! :)

Me too. Its beautiful. Not a huge fan of the new Mito but the GTA is absolutely breath taking. If only I had the time and the money.... :prototyp:

Me too. Its beautiful. Not a huge fan of the new Mito but the GTA is absolutely breath taking. If only I had the time and the money.... :prototyp:

A whole generation or two of us hard working Sri Lankans will never experience the joy of ordering and speccing a brand new car of our dreams. What a crime!!!! :o

I kind of like the Mito now. It's grown on me. Have yet to see it in the metal. Hopefully I'll get an opp in early April :rolleyes:

The only thing I'm slightly worried about the Mito in any form is the rear torsion bar sus. After being pampered with multi-link for years.........

But then again the Giulia has a a crud-ish rear end but it is so good in the handling department!

too girly .................... still prefer the old 147 GTA

Alfa_Romeo_147_GTA.jpg

As attractive as it is. The 147 GTA was a flawed car. Loads of torque steer, and that V6 is not light up front there. The Mito is the lightest car in the class and the new 1750 engine is class leading. This is going to be a cracker, faster than the 147 GTA around any track.

The only fly in the oinment is the cheap rear sus. But then if the Civic Type R can get away with it, I'm sure this will do too.

As attractive as it is. The 147 GTA was a flawed car. Loads of torque steer, and that V6 is not light up front there. The Mito is the lightest car in the class and the new 1750 engine is class leading. This is going to be a cracker, faster than the 147 GTA around any track.

The only fly in the oinment is the cheap rear sus. But then if the Civic Type R can get away with it, I'm sure this will do too.

thats why i love the 147GTA! it looks says it all ...............................................but 4 the MiTo , there is nothing much to say. ( its the better car but i am only talking about the way it looks )

An entertaining read..

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/driving/j...icle5944203.ece

I particularly like the watch-->car analogy. For the record, I don't own a Rolex but if I did, I'd wear it on my left ;)

Well F me, but is this article supposed to me in FAVOUR of buying the Mito? After going on for a full page about how he fulfilled a life long wet dream by buying himself an overpriced watch; JC concludes by saying that the Mini is better looking, more fun to drive, and is built better...so the what's his point about buying the Mito again? Oh wait, thats right, sandwitched in-between his page long rant about buying a watch and waking up 20 years later as an ugly balding man; he happens to mention amongst other things that its 'cos you get to

A: Brag about driving an Alfa at parties

B: So you can enjoy quality time at your local garage with your best mate: The mechanic.

C: Enjoy all the weird quirky little things the design team stuck in it

D: Because the steering input is similar to fondling a pair of silicone breast implants

Right. Now those are really, really, strong reasons to rush down to to my local dealership and fork over a deposit. I'm going to get right on that.... <_<

Edited by Kavvz

Well F me, but is this article supposed to me in FAVOUR of buying the Mito? After going on for a full page about how he fulfilled a life long wet dream by buying himself an overpriced watch; JC concludes by saying that the Mini is better looking, more fun to drive, and is built better...so the what's his point about buying the Mito again? Oh wait, thats right, sandwitched in-between his page long rant about buying a watch and waking up 20 years later as an ugly balding man; he happens to mention amongst other things that its 'cos you get to

B: So you can enjoy quality time at your local garage with your best mate: The mechanic.

D: Because the steering input is similar to fondling a pair of silicone breast implants

Right. Now those are really, really, strong reasons to rush down to to my local dealership and fork over a deposit. I'm going to get right on that.... <_<

It's not easy for someone who hasn't driven or better still owned one to appreciate them. So bragging at parties will get him no where. :D

And new Alfas are more reliable than you think.

JC seems to have forgotten the huge price difference between the Mini and Mito. Btw steering set up is being changed by the dealers very soon.

So it will be back to feeling like fondling proper boobs again (as usual) :lol: !!!

Touche! :D

That's about as close to a positive review as you're likely to get from Clarkson, unless it's British <_<

When considering anything he says about a car(or watch for that matter), it's important to remember that he's an entertainer first and foremost, who gets paid a lot of money to be pompous, self indulgent and often ridiculous and let's face it, no one does it better. :rolleyes:

JC's opinions are always a good laugh but I would never consider them a definitive guide for any buying-decision. There are plenty of other more credible and informative sources to go by, for that. Still I do agree with some of his generalizations, crude as they are, especially with regards to watches. Time to start shopping for an Audi B)

.........Btw steering set up is being changed by the dealers very soon. So it will be back to feeling like fondling proper boobs again (as usual) :lol: !!!

lol !!! I guess its a no brainer why you like your Alfa so much.... :D

Edited by Kavvz

• 2 months later...

Well the Mito is definitely not the best looking Alfa. However in the metal it looks a lot better. Many Alfas and other Italian cars don't look great in pics but they look great in the metal. I'm sure Zonda can comment on this better. A good example is the Lancia Delta. I thought it looked like an MPV in pics. But when I saw it in the metal it looked stunning!!!!