• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Tata Prima

zonda

The Tata Prima is the Tata’s new concept car displayed at Geneva Motor Show 2009. This is the future sedan designed Pininfarina for Tata. This car includes some characteristics of Tata Indigo with sporty design characteristics to create a coupe like silhouette.

Pininfarina didn't show a new car at this year's Geneva Motor Show, but there was a surprise new model on the Tata stand adorned with the famed Carrozzeria's signature. Called the Tata Prima(meaning 'first' in Italian) , the luxury sedan concept is the first official project of the Tata-Pininfarina cooperation.

2009_tata_prima.jpg

Based on the platform of the Tata Indigo - the first Indian sedan - the Prima is an indication of how future Tata sedans could look. Conceived to raise the profile of the Tata brand, the four-door has a sober but refined design, combined with lines that are reminiscent of a coupe's. The design balances fluidity and tension, which are visible in the shoulderline that runs the length of the car, and exudes an overall elegance endowed with proportions that are at once classical and modern.

tata_prima_2009_001.jpg

Though the model was an exterior only, the concept's 2.7m-long wheelbase is claimed to provide interior space befitting of a luxury sedan. The subtle treatment of the C-pillar and Pininfarina's distinctive coupe-like silhouette are also said to not impinge on interior space.

tata_prima_sedan.jpg

Edited by zonda

is it me or does it look exacly like the jag XF? :blink:

it looks more like lexus gs and puegoet 407 to me. but as with all tata concepts the wheels are too f*****g small. seriously i don't know when they'll learn. and i dont believe thats the exact shape pininfarina intended it to be. :action-smiley-060:

Rear looks like a MarkII

Love to see that Indians getting the hang of design...

they haven't machan :mellow:

they've been smart and simply hired the Italians (Pinifarina as mentioned in the article) to do what they do best , but i'm not quite convinced that this particular design is something they'd sign off on...

i recall once either Giugiaro (Italdesign) or Pinninfarina actually went to the extent of completely ignoring the existence of some crap car which was designed by them - it was benished from their memories so much in fact that despite the car model being named after the designer , the car wasn't featured in a book which listed the all the cars the design consortium ever had a hand in drwaing up!

ouch

...now if only i could remember the model and manufacturer :mellow:

I recall once either Giugiaro (Italdesign) or Pinninfarina actually went to the extent of completely ignoring the existence of some crap car which was designed by them - it was benished from their memories so much in fact that despite the car model being named after the designer , the car wasn't featured in a book which listed the all the cars the design consortium ever had a hand in drwaing up!

ouch

I vote for the Hyundai Matrix!

they haven't machan :mellow:

they've been smart and simply hired the Italians (Pinifarina as mentioned in the article) to do what they do best , but i'm not quite convinced that this particular design is something they'd sign off on...

i recall once either Giugiaro (Italdesign) or Pinninfarina actually went to the extent of completely ignoring the existence of some crap car which was designed by them - it was benished from their memories so much in fact that despite the car model being named after the designer , the car wasn't featured in a book which listed the all the cars the design consortium ever had a hand in drwaing up!

ouch

That would be the Morris Ital.... A rebodied Marina designed by (as the name suggests) Italdesign...

82italhlssedanestate.jpg

Edited by Supra_Natural

IMO it isnt a bad looking thing... sure there are plenty of design cues ripped off from euro machines, but kudos to the indians for at least trying to break out of the boring econobox mould.... True the proportions are kinda off but I think that can be explained by the fact that the platform used is that of the IndiGo, which means this will have the same wheelbase, track and so forth... NOT the most promising basis for a good looking design.

Personally I think this could be interesting if Tata have the balls to go ahead with it.

Edited by Supra_Natural

True the proportions are kinda off but I think that can be explained by the fact that the platform used is that of the IndiGo, which means this will have the same wheelbase, track and so forth... NOT the most promising basis for a good looking design.

seems like they havent even bothered to stretch the platform. just look at that hideous rear overhang.

seems like they havent even bothered to stretch the platform. just look at that hideous rear overhang.

I doubt they have, Indians are by nature very cost focused, and stretching the platform would have entailed some investment.... :)

Since the IndiGo is the biggest car platform they have, I guess they just ran with that....

I doubt they have, Indians are by nature very cost focused, and stretching the platform would have entailed some investment.... :)

Since the IndiGo is the biggest car platform they have, I guess they just ran with that....

if some photoshop guru makes the wheels biggers and moves the back wheels a bit more towards the rear i think we'll be able to see how pininfarina wanted this car to look. cos if you take the bit above the shoulder line this does have the makings of a really good looking car. but thanks to the indians ignorance of aesthetics its just a big minger :angry:

i wonder what GTAm has to say about this sacrilege :lol:

I think it has some designe aspects from Fiat as well. The nose looks similar to the Punto. Does the Punto have something to do with Pinninfarina?

One thing is for certain Mr. R. Tata is in the Fiat board.

Nope . its a italdesign