• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

April!

KLM

i can't help but realize how consistant Fuzzo has been - he's quite litterally made 3rd place his very own! :)

lol.. i was telling someone else this same thing...

but like prev said, my car had a small run in with the tires at pine tree corner and thanks to manish, anas and shalain (they drove up from colombo with the parts)

we changed the entire rear suspension through the night and ran the race with almost no brakes (don't ask)

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol.. i was telling someone else this same thing...

but like prev said, my car had a small run in with the tires at pine tree corner and thanks to manish, anas and shalain (they drove up from colombo with the parts)

we changed the entire rear suspension through the night and ran the race with almost no brakes (don't ask)

than God for good friends & crew :)

& well props to you for running brakeless and finshing :D

another worthy mention i thought was dinesh Senanayake in his axela, swift sport and the rav4.

was wondering who ran that Axela!

Breif recap on Sunday Times :

http://www.sundaytimes.lk/090419/Sports/sp202.html

Aravinda, Gayan reign supreme

By M. Shamil Amit reporting from Diyathalawa, Pic by : Sanka Vidanagama

One of Sri Lanka's leading racing drivers Aravinda Premadasa and rider Gayan Sandaruwan stamped their class once again at the 17th Foxhill Supercross conducted at the Sri Lanka Military Academy (SLMA) racing track in Diyathalawa yesterday.

Aravinda Premadasa ,winner of the SL-GT cars up to 3500 cc leads the Fox Hill Super Cross at Fox Hill track in Diyatalawa yesterday.

Gayan Sandaruwan, winner of the MX Racing Motorcycles - up to 250 cc goes over a jump during the Fox Hill Super Cross at Fox Hill track in Diyatalawa yesterday.

Aravinda with his two wins from two outings in the gruelling Group SL-GT Cars up to 3500cc went on to take the coveted Foxhill Supercross champion title while Gayan who was the toast of the massive crowd also ended up by winning his two events which was the Group MX 125cc to 250cc events taking the Foxhill Supercross champion title.

Aravinda's award winning performance saw him clinching the championship title for the ninth time and the sixth in the row from the 13 Foxhill events he has participated in. He first won the title in 1997 and again in 1999 and 2001 before taking the title for five consecutive years from 2004 to 2008.

In contrast it was Gayan's fifth championship title having first won in the year 2004 and followed it up taking it for three more years in 2006, 2007 and 2008 and yesterday’s title was his fourth successive win.

Aravinda and Gayan who are both experienced customers in their respective categories showed their prowess at driving and riding. Aravinda having the advantage of pole position kept up to his expectations as he whizzed off to take the lead in both his events and kept up the momentum not giving his rivals Dinesh Deheragoda and the others any chance.

Gayan on the other hand though having a poor start in his event came into contention at the end of the third lap as he usually does when he overtook arch rival Pasindu Peiris and kept on increasing the lead to bag the race. But his second event was a one horse race as he surprised the crowd by taking an early lead in the end winning the race with ease.

There was an unfortunate incident when a car driven by Lt Col. Dumi##a Jayasinghe in the SL-N-Ford Laser/Mazda 1500cc event toppled into a pool of muddy water and almost sank but the brave soldiers on duty managed to save their compatriot avoiding a big disaster.

Nevertheless the much looked forward Foxhill Supercross was well organized by the SLMA officials and came in for high praise from the massive crowd that thronged the racing track. The events in association with SLARDAR was sponsored by Hutch Telecom with Bank of Ceylon, Exide and Kinetic coming in co-sponors.

Interestingly, I found this Sanka dudes pics on FB too.

Breif recap on Sunday Times :

Interestingly, I found this Sanka dudes pics on FB too.

Yeah, came across them myself. His watermark is a bit too strong, but totally understandable, considering the IP ignorant journalists we have. He seems to have been roaming around the track a lot throughout the races. And very original too. Some oft he best Sri Lankan motoring pictures i've seen.

And nice work peri. I particularly liked

http://newimages.fotopic.net/?iid=y0b0xp&a...1&nostamp=1

http://newimages.fotopic.net/?iid=y0b0mp&a...1&nostamp=1

You like the ones that are obscured by dust? :blink: Well, it was kinda difficult to get them. The dust screen plays the merry devil with the AF :) The PP removed some of the dust effect.

And thanks :)

Any idea how giant Sheran got inside? :lol:

MINIACE

i'm not brave enough to ask - maybe Gummy might know :D

but on a more serious note one begins to wonder how much faster some of our drivers might be if they were a little lighter - skilled no doubt , but every little bit of weight saving helps right? :huh:

i'm not brave enough to ask - maybe Gummy might know :D

but on a more serious note one begins to wonder how much faster some of our drivers might be if they were a little lighter - skilled no doubt , but every little bit of weight saving helps right? :huh:

No idea on how he got in with the full racing attire, of course he came to office in it but couldnt see how he got off. Its got quite a small door.

You like the ones that are obscured by dust? :blink: Well, it was kinda difficult to get them. The dust screen plays the merry devil with the AF :) The PP removed some of the dust effect.

And thanks :)

well, i like some signs of movement (besides the vehicles) which make the picture less static. :)

No idea on how he got in with the full racing attire, of course he came to office in it but couldnt see how he got off. Its got quite a small door.

He he its interesting to find out how. :D Dont mind seeing a picture :lol:

MINIACE

Guess after race II

MINIACE

Nah. I woulda seen it if it was after race two. I was there until the X cam into the weighing shed. They all came back in as a queue after race two, except AP who picked up someone and went for a victory lap.

• 1 month later...

So about two months after the race I finally got off my butt and edited the two videos I managed to capture. The camera bugged out on us on raceday so we didn't get anything.

Car wasn't healthy at all on low rpm, anti-lag wasn't doing it's job either. You can see how much lag there is coming off the hairpins.

If you think the camera exaggerates how bumpy the course is well then you're wrong :P

My first run. Yep, I overshot the 2nd hairpin on this run. There was no way I was gonna even put a scratch on his car. Wouldn't hear the end of that! Then I stalled :mellow: Damn race clutches!

Nishan's 1st run

Edited by Charith