• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Slaf In Action - Victory Day 2009

Ripper

Hi All,

Managed to get off office and head to the beach to get some shots of our fly boys in action today. After a lot of heartache about permission to shoot and stuff, did manage to shoot over 800 pics in a matter of minutes :)

The skies over colombo couldn't have been worse with horrible overcast and dull skies but SLAF did managed to deliver and take all that away...

pics are on my flickr page since uploading 50 odd pics here didn't seem to practical...

Enjoy!!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/blindshooter/...57619101770559/

ps. special thanks to MeanGreenZ :)

Hi All,

Managed to get off office and head to the beach to get some shots of our fly boys in action today. After a lot of heartache about permission to shoot and stuff, did manage to shoot over 800 pics in a matter of minutes :)

The skies over colombo couldn't have been worse with horrible overcast and dull skies but SLAF did managed to deliver and take all that away...

pics are on my flickr page since uploading 50 odd pics here didn't seem to practical...

Enjoy!!!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/blindshooter/...57619101770559/

ps. special thanks to MeanGreenZ :)

Ripper Thanks for the pics bro.. :)

Thanks all! :)

and yes it was quite a sight and the rumble of those jet motors was quite a nice feeling :)

Me and VVTI were on top of a water tank of an apartment complex when some cops decided to spoil the show for us. Nearly got arrested, they checked our gear and got our details down before sending us off with a warning :violent-smiley-099:

nice pics.. was watching the show from marine drive.. quite spectacular

We too were there bro! we were a few meters away from the marine drive army checkpoint...

I missed the naval show thanks to those horrid cops :( we were scared to take out our cameras since not many were taking pics...and not a single one within the area had a DSLR...

Finally couldn't wait no more as the ships passed away and i inquired from an army chap about whether it's ok to shoot... And the fella said "aiyo ai mechchara wela camerawa car eke thiyagana hitiye. nav tika okkoma giyane"

With that got me gear out...put it on high speed auto and kept clicking on those jets...

Cops gave me one more reason to absolutely hate them :action-smiley-060:

Great pics Good skills you got mate!

Thanks for sharing and thanks for the SMS :lol: was there partying with comrades that time.

Noticed few corrections

Pic 6 its Mi17-V5 not Mi-35

Pic 13 thats Mi-24/35s of No 09 Attck heli Sqn not 10

Pic 23/24/25 Thats the Y-12 formation of No 08 Light Transport Sqn

Pic 39 thats the F-7 formation

Pic 42 note the FT-7 trainer

Pic 44 Note the Kfir TC.2 tandem seater (one of two we have)

Keep up the good work bro!

MINIACE

Great pics Good skills you got mate!

Thanks for sharing and thanks for the SMS :lol: was there partying with comrades that time.

Noticed few corrections

Pic 6 its Mi17-V5 not Mi-35

Pic 13 thats Mi-24/35s of No 09 Attck heli Sqn not 10

Pic 23/24/25 Thats the Y-12 formation of No 08 Light Transport Sqn

Pic 39 thats the F-7 formation

Pic 42 note the FT-7 trainer

Pic 44 Note the Kfir TC.2 tandem seater (one of two we have)

Keep up the good work bro!

MINIACE

thanks you sir! I actually wanted you to go through them and help me out a bit with the id thing...

corrected the 17's mis id in the morning itself when i found the list of SLAF aircrafts on wikipedia :)

To be honest, never seen a better ground-to-air shot to beat you !

Truely awesome. Hats off to Ripper the 'great aircraft shooter' !! :appl:

MINIACE

Thanks Bro! :blush:

maybe someday you can get me into the hangers to do some closeups :)