• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Astina Vs Crx

sharky

You are comparing a 4 door family car with a 2 door sports car. The Honda has much better performance and handling, the Mazda has more space and can seat 4 people as opposed to two in the Honda.

The Mazda's ride comfort is ok. The Honda's is terrible on our roads and the low ground clearance can be very annoying.

Not sure about the maintenance cost of the Astina but the CRX can be high.

(The Honda's is terrible on our roads and the low ground clearance can be very annoying.)

mate think twice b4 u put this its 200% wrong..telling this by experiance

maintanance n spares n body pars r easy to find than astina

n abt the power n handelling crx is way a head mate

only prob is crx is a 2 door sports n astina is 4 door

if u compare 2 crx is way a head even in fuel n power too

Thanks for the replies, I'm a Honda fan myself, I was looking for a good CRX in the ads & saw the Astina pop up a few times & they were pretty low priced("cheap" seems a dirty word). Anyway what's the fuel consumption on the Astina? Any ideas?

it shd do abt 10kml as its dohc 1500cc, or bit low sm ppl say thrs af fuel injection prob in it n spcealy it go low as body parts r bit hard to found ( specialy those front lights n motors)

(The Honda's is terrible on our roads and the low ground clearance can be very annoying.)

mate think twice b4 u put this its 200% wrong..telling this by experiance

maintanance n spares n body pars r easy to find than astina

n abt the power n handelling crx is way a head mate

only prob is crx is a 2 door sports n astina is 4 door

if u compare 2 crx is way a head even in fuel n power too

Not in my book. I drive my cousin's car on a regular basis. He's had the car for more than ten years and I've driven it many many many times.

You ask him what he does not like about the car and his main criticism is that as well. In fact its very frustrating that it has so little suspension travel and you have to slow right down for every little ripple on the road. If you go with higher profile tyres you tend to kill the handling. The only place it excels is on smooth roads. And we all know how rare that is in our country.

I owned a series one and the ride was much much better.

Also I know exactly what he has spent on the car and its atrocious. He has also had to import certain parts from Singapore as they are not available here.

And mate......if you read my post properly you'll see that I have actually said "The Honda has much better performance and handling," Did you read that part?

I know its not easy for most people when their favourite brand's short comings are revealed but I like to be objective here.

What's a better all-rounder to the CRX is a Mazda Autozam. I had a great drive in Pradfred's car. Even though the ending wasn't very happy ;)

• 3 weeks later...

well ui guess its a must that i must comment... owning and maintaining an astina for 7 years and using it as a daily driver.. with a very good tune up and moderate driving u can get around 10 max per a liter... abuot handling i dont know if its me.. but the astina seems to be grounded on corners a little but more than the CRX that i drove.. think its because of the weight factor.. astina is heavier..

about the parts.. yes some parts are harder to find, but so is the CRX parts.. but since the astina shares a common platform with the popular 323 i found it to be ok... and the popup lights hardly fail... face it the car i have now is 20 years old and i have never replaced the headlights..

CRX is lighter and yes should be faster than a normal astina... handling i am little effi on that.. guess u cant compare since mine is a little lower and the tires are a little wider...

but sharky its up to u... again the differnce would be acuatlly on the seating... and yes suspention is a little better on the astina as it was meant as a family car..

Hey all Mazda buffs, can someone tell me, from the viewpoint of fuel economy, reliability, maintenance costs & all around drivability which is better for daily running on Sri Lankan roads; the Mazda astina or Honda CRX?

Thanks!

Fuel Economy = 9 - 11 KmpL city, 14 max out station

Reliability = Better than avg

Maintenance costs = Low (if u treat her good)

Parts = Not much of a hassle and not expensive (my recent purchase - a gearbox for Rs.25000)

Drivability = Good (stock)

All around Astina is more practicle for our roads.

looks like Charith 19 & Guru have summed up everything - :-D

If your looking for a Astina – please do take care as there are several abused Asitna’s out there who have had donkeys as drivers ….. who basically have ruined a lovely car.

Do a detailed inspection – cause it would help as u won’t be bitching about the car afterwards

Good luck on your decision – both are good car - but for me Astina is the choice

Well to tell the truth I've been driving "family" cars all along, station wagons, a 323 (looong ago), and I'm driving a Doc Sunny now (Diesel mind you). I really want to switch to something sporty for a change, not for looks, I want to feel the power at my feet. I also don't want the constant hassle, repairs, huge fuel bill usually associated with a fast number. That's why I thought the 2nd Gen CRX would be a good bet, I'm not an aggressive driver & I hope I wont have to spend more time in the garage than the regular tune-up, servicing & the occasional cock-up.

I saw the Astina and it piqued my interest a little as it's in my budget too, I've driven the starlet as well but I'm sick of Toyota's & I've never tried owning a Honda.

So if anyone has any more opinions, pls tell me, I'm really grateful for the loads of advice given by the Honda guys & Mazda guys on this forum.

Thanks again everyone!

Well to tell the truth I've been driving "family" cars all along, station wagons, a 323 (looong ago), and I'm driving a Doc Sunny now (Diesel mind you). I really want to switch to something sporty for a change, not for looks, I want to feel the power at my feet. I also don't want the constant hassle, repairs, huge fuel bill usually associated with a fast number. That's why I thought the 2nd Gen CRX would be a good bet, I'm not an aggressive driver & I hope I wont have to spend more time in the garage than the regular tune-up, servicing & the occasional cock-up.

I saw the Astina and it piqued my interest a little as it's in my budget too, I've driven the starlet as well but I'm sick of Toyota's & I've never tried owning a Honda.

So if anyone has any more opinions, pls tell me, I'm really grateful for the loads of advice given by the Honda guys & Mazda guys on this forum.

Thanks again everyone!

Hi Sharky…….. No harsh feelings when I say this but your post seems a bit confusing

Generally “feeling the power at your feet “would result in huge fuel bills – in almost any car brand IMHO

I take it that u believe sedans e.g doc sunny, family cars boring and slow - hence u would like to go for something sporty – thus a CRX/Astina

I’m sure there are loads of members who can prove you wrong – Ur welcome to go for a spin in a 323 – and I’m sure u;ll be able to feel the power at your foot J

Take your time hunting for a good deal – but also remember that U can’t always have the cake & eat it at the same time – If your lucky u just might get a chance

Sorry if I sounded confusing, the bottom line is I want a (preferably 2 door) sports hatch which I can use as a daily runner with minimum hastle for a budget of around 8 Lakhs. Since I haven't had a Honda before, my preference for a CRX. I don't want to rice it or anything (maybe a Lambo door conversion down the line, but that's it). Thanks for the opinions everyone, and keep them coming!

Sorry if I sounded confusing, the bottom line is I want a (preferably 2 door) sports hatch which I can use as a daily runner with minimum hastle for a budget of around 8 Lakhs. Since I haven't had a Honda before, my preference for a CRX. I don't want to rice it or anything (maybe a Lambo door conversion down the line, but that's it). Thanks for the opinions everyone, and keep them coming!

OT, but try also an Autozam. Suddenly there seem to be about 3 -4 advertised. And can bargain and get for around your budget I feel..........

Honda CRX is a rev happy motor and while it screams it needs to be looked after too. But Hondas are bulletproof cars so no worries either way.