• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Cayenne S Transsyberia Colombo

dihan

Apparently its owned by the Arthur Sennanayake =)

Devinda u shud visit here bro http://www.porsche.com/microsite/transsybe...ernational.aspx

Engine Cylinders 8

Engine Layout Front

Displacement 4.8 liters

Horsepower 385 hp

@ rpm 6200 rpm

Torque 369 lb.-ft.

@ rpm 3500 rpm

Compression Ratio 12.5 : 1

Tiptronic S

Performance Top Track Speed 155 mph

0-60 mph (0-96 km/h) 6.4 sec

MSRP $ 60,000.00

Just taken off that site, This for the Type S

but whatever said and done that Vehicle Looked hot from the front =)

Edited by dihan

Thanks for the link machan

i'm not all that high about the orange,but thats an interesting piece of kit!

any idea if this is the real deal?? :huh:

..the tail pipes look a smidge different to the one in the site ne da? :unsure:

http://www.porsche.com/microsite/transsybe...;specialguest=0

The Rally Transsyberia 2008 is on its way. More than 7000 demanding kilometres from Moscow to Ulaanbaatar in Mongolia. The international Porsche Teams start with the ideal equipment for this adventure: The Cayenne S Transsyberia.

doesnt look like the real thing, a lot of descrepancies.

1.ride hight is low

2. The body doesnt have any chrome work

3. exhaust

but then again it's not like arthur senanayake to by a wanna be! so who knows!

Edited by Overdrive

nice! prob not the real one but a road going version of it to commemorate the real one. Only a Porsche can get away with such a color scheme though... lol

Ugh! You got that right. Reminds me of the lime green and black 911 2.7 RS that were all the range in the 70's. Its almost as if the Porsche design team do it on purpose once they realize they've developed the best possible skunk works version of a particular model line; just to weed out the enthusiasts from the posers. All things considered its probably not a bad thing, for if Mercedes-Benz and McLaren had done something similiar we possibly wouldn't have this going on

Edited by Kavvz

...the chap who just took over the reins at Sampath Bank? Hmmm....k I guess I'm making a withdrawal then <_<

He owns IWS holdings (local agents for Porsche and Jag) and the local TV station ARTV among other things...

He owns IWS holdings (local agents for Porsche and Jag) and the local TV station ARTV among other things...

No kidding? Wow, a very successful man then huh? Dead cool.

However what with the collapse of Golden Key Credit Card Limited I've become skepticial of large Sri Lankan coporations, and the people that run them. I unfortunately was one of the masses who was duped into thinking that c******o Consolidated was a responsibly governed coporation with a strong commitment to its share holders and society at large. I along with the rest of Sri Lanka at that time celebrated Deshamanya Lalith Kotelawala's philanthropy and coporate vision. Now though, as the lawsuit against c******o Consolidated progresses I'm appalled by the multiple examples of unethical governance and pilfering of coporate assets that are coming to light. Despite being amused to some degree at my own naivety; I am certainly disapointed to say the least, at the lack of regulatory processes and audit controls. I can't help but be skeptical of all the stock that's being traded on the CSE now. Its not like rumblings of fraud, price fixing and insider trading didn't exist before; but Golden Key Credit Card Limited going belly-up just brings all these things to a head.

Edited by Kavvz

Kavvz, Golden Key Credit Cards was a legitimate business. But they were never a registered financial company. People knowingly deposited money with them due to the high interest rates they gave and were able to do so as the company was not governed by any financial act.

They took a "deposit" from the customer to issue a credit card, but the credit card was just a cover up, the money was actually for under hand fixed deposit at a very high interest rate just like Sakvithi did!

Kavvz, Golden Key Credit Cards was a legitimate business. But they were never a registered financial company. People knowingly deposited money with them due to the high interest rates they gave and were able to do so as the company was not governed by any financial act.

They took a "deposit" from the customer to issue a credit card, but the credit card was just a cover up, the money was actually for under hand fixed deposit at a very high interest rate just like Sakvithi did!

If things happen this manner, it raises a question whether Sri Lanka need a Central Bank? :angry-smiley-024: Why pay millions to a bunch of so called financial experts if they do nothing?

You're absolutely right, and as a privately held company Golden Key Credit Card Limited was except from some of the regulations and scrutiny that publicly held companies are subject to. Not the best environment to park your money but still it doesn't mean Golden Key Credit Card Limited could misrepresent themselves when canvassing for deposits or knowingly manupilate financial loop holes when conducting business.

In addition to Golden Key Credit Card Limited going under, the trial is bring out a lot of abnormalities that occured at Laith Kotelagama's publicly traded companies as well. For example, the main holding company c******o Consolidated is a publicly traded company. The board is answerable to us the common shareholder and their role is to ensure the CEO and upper management is running the company in our best interests. Its assets cannot be treated as the extended property of its CEO and the board of directors should not be manipulated or intimidated by the CEO to do his bidding. Unfortunately though it looks like that's precisely what happened. The CEO and upper management at CC allegedly transfered funds into private accounts, investments abroad and gave themselves huge unauthorized pay offs. Its not been proven conclusively, but so far all fingers point at Laith Kotelawala. Like I said, the trial is airing out a lot of dirty laundry...

Edited by Kavvz

Ist it the car that crashed in to Shafi, the guy from wild fire.....

Any idea if that car is on the roads again or totally condemed ?

Yes it was. It was fixed and sold on. Still running around. Apparently spotted around Colombo from time to time.

However what with the collapse of Golden Key Credit Card Limited I've become skepticial of large Sri Lankan coporations, and the people that run them. I unfortunately was one of the masses who was duped into thinking that c******o Consolidated was a responsibly governed coporation with a strong commitment to its share holders and society at large. I along with the rest of Sri Lanka at that time celebrated Deshamanya Lalith Kotelawala's philanthropy and coporate vision. Now though, as the lawsuit against c******o Consolidated progresses I'm appalled by the multiple examples of unethical governance and pilfering of coporate assets that are coming to light.

hmm... interesting topic

C*****o always had liquidity issues. they tried to diversify too much and got the formula all wrong. for example take Harry, man only got half a dozen companies under his belt and therefore it has enabled him to have a tight grip on them. i`m sure lalith kothalawala don`t even know the names of all his companies doubt he even know the number of companies under C*****o Consolidate. there were rumours of them going bust back in early 90s and everyone expected the empire to fall flat once ‘our beloved chairman’ expires. not the best reputation to have when your trump card is providing financial services.

Despite being amused to some degree at my own naivety; I am certainly disapointed to say the least, at the lack of regulatory processes and audit controls. I can't help but be skeptical of all the stock that's being traded on the CSE now. Its not like rumblings of fraud, price fixing and insider trading didn't exist before; but Golden Key Credit Card Limited going belly-up just brings all these things to a head.

Now you know the secret on how certain well known individuals made their insane fortunes through the CSE

and who's fault is that? the whole it's not a registered financial company excuse is so yesterday. I just wonder weather CB would have done something even if they were registered, remember what happened to Pramuka bank???? CB should have done more to close these loop holes. its not as if these companies kept a low profile. They were advertising in mass media and keeping close links with the countries no.1 citizen.

most of these companies have a business registration and in order to obtain one you have to disclose the nature of the business and most of them have quoted they undertake deposits. how come the alarm bells didn’t ring at that point?

and another big loop hole in the system is, in order to operate a commercial bank it is required to have around 1.5billion rupee deposit in the CB but to operate a leasing company deposit is a mere 200mil but other than issuing cheque books and open letter of credits leasing companies have the authority to carry out every single service commercial banks are allowed to. now that doesn’t quite add up does it???????

I know there’s lot of blame been passed towards the depositors for putting all their eggs in one basket. which is a reasonable and a very valid criticism. but then again i can see why there were compelled to do that . every single withdrawal and deposit made via a commercial bank is taxed and more over they were only paying a mere 12-14% interest on FD’s at a time the inflation was hovering around 20%. So the depositors were actually getting a negative interest and value of their savings/deposits was actually depreciating. with the high cost of living it does make sense for them to jump on the high interest rate band wagon.

there are so many things wrong in this country that can be undone so easily. yet people are bussy/happy ‘lighting fire crackers’. and some ask why things are so political lol