• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Different Versions Of Corolla 110.

raji7778

Guys,

I'm in search of my first vehicle & thinking of buying a Corolla 110 ( Simply b'cos of low running cost, wide availability of affordable spares etc. )

But I'm a bit confused with the different versions available in the market namely AE, EE, SE, XE etc. & would like to get a fair bit of an idea of these in terms of price, options, performance, resale market etc.

Appreciate your expert comments!!!

CHEERS.

I'm no expert of corolla, but I think EE is the 1.3L variety while AE is 1.5L.

Corolla has so many different gradings; XE, XE Limited, SE, SE limited, Rivera, etc.

AFAIK Rivera is the highest grade.

Guys,

I'm in search of my first vehicle & thinking of buying a Corolla 110 ( Simply b'cos of low running cost, wide availability of affordable spares etc. )

But I'm a bit confused with the different versions available in the market namely AE, EE, SE, XE etc. & would like to get a fair bit of an idea of these in terms of price, options, performance, resale market etc.

CHEERS.

Mine is a XE Saloon (auto). its got all the options but minus retractable mirrors, rear headrests and rear hand rest.

Its pretty good on fuel does 10kmpl in city running, but it all depends on how you drive.

Performance maybe a bit sluggish because mine's a auto.

The best person to reply your querry would be milindu.

SE Saloon Highest grade - including Climate control A/C other options like Folding mirrors, power mirrors, Power shutters, Teak panels etc,

XE Saloon - All of SE saloon but without Folding mirrors and Climate controls and wood panels. (No Tachometer as well)

LX - Basic with few options

DX - With Black colored Bumpers. Super basic.. some of these don't even got Intermittent wiper controls.

I've got no idea about the XL and XLi since these are brand new imported.. guess got low options than JDM imports.

Rivera is the models that came after YOM 99

DX - Basic

LX - Basic with better seats and few other options

XE - Full Option without RPM, folding mirrors, touch AC

SE - Full Option

SE saloon (L) - Highest Grade with teak panels, reading lamps, etc (i had a one many years back)

Guys,

CHEERS.

Hi,

First of all I like to explain Toyota corolla AE series & EE Series. AE is japans Domestic Version and EE is a Toyota corolla Global for Worldwide version.

Eg. AE110/AE111/AE100 – Domestic versions

Eg. EE111/EE101/EE100 – Global versions

But most of Sri Lanka Brand new corolla versions are imported through Toyota Lanka Corolla EE101 Cerebrate Engine with 1.3L / 1.5L but some of barn new AE110 are available in Sri Lanka.

Hear I attached most useful details are Toyota corolla 1998 YOM . If u need more information’s and details, refer this web link.

http://www.cars-directory.net/specs/toyota/corolla/1998_4/

Use this link and brows this site and get the throw idea about the Toyota Corolla fully Car rang and deferent between the Modifications.

Tks,

Mahesh.

Edited by Mahesh Fernando

Hi,

First of all I like to explain Toyota corolla AE series & EE Series. AE is japans Domestic Version and EE is a Toyota corolla Global for Worldwide version.

Eg. AE110/AE111/AE100 – Domestic versions

Eg. EE111/EE101/EE100 – Global versions

But most of Sri Lanka Brand new corolla versions are imported through Toyota Lanka Corolla EE101 Cerebrate Engine with 1.3L / 1.5L but some of barn new AE110 are available in Sri Lanka.

Hear I attached most useful details are Toyota corolla 1998 YOM . If u need more information’s and details, refer this web link.

http://www.cars-directory.net/specs/toyota/corolla/1998_4/

Use this link and brows this site and get the throw idea about the Toyota Corolla fully Car rang and deferent between the Modifications.

Tks,

Mahesh.

OT...are you the same Mahesh F who's into IT and car selling? :)

If its the same fella...i bought an ae100 sprinter from you sometime ago :)

My one is Corolla AE110 SE Saloon G Grade 30th Anniversary model it comes with following options.

Year 1996, Manual Gear, 5A-FE 1500CC engine, velvet seat with rear headrest, retractable mirrors, Power steering, power mirrors, power shutters, central lock, ABS Break, Duel Air bag, UV cut glass, Fully automatic AC.

This is not Crystal Light model. If you want the crystal light model with these options you have to buy RIVERA or L Grade model.

This is giving me 11pl city and 16pl out stations (sometimes more than 16) with AC. I don’t switch off the AC.

Edited by Nilantha

My one is Corolla AE110 SE Saloon G Grade 30th Anniversary model it comes with following options.

Year 1996, Manual Gear, 5A-FE 1500CC engine, velvet seat with rear headrest, retractable mirrors, Power steering, power mirrors, power shutters, central lock, ABS Break, Duel Air bag, UV cut glass, Fully automatic AC.

This is not Crystal Light model. If you want the crystal light model with these options you have to buy RIVERA or L Grade model.

This is giving me 11pl city and 16pl out stations (sometimes more than 16) with AC. I don’t switch off the AC.

30th Anniversary ??? :unsure: I thought Toyota was found in 1937.

What's the difference between a so called Anniversary model and a non-Anniversary model? <_<

What's the difference between a so called Anniversary model and a non-Anniversary model? <_<

It has very little more options.

1. All batches are in gold colour

2. G grade batch near the SE Saloon Batch and front left side and right side.

3. 30th Anniversary sticker near the all G Grade batches.

4. Silver plated diki lid handle.

5. little Wood frame on the dashboard.

6. Factory fitted CD player.

7. Automatic AC. no ECNO button.

8. UV Cut Shutters and front and rear wind screen.

I don’t know about TOYOTA Company 30th Anniversary. But it has a sticker called 30th Anniversary. That is the model called 30th Anniversary Model. It has little bit market value than other SE Saloon models.

Edited by Nilantha

Most likely 30th anniversary of the Corolla, not Toyota. Even the Zs have been around more than 30 years now, Nissan did a 30th Anniversary special on that too.

Most likely 30th anniversary of the Corolla, not Toyota. Even the Zs have been around more than 30 years now, Nissan did a 30th Anniversary special on that too.

Ditto on that bro!

1239677547.png

Its the 30th Anniversary for Corolla!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...

Is there a version called "gold badge" in AE/CE110s facelifted models as well? (Not 110 Pre face lifted, G grades)

Ex:XE saloon limited gold badge

I have seen advertisement in AL saying the trim is XE saloon limited yet with few chrome plated parts like rear dicky handle, side door handles which usually comes in SE saloon limited L/Rivera.

Is it just modified in SL or really existent version?

• 1 month later...

According to JDM catalogue for Toyota Corolla EE111 released in 1998 April followings are the models.

2WD Series

(1) SE-Saloon - 1.5 16valve EFI / 2.2 Diesel EFI

(2) XE-Saloon - 1.5 16valve EFI / 1.3 16 valve EFI / 2.2 Diesel EFI

(3) GT - 1.6 Twincam 2.0

(4) LX - 1.5 16valve EFI / 1.3 16 valve EFI / 2.2 Diesel EFI

(5) DX - 1.5 16valve EFI / 1.3 16 valve EFI / 2.2 Diesel EFI

4WD Series

(1) SE-Saloon - 4WD 1.6 16valve EFI / 4WD 2.2 Diesel EFI

(2) XE-Saloon - 4WD 1.6 16valve EFI / 4WD 2.2 Diesel EFI

(3) LX - 4WD 1.6 16valve EFI / 4WD 2.2 Diesel EFI

According to JDM catalogue for Toyota Sprinter EE111 released in 1998 April followings are the models.

2WD Series

(1) SE Vintage - 1.5 / 2.2 Diesel

(2) XE Vintage - 1.3 / 1.5 / 2.2 Diesel

(3) LX -1.3 / 1.5 / 2.2 Diesel

(4) GT - 1.6

4WD Series

(1) SE Vintage - 4WD 1.6 / 4WD 2.2 Diesel

(2) XE Vintage - 4WD 1.6 / 4WD 2.2 Diesel

(3) LX - 4WD 1.6 / 4WD 2.2 Diesel