• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Local Drag Races

da coolest

Subaru Legacy = Drag Racers' default choice.

i cant belive u are stil on this... after all that.. quite the persistant fellow arent u... this is sri lanka mate.. if u have the dough u should follow ur dreams.. and by that i dont mean getting a maruti and trying to drag with it...

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was talking to some pals and some Club mates about trying to have a " Proper" meet.

Organised, and with some safety parameters and making it a regular event , and maybe even a champoinship with points etc / working with the guys who are doing the org now of course.

Location was the biggest issue ( 400 mts + stopping distance)

If this can be sorted I think the Drag scene which is full of super guys and cars will really take off in SL.

Any ideas? / Comments / brickbats ?

the drag scene would deifnitley pick up if there was a safe place to do the runs.

safest is katu but getting perm is a nightmare from what i hear plus many people don't want to do the drive out there...

the place ideally would have ot be close to colombo

the drag scene would deifnitley pick up if there was a safe place to do the runs.

safest is katu but getting perm is a nightmare from what i hear plus many people don't want to do the drive out there...

Yes.. driving 40k+ just to get to the location is not that tempting.. Has anyone thought of the Kotahena main street.. (between Kotahena junc and Hettiyawaththa)..? Too close to the harbor I guess and also the stretch may not be long enough.. Anyway better stay off the major roads due to cop trouble. :action-smiley-060:

but fuzzo for past few weeks no big cop issues ryte ? also last saturday night someone gave fals info abt cops and after all went we came back to GP and so no cops, but the bikers are bladdy hedache, doing runs on wrong sides, riding fast without helmats and jackets, <_<

I was talking to some pals and some Club mates about trying to have a " Proper" meet.

Organised, and with some safety parameters and making it a regular event , and maybe even a champoinship with points etc / working with the guys who are doing the org now of course.

Location was the biggest issue ( 400 mts + stopping distance)

If this can be sorted I think the Drag scene which is full of super guys and cars will really take off in SL.

Any ideas? / Comments / brickbats ?

Location Location Location...

Love the idea mate. We were planing to do dis as our 3rd event. Now where can we find 400+m stretch? Any abandond air-strips? :unsure:

Location Location Location...

Love the idea mate. We were planing to do dis as our 3rd event. Now where can we find 400+m stretch? Any abandond air-strips? :unsure:

I think there are plenty of abandoned air-strips used by ex-LTTE if we headed north-east...haha j/k :violent-smiley-030:

So may I ask what kind of modifications you planning?

The car is fast enough with 265 bhp, also got a tight budget on vehicle expenses so I am looking at simple mods:

K&N Air filter,

Irradium plugs,

Possibly a Exhaust change

If I have any money left will also go for upgrading the breaks, but my guess is Brembos will cost a fortune so its the last item on the list. Also had a BOV on the list but it was dropped as per expert advise on the fourum.. :)

The car is fast enough with 265 bhp, also got a tight budget on vehicle expenses so I am looking at simple mods:

K&N Air filter,

Irradium plugs,

Possibly a Exhaust change

If I have any money left will also go for upgrading the breaks, but my guess is Brembos will cost a fortune so its the last item on the list. Also had a BOV on the list but it was dropped as per expert advise on the fourum.. :)

dnt event think putting Iridium plugs, talk with the agents and theyll tell u the reason, also keep the stock box and replace the filer with a K&N box type, then do a new decat downpipe, if theres a cat in the uppipe remove it, also legacy stock internals are very week and dnt try to up boost with stock internals, u dnt want melt pistons aint u lol

but fuzzo for past few weeks no big cop issues ryte ? also last saturday night someone gave fals info abt cops and after all went we came back to GP and so no cops, but the bikers are bladdy hedache, doing runs on wrong sides, riding fast without helmats and jackets, <_<

The false alarm was thanks to the big Chip him self :angry-smiley-048:

dnt event think putting Iridium plugs, talk with the agents and theyll tell u the reason, also keep the stock box and replace the filer with a K&N box type, then do a new decat downpipe, if theres a cat in the uppipe remove it, also legacy stock internals are very week and dnt try to up boost with stock internals, u dnt want melt pistons aint u lol

Thanks,

Bought a Box type filter to fit in to the Std Box. Havent fixed it yet, but as per the agents the high flow filter will have issue with the Mass Air Flow Sensor, but will fix it anyway.

Thanks for the advise on the Plugs, will have a chat with Jehan on it, ( Car is maintained at SENOK)

Let me get this straight, I have 2 uppies and 2 downpies , Right ? so will changing all these be a complex task with all the sensors etc, Also dont want the car to be too noisy. But sounds interesting any good place to get a estimate done and what ind of performance gain should I expect ?

Thanks...

ekala is still the best as chang n fuzzo said but aft few incidents.. its a prob to drag or evn to test a car @ nite..but working on with sm provincial council mps to get a day with police free zone..it may tk 2-3 weeks mates..if the green is on ...it'd be 12-5am burn up..

Thanks,

Bought a Box type filter to fit in to the Std Box. Havent fixed it yet, but as per the agents the high flow filter will have issue with the Mass Air Flow Sensor, but will fix it anyway.

Thanks for the advise on the Plugs, will have a chat with Jehan on it, ( Car is maintained at SENOK)

Let me get this straight, I have 2 uppies and 2 downpies , Right ? so will changing all these be a complex task with all the sensors etc, Also dont want the car to be too noisy. But sounds interesting any good place to get a estimate done and what ind of performance gain should I expect ?

Thanks...

jehan will never advice u to go for iri plugs, u have one up pipe and one down pipe, u dnt need to change the upipe if it dosent have a cat, also stock downpipe has so many issues, it has a plate of blocking the wastegate and the cat will ristric the airflow

check this pic for stock downpipe and modified one

2611188_50_full.jpg

this pic shows the modified downpipe after the wastegate blocking plate removed

InvidiaDownpipeBMWRX-1.jpg

Edited by GihanFX

Get the OEM replacement K&N high-flow filter for the B4. That's the same thing I'm running on and get Jehan to do the resonator box removal that we did on mine. You will have the best of both worlds then.

Regarding the plugs mate, follow Jehan's advice on it. DO NOT go for the Iridiums as B4s have been known to have severe issues with those. You will just end up with a lot of burnt green monaras that served no purpose.

Treat her right and she will not cease to amaze you........... ain't that right Jaffs?! :rolleyes:

Suranga.

Get the OEM replacement K&N high-flow filter for the B4. That's the same thing I'm running on and get Jehan to do the resonator box removal that we did on mine. You will have the best of both worlds then.

Regarding the plugs mate, follow Jehan's advice on it. DO NOT go for the Iridiums as B4s have been known to have severe issues with those. You will just end up with a lot of burnt green monaras that served no purpose.

Treat her right and she will not cease to amaze you........... ain't that right Jaffs?! :rolleyes:

Suranga.

I think what I have got from Motocade is the OEM one as they confirm its for the B4. Getting a service done tomorrow will try to fix it then.

By the way was ur car previously owned by Ramzi ? The single turbo convert.