• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Current Market Situation

L board

:lol::P:laughing-smiley-007::laughing-smiley-002:

When the economy hits the bottom... I guess no one will be laughing... <_< Hope at least that will knock some sense into people.

A country is nothing but an economy. You need to be alive to rejoice victory of war. you need money to buy bullets. you need to stay alive to fight. to buy food you need money.

To save the country, to truly be free we need to have a strong economy.

War is just a cost which we cannot desist!

Edited by isam

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When the economy hits the bottom... I guess no one will be laughing... <_< Hope at least that will knock some sense into people.

A country is nothing but an economy. You need to be alive to rejoice victory of war. you need money to buy bullets. you need to stay alive to fight. to buy food you need money.

To save the country, to truly be free we need to have a strong economy.

War is just a cost which we cannot desist!

You guys are considering terrorisms, economy, and attitude of the people as separate entities and repeating the same thing again and again. For me, all of them are related by a vicious cycle.

Terrorisms-> Poor Economy-> Terrorisms

What president Premadasa tried to do was limit the LTTE activities to north and boost the economy and hence beat terrorism. His method did not work, LTTE has it's own master plan and you never can restrict them when they are powerful.

Now Ranil/Chandrika. What they did ? They are just clue less and victim of Neocolonialism. They just listen to their masters only.

What MR is trying to do is breaking the terrorisms to break the vicious cycle.

The greatest obstacle to the development of the county/economy is the neocolonialized mentality. These people will drag you from behind. They will try to spread negative thoughts. They will ask you to listening to the masters. They will say that you can't go beyond the masters. And they will tell you that “it is not an easy task as it may sound” if you don't follow the masters.

To jump the next leap we will require some critical energy to overcome neocolonialed people. Once the people with correct attitude are dominated and show achievements, neocolonialized people withdraw their positions and the required energy to make the leap will be formed. Once it is broken it will never be returned.

Take the analogy of Sri Lankan Cricket. In early days we were taught to play like masters. We were taught that we should speak the language of masters in the field. Our aim was to play like masters but not to surpass the masters. Meanwhile some players with free thinking (and do the things in their own way) was emerged with the development of cricket, and formed a huge energy to make the leap. If the cricket was dominated by the elite class, we still will be negligible in front of masters. Same should be spread to every arena.

whatever dude!

do you honestly believe that this country will become a utopia after the remaining land is captured or if prabakaran is slain?......will i be able to afford to buy the bridge i've been saving up for?...will all "sri lankans" be able to ride on in to the sunset after the war is over?....will it be smooth sailing from there?...

i used quotes for sri lankans because some "patriots" have a very twisted idea of what a sri lankan is

and seriously dude...the "kalu sudda" mud slinging thing is getting very old...it's about time people found something else to throw at the "capitalists".

Guys, since this is a somewhat sensitive subject, don't take things personally or label people directly.

ok... sorry peri...my bad...edited

Edited by HelRazor

whatever, your post sound like a memoirs of a dominatrix. as helrazor has put it kalu sudda talk is plain bull. wake up mate we are in the 21st century where nations can't survive on its own. specially 3rd world nations. our international reputation and international communities faith in the ruling party has been tarnished so much we have to beg for money from war lords like Gaddafi and Ahmadinejad.

i'll refrain from commenting further as i have made my stance on this issue very clear in this forum numerous times.

Guys to retain the value of this forum, can we please leave out our political openions? Let's keep the political stories separate. Let's keep this forum nice and clean by sticking to what all of us love and this is VEHICLES!!!!! AND LOADS AND LOADS OF VEHICLES! So let's stop discussing our political opinions here.

Thanks

Edited by L board

You guys are considering terrorisms, economy, and attitude of the people as separate entities and repeating the same thing again and again. For me, all of them are related by a vicious cycle.

Terrorisms-> Poor Economy-> Terrorisms

What president Premadasa tried to do was limit the LTTE activities to north and boost the economy and hence beat terrorism. His method did not work, LTTE has it's own master plan and you never can restrict them when they are powerful.

Now Ranil/Chandrika. What they did ? They are just clue less and victim of Neocolonialism. They just listen to their masters only.

What MR is trying to do is breaking the terrorisms to break the vicious cycle.

The greatest obstacle to the development of the county/economy is the neocolonialized mentality. These people will drag you from behind. They will try to spread negative thoughts. They will ask you to listening to the masters. They will say that you can't go beyond the masters. And they will tell you that “it is not an easy task as it may sound” if you don't follow the masters.

To jump the next leap we will require some critical energy to overcome neocolonialed people. Once the people with correct attitude are dominated and show achievements, neocolonialized people withdraw their positions and the required energy to make the leap will be formed. Once it is broken it will never be returned.

Take the analogy of Sri Lankan Cricket. In early days we were taught to play like masters. We were taught that we should speak the language of masters in the field. Our aim was to play like masters but not to surpass the masters. Meanwhile some players with free thinking (and do the things in their own way) was emerged with the development of cricket, and formed a huge energy to make the leap. If the cricket was dominated by the elite class, we still will be negligible in front of masters. Same should be spread to every arena.

This isnt the first time you've popped into a "state of the country" discussion is it? i distinctly remember you spewing your useless garbage over another similar thread sometime back. Unfortunately for you my dear man, the people in this forum DONT live under a rock, watch only Government TV and read the Daily News, so spouting off about how "the great MR is a superhuman and has single-handedly ended the war, is now going to create world peace, end world hunger and adopt all the world's starving children All HAil All Hail!!" makes you basically the equivalent of a North Korean citizen who now firmly believes that they have a satellite in space which is "broadcasting revolutionary melodies to the world"!

You can post here till you're blue in the face, but you arent going to change the view of most people here, since the majority of us have half a clue about thw bigger picture, unlike yourself. So do us all a favour and go prostate yourself in front of your picture of the "Great Leader"... or something.

Guys to retain the value of this forum, can we please leave out our political openions? Let's keep the political stories separate. Let's keep this forum nice and clean by sticking to what all of us love and this is VEHICLES!!!!! AND LOADS AND LOADS OF VEHICLES! So let's stop discussing our political opinions here.

Thanks

sorry L Board, we've kinda drifted wayy of topic here... But A*****es like this do tend to get people riled up... sorry mate.

machang what ever why do you start to sound like a dood i kw who says his blood is even blue ... :action-smiley-060: this matter is not about parties or abt some super natural politikka .... who slef claims himself a king ...who died some time back ... and this kalu sudda word its too old mate and beofre you start talking u should think we can't live by our slef in this world we need eachother and if ur living in this island mentality of yours surely .... we have to thnk your one of those guys who runs behind some one telling all hail ......

alot of ppl are very simple minded ... when some one try to show u the moon they look at the finger and start to make false claims i don't kw when this country will grow up .. <_<

by the way if u don't kw there are lot of folks who have lot of connections with different politikkos more than you ever think and when they see some thing wrong with them or there system they stand up and say its wrong ...cos they have a back bone :violent-smiley-099:

A friend of mine advertised two Toyotas of his, both agent purchased/maintained, under 50k mileage each, at pretty decent prices...and nothing. Not even a serious call.

It does appear the market is undergoing a re-adjustment, which makes sense as prices have been crazy since about 2000 or so.. perhaps even earlier.

I guess this will be a bit of a bummer for all those car showrooms which were used to charging crazy prices ;) well they are still asking for those prices in the paper, the difference is that nobody is buying

On a related note, does anyone here care to speculate on the value of the Rupee (or lack thereof :o)

Edited by Saturn

A friend of mine advertised two Toyotas of his, both agent purchased/maintained, under 50k mileage each, at pretty decent prices...and nothing. Not even a serious call.

It does appear the market is undergoing a re-adjustment, which makes sense as prices have been crazy since about 2000 or so.. perhaps even earlier.

I guess this will be a bit of a bummer for all those car showrooms which were used to charging crazy prices ;) well they are still asking for those prices in the paper, the difference is that nobody is buying

On a related note, does anyone here care to speculate on the value of the Rupee (or lack thereof :o)

my knowledge in economics is nil. but i just noticed the rupee has a gone down against the dollar and the pound somewhat drastically in the last month or so. i bet that means something.

This isnt the first time you've popped into a "state of the country" discussion is it? i distinctly remember you spewing your useless garbage over another similar thread sometime back. Unfortunately for you my dear man, the people in this forum DONT live under a rock, watch only Government TV and read the Daily News, so spouting off about how "the great MR is a superhuman and has single-handedly ended the war, is now going to create world peace, end world hunger and adopt all the world's starving children All HAil All Hail!!" makes you basically the equivalent of a North Korean citizen who now firmly believes that they have a satellite in space which is "broadcasting revolutionary melodies to the world"!

You can post here till you're blue in the face, but you arent going to change the view of most people here, since the majority of us have half a clue about thw bigger picture, unlike yourself. So do us all a favour and go prostate yourself in front of your picture of the "Great Leader"... or something.

Hello, Thank you for your interpretation about me.

All I have to say is, I never watch Government TV or I even can't remember last time I read the Daily News. I'm not living in Sri Lanka after all.

I'm not living under a rock, I have interactions/worked with the people in the many parts of the world. So I can compare the attitude of some of our people/leaders with the rest of the world.

I'm not “blue” either, I have my respect toward great people like Lalith Athulath Mudali who should have lead this country. But not for jokers like RW/ CBK.

If MR could eliminate the terrorism one should be humble enough to appreciate it.

I know most people in this forum has some other view, but that does not mean whole world is with you. This is the only forum dominated by green people. Show me an example if you can!

If MR could eliminate the terrorism one should be humble enough to appreciate it.

I know most people in this forum has some other view, but that does not mean whole world is with you. This is the only forum dominated by green people. Show me an example if you can!

mate...

if i may rudely butt in...

do agree with you on the first part! I bet almost all Sri Lankans do to some degree at least...even the folks in the opposition though due to political reasons they might not admit it...

And on the second point... i have to disagree with you...

there might be folks from the "green" camp but most of us want what's best for the country and in a selfish way...what's best for us also...

after all...nobody lives twice and we want to enjoy our lives and the country we were born in to the maximum...

what most of AL wont agree is that...just because the present leadership has won over ltte, the single biggest issue in SL...doesn't give them a free reign over the country and us the people.

There are some who blindly support anything and everything by the present leadership due to it's military gains which i think is quite idiotic...

criticism should be there when it's due and maybe i'm wrong but i have not seen anybody in this community criticizing the leadership without reason!

Feel free to correct me i'm wrong... cos as far i'm concerned...i'm just a Sri Lankan wanting what's right and what's best for this country...

party politics is of no concern to me cos in my view that has brought nothing but misery to this country!

i'm not MR's biggest fan. but i'm actually starting to like him for getting our forces this far. but then again its a different story when you are down there mixing with the people who have to live under his reign. trust me. their thoughts aren't as generous as mine.

Because i spend half the year in sl and half the year abroad i can with much assurance point out that people's view on sl when they are seeing it from another country is completely different to what you experience the moment you set your foot in sl. and don't just stick to one class of the society. go to the very bottom end and see how the very people who used up their precious vote on MR are cursing him now.

anyway, can we please get back to talking about the car market now?

@ Peri, apologies if i got too political here.

I'm agreeing. There is a rule somewhere in the rulebook that says moderators can remove any posts that don't add to the value of the topic. This has gone way OT, and I hope everyone thinks they had their chance to say their piece, coz its gotta stop now. I'll leave the convo thus far in the interest of fairness and not to seem biased one way or the other, but the OT stops from this point on. Car market it is!

I'm agreeing. There is a rule somewhere in the rulebook that says moderators can remove any posts that don't add to the value of the topic. This has gone way OT, and I hope everyone thinks they had their chance to say their piece, coz its gotta stop now. I'll leave the convo thus far in the interest of fairness and not to seem biased one way or the other, but the OT stops from this point on. Car market it is!

hmm..... si this the same rulebook that has been in the pipeline almost forever??? machang the thing is certain comments have been made that can't be left alone with out a response. specially if that person is quoting one of your comments.

anywayz back ot the topic, so L board what's your analysis on teh market based on this weekends H*T A*????????????? has the market come down even more (surprise surprise)????????????? have you atleast made up your mind on what you going to buy yet?????

out of curiosity how many of you dear members are genuinely planning to buy a set of new wheels in near future, lets say in the coming 6 months?????

my knowledge in economics is nil. but i just noticed the rupee has a gone down against the dollar and the pound somewhat drastically in the last month or so. i bet that means something.

machang GPB was on the slide since the beginning of 3rd quarter last year after a all time high against the greenback in summer. actually it has been slightly appreciating since end of last year.

i have given an explanation using economic fundamentals in a previous thread in this regard. try your luck with the search function.

it is widely believe the rupee has been kept appreciated by around 10 - 15%. my view is USD will hit just over 120 in the coming months. its a matter of weather CB will float the currency like in CBK's era or they'll artificially control it like the soft dollar peg in operation now. then again CB is not operating independently nor its policies are in par with the interest of the majority. therefore its hard to make any speculations.

All I have to say is, I never watch Government TV or I even can't remember last time I read the Daily News. I'm not living in Sri Lanka after all.

I'm not living under a rock, I have interactions/worked with the people in the many parts of the world. So I can compare the attitude of some of our people/leaders with the rest of the world.

I'm not “blue” either, I have my respect toward great people like Lalith Athulath Mudali who should have lead this country. But not for jokers like RW/ CBK.

due ot the common interest of keeping theads on topic i have posted my reply in post whoring thread - click here

hmm..... si this the same rulebook that has been in the pipeline almost forever??? machang the thing is certain comments have been made that can't be left alone with out a response. specially if that person is quoting one of your comments.

No actually, this was a rule that was introduced by Madz sometime during Hola's post-whoring practices. And I know how you feel, I've been there many times myself, which is why I've left the current content as it is. The rule has been somewhat loosely enforced lately, hence the notice given to keep it clean, instead of suddenly popping in and thread cleaning. But the rule does exist. Since I can't find the thread, Madz, would you pls confirm the rule?

I guess the whole AL family is with me if I say; (We are not a forum for politics)

Yes we do appreciate MR for trying to finish the war.

No we don't agree on how the economy is handled. In an independent POV, the government does not know what it is doing in the economic front. :angry-smiley-048: And pocketing the countries money is also not approved by us.

And you don't have to be green to blue or red or rainbow colour to feel that the country is going to dogs in economic front. AND DON'T EVEN THINK OF BLAMING IT ON THE WORLD RECESSION! for we don't have any foreign investments to loose.

Edited by isam

No actually, this was a rule that was introduced by Madz sometime during Hola's post-whoring practices. And I know how you feel, I've been there many times myself, which is why I've left the current content as it is. The rule has been somewhat loosely enforced lately, hence the notice given to keep it clean, instead of suddenly popping in and thread cleaning. But the rule does exist. Since I can't find the thread, Madz, would you pls confirm the rule?

no need to reconfirm machang i was just taking the micky out of the fact that certain things in AL has been in the pipeline for ages now.

anyway, L board where are you man???? we all are waiting for your market commentary

• 4 weeks later...

Toyotal LN109 1997 G number SSRX in mint condition can be bought for just 3M (amazing!)

Toyota LN166 2004 brand new can be bought for 3.5M

Nissan D22 1997 YOM registered in 2004 (H number) can be bough for 2.9M

Its happenning!!!!!!!!!!! The sellers consider themselves lucky if they can find a buyer even for the prices mentioned above.

These are the latest offers confirmed by some sellers recently. The nose dive has just begun for commercial/dual purpose type vehicles. I heard the car market is not that bad yet.