• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Need Help Choosing A Color...

Sparky

Its not practical in SL, I know, but a little lowered ride with this colour would be awesome.

LOL...i gotta confess,i was a lil bit selfish when i suggested that colour...as i was seriously thinking about painting one of mine metalic orange,and i wanted to see what it looked like if done....

yup pretty decent colour me thinks,shows off a cars curves very nicely,and not too ginger beer as well ...

The paint started peeling and bubbling as soon as I got it home. I take a new color, basecoat (the painter didn't bother with one) and a new painter would fix things.

yep...it seems like the your painter is the problem...as an amateur painter myself machan i gotta say it's not an easy job painting a car right.....i've been doin it for awhile now and i'm still rubbish... :lol:

find a decent painter who understands colour combo's and stuff,and has a decent paintgun and a compressor(yes they do matter)...a paint booth is not enirely neccessary imo,but do not spray if raining or if rain is expected later.....good luck!

Edited by HelRazor

LOL...i gotta confess,i was a lil bit selfish when i suggested that colour...as i was seriously thinking about painting one of mine metalic orange,and i wanted to see what it looked like if done....

yup pretty decent colour me thinks,shows off a cars curves very nicely,and not too ginger beer as well ...

Ya wanna see what it looks like?

aslvsindiamatch30001.th.jpg

Apologies on the poor quality. Moving car, thru the glass, etc, etc.

Ya wanna see what it looks like?

aslvsindiamatch30001.th.jpg

Apologies on the poor quality. Moving car, thru the glass, etc, etc.

yep it was indeed the orange 350z(nihal hoole's 7777 procharger) that made me fall in love with this particular colour...

adey i didnt know there was a orange convertible Z here...who's is it?

If you're thinking of resale, would it not be best to go back to the original colour(i.e. as shown in the reg book)?

IMO i don’t think it’s necessary to go for the original colour as the car is quite old. don’t go for anything too loud either they only work for exotics. you should get hold of a new painter as suggested though

On topic: be different is my advice forget the resale :angry2: and do what you want. Its your money and your car after all , why not go for that pearlescent effect ?

if you want to recover your initial investment i’ll start thinking otherwise. but then again unless you do something really crazy with the paintjob i doubt the value will depreciate.

• 1 month later...