• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

2nd Gen Crx As A Daily Runner? Help!!!

sharky

Hey Everyone, my first post here!

I just want to know from all CRX 2nd Gen users, past & present out there whether or not it can be put to the daily grind?

I really want a pocket rocket without the hassles of tuning, regular breakdowns & repairs. I won't be racing it or anything, but I need something that handles nicely and has a little pep. These are the points I wanted to clarify:

1. Fuel Economy

What's your estimated mileage from past experience? (I know this depends on the Engine type & specific model HF or Si etc, but your personal experience would be great)

2. Availability of Spare parts - Are they widely available & will I have to pay through the nose for any little part that breaks down?

3.What are the commonest problems encountered with it?

4.Finally for the budget of 7-8 Lakhs is a CRX 2nd Gen worth it or are there other cars which you would recommend over the CRX?

I'd love to hear about past experiences driving the CRX, I'm really looking forward to buying one but I don't want to be in a rush & end up with a Honda Headache instead of a Honda CRX!

Thanks everyone

well me familly owned all three gen's at one time or another.....parts for the second gen are freely available through a couple of shops like tec moters,allthough dont expect the costs to be cheap like a toyota......parts for the first gen are now running dry somewhat

according to me dad mileage for the second gen was about 7kmpl..and he has a very aggressive driving habbit...so under normal driving you could easily achieve 9 or 10 kmpl

for your budget there are no substitute other than a crx...great car!....although people who have driven both the first gen and the second gen usually prefer the first one.....first gen Mr2 is also a good alternative

Hey thanks for the quick reply & the info HelRazor, great to know that CRXs aren't so rare in SL, I'm really looking forward to getting one. Sounds like a really nice zippy car. But of course I really don't want to get stuck with a big burning hole in my pocket!

And Tharindu, by pocket rocket I meant I want a small car that can run really fast! Pls don't give me that weird look!

Anybody else with any more info, pls reply.....

Oh by the way I looked into an MR2, & didn't find it too appealing, and also the small fact that it's a pure 2 seater. I know the CRX isn't a real 4 seater, but you can pop a person in the "back-seat" in an emergency right?

well "CHAP" has a friend who has been using a second gen crx as daily runner for quite some time....dunno if he's a member here.....

maybe chap can share some borrowed pointers on the crx.

actually the crxs are quite rare in SL.. and those for sale will not be cheap

yep second gen's are even rarer and go for around 9 laks...the one we had had a roof glass almost all the way up to the drivin seat,dunno if that's common :unsure:

well "CHAP" has a friend who has been using a second gen crx as daily runner for quite some time....dunno if he's a member here.....

maybe chap can share some borrowed pointers on the crx.

yep second gen's are even rarer and go for around 9 laks...the one we had had a roof glass almost all the way up to the drivin seat,dunno if that's common :unsure:

I know CHAP's friend. Uses the car on a daily basis. It's a twin carb version He gets around 9km/l. Some parts are quite hard to get and the agents are not his best pals as they seem to look down on older cars.

He had issues with the brakes for a very long time and its an inherent weakness of the car according to him.

I like the styling and the handling. Dislike the crashy ride, engine noise and feel-less steering. It's reasonably quick but the revs need to kept high as the power is in the top end. Redlined at 8k rpm! Low down torque is not great.

Many cars have been messed around with so search hard until you find an unmolested one.

I know CHAP's friend. Uses the car on a daily basis. It's a twin carb version He gets around 9km/l. Some parts are quite hard to get and the agents are not his best pals as they seem to look down on older cars.

He had issues with the brakes for a very long time and its an inherent weakness of the car according to him.

I like the styling and the handling. Dislike the crashy ride, engine noise and feel-less steering. It's reasonably quick but the revs need to kept high as the power is in the top end. Redlined at 8k rpm! Low down torque is not great.

Many cars have been messed around with so search hard until you find an unmolested one.

an unmolested Honda? :lol:

one would have better luck with... i'll not complete that sentence :D

:jumping-smiley-013: a good tuned crx can do easily 12kml as its rruninig d15b with a lighter body,also can swap to 1.5 vtec or sir easily,spare parts r freely on market n its got a nice look too also u can do lot of stuff to it so go 4 a one mate its a good buy.

in srilanka d15b single carb(ex) or dual carb(mx) engines are common on 2nd gen crx, 1st gen lot of cars came up with 1300cc engs, also few cars is sl with 1600cc pgmfi( non vtec ) efi engns n d15b vtec eng welll b16 is a diff story ..cos Sir means power mate n twin cam.

"Ig-Nite" The AL Street Partayy!!!

aaah right

almost forgot about that..

i hear its going to be more carnival like and fun for all as opposed to be being exclusively a hard core street party , which is a good thing in a way

widens the demographic a bit i guess