• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Need A Toyota Prius Hybrid

Sonal

Please tell me where can i buy one..not brand new..ASAP

Thanks

The prius is not exactly a common car in Sri Lanka, there are at most probably 3 or 4 cars in total. All of those that are in private hands are first generation cars. As far As I Know, no examples of the later cars are with private owners... I think Toyota itself has a demo car.

Your only option is to wait until one of the cars is put up for sale, one was circulating around not too long ago.

As I found in internet, it will cost 4500USD. :D and toyota gives 8yr/100000 miles warranty for battery pack.

This is way, some people says that prius is not efficient/green as u see.

you are quite true. read in an article that the carbon foot print left behind in the process of making the Hybrid is fairly high compared to an average car. as part for the hybrid is manufactured all over the world

you are quite true. read in an article that the carbon foot print left behind in the process of making the Hybrid is fairly high compared to an average car. as part for the hybrid is manufactured all over the world
exactly! Hybrids are a joke; well somewhat. The whole process of building, maintenance and recycling a hybrid and its battery packs uses more energy than what it saves during its life cycle. It's all the "green" thinking that people are made to believe that blinds them.

exactly! Hybrids are a joke; well somewhat. The whole process of building, maintenance and recycling a hybrid and its battery packs uses more energy than what it saves during its life cycle. It's all the "green" thinking that people are made to believe that blinds them.

true...and with all those idiotic celebrities jumping on the green bandwagon for publicity didn't help either,i bet they've been paid handsomely by toyota and honda to run around in their prius's and insights...

very true.

the mining and extraction process of the metals used in these battery packs consume a lot of energy and leaves behind irrepairable damage on the mine sites. These hybrids are probably no greener than regular fuel cars and more expensive to the end user in terms of initial purchase price + maintenance

BTW, what's the take on Bio Diesel?

I thought I saw a headline recently that Bio Diesel is not so green as well

yup you are correct. it attract a whole new level of complications. google the phrase 'silent tsunami' if you are interested in knowing more.

the whole go green thing has turned into a bit of a PR stunt these days in my view. and people come up with contradictory conclusions.

latest studies shows that the livestock industry contribute very handsomely in produce greenhouse gases.

yup you are correct. it attract a whole new level of complications. google the phrase 'silent tsunami' if you are interested in knowing more.

the whole go green thing has turned into a bit of a PR stunt these days in my view. and people come up with contradictory conclusions.

latest studies shows that the livestock industry contribute very handsomely in produce greenhouse gases.

if your intention is to go green and save environment, use the most efficient vehicle in the world, which has the highest load : curb weight ratio. that is non other than Bicycle.. However motive behind using some of alternative fuel, esp bio diesel is to save some bucks on gas. In US there are Peugeot 504 diesels runs on used cooking oil.

http://roundriverdesign.com/biofuels_gallery.html

Yep, apparently the entire transport sector contributes only 13% of total greenhouse emmisions whereas livestock farming creates bit over 18%. Its one of the main arguments a vegetarian-club i'm in (though i'm not a vegetarian) puts forward to reduce eating meat. Aparently them cows fart a LOT! :blink:

In US there are Peugeot 504 diesels runs on used cooking oil.

http://roundriverdesign.com/biofuels_gallery.html

I saw an interesting docu on Discivery Science recently obout a bloke in US who runs a Datsun 240Z on bio diesel he makes at home using throw away cooking oil from his local fried chicken outlet

I'm gonna strike a deal with my neighbouhood thosai kade mudalali next time I'm in SL :D

Yep, apparently the entire transport sector contributes only 13% of total greenhouse emmisions whereas livestock farming creates bit over 18%. Its one of the main arguments a vegetarian-club i'm in (though i'm not a vegetarian) puts forward to reduce eating meat. Aparently them cows fart a LOT! :blink:

true true.

that 13% the transport sector is INCLUDING all the planes and jets would you believe?!!!

them cows fart and burp a lot as well it seems

there is one Professor in UK who has found that kangaroos do not produce much GH gasses so he is now trying to change the bacteria composition inside cows' guts to that of kangaroos. Don't be surprised to see hopping cows in near future :lol:

I'm gonna strike a deal with my neighbouhood thosai kade mudalali next time I'm in SL :D

well, exactly how I thought when I came across the 504 owners who run on bio diesel (used vegi oil). What they do is, keep on collecting used oil and use 'em in the summer for picnic run. When I thought to give it a try with my diesel 504, my best friend discouraged me saying, "in US they may throw away oil after couple of deep fries but in SL, those hotel fellows use the oil till it turn out black, therefore my friend there can't be much left for your car to burn". Hope I made my point clear :).

well, exactly how I thought when I came across the 504 owners who run on bio diesel (used vegi oil). What they do is, keep on collecting used oil and use 'em in the summer for picnic run. When I thought to give it a try with my diesel 504, my best friend discouraged me saying, "in US they may throw away oil after couple of deep fries but in SL, those hotel fellows use the oil till it turn out black, therefore my friend there can't be much left for your car to burn". Hope I made my point clear :).

darn! must encourage wife to do more deep frying at home so I can get quality used oil

save a few pennies in fuel and get a huge hospital bill for a heart transplant eh :action-smiley-060:

Edited by HardHat

Save the Planet! Eat more cows! :lol:

Save the Planet! Eat more cows! :lol:

Personally i really dont beleive in the fact that livestock poluting the environment.. But going vegetarian to prevent an animal dying I agree with... Having said that it aint no easy thing to stay off the chicken :D:rolleyes:

Personally i really dont beleive in the fact that livestock poluting the environment.. But going vegetarian to prevent an animal dying I agree with... Having said that it aint no easy thing to stay off the chicken :D:rolleyes:

I remember Jeremy Clarkson once saying that a cow emits more greenhouse gases in a year than a Range Rover. :) Then he said he loves his steak too much to get rid of the cattle so they should get rid of range rovers and ride cattle to work. And when the others protested saying they would be out of a job, he said they could change the name of the show to "Top Steer" and all sorts of rubbish :lol: