• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Local Drag Races

da coolest

Interesting..

In your experience (and considering local conditions) which would be the better option overall, 5w40 or 10w60?

machan for past two years i ran 5W 40 but next week im gna use Shell Helix Ultra Racing 10W – 60 (Shell Helix Ultra Racing has been formulated with a higher viscosity to provide better bearing protection under extreme performance and racing conditions)

i can sompare thow two cus never used 10W 60 before

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

machan for past two years i ran 5W 40 but next week im gna use Shell Helix Ultra Racing 10W – 60 (Shell Helix Ultra Racing has been formulated with a higher viscosity to provide better bearing protection under extreme performance and racing conditions)

i can sompare thow two cus never used 10W 60 before

5w to 10w eh? you might lose a few horses there buddy

not only with legacy, that issue is there with most of subarus, thats what i heard from the agents, we also experieance the same, let say after 4 months the oil level go down little bit but with the shell level stays the same

Machan,

Something wrong here, if this is so bad for subarus how come agents have only that oil ? Also heard that all Subarus comming out of factory comes with this oil and its used on the WRC cars as well.

There is such a thing as a 'normal amount of oil consumption' is got less to do with brand names..

Shell's ultimate active cleansing technology - Provides the best engine protection by continuously removing deposits from dirty engines

Long-term oxidation stability - Up to 37% more protection than other fully synthetic leading brands tested

Low viscosity, rapid oil flow and low friction - Greater fuel efficiency and easier cold starting

High shear stability - To maintain viscosity and stay in grade throughout the oil drain period

Specially selected synthetic base oils - Reduces oil volatility and therefore oil consumption. The need for oil top-up is therefore reduced

Minimises vibration and engine noise - Smoother, quieter drive

Shell's ultimate active cleansing technology - Provides the best engine protection by continuously removing deposits from dirty engines

Long-term oxidation stability - Up to 37% more protection than other fully synthetic leading brands tested

Low viscosity, rapid oil flow and low friction - Greater fuel efficiency and easier cold starting

High shear stability - To maintain viscosity and stay in grade throughout the oil drain period

Specially selected synthetic base oils - Reduces oil volatility and therefore oil consumption. The need for oil top-up is therefore reduced

That statement does not deny the fact that oil top-up is indeed needed. What it says is that oil consumption is reduced NOT eliminated. This is not some theory.. its a fact.

if you are going to cut and paste a statement(or a marketing essey) from another website,please be kind enough to post a link leading to the source site as well...so the other members also can verify the authenticity and the context of the said excerpt.

http://www.shell.com/home/Framework?siteId...ra_ga_0707.html

Edited by MasterDon

That statement does not deny the fact that oil top-up is indeed needed. What it says is that oil consumption is reduced NOT eliminated. This is not some theory.. its a fact.

True, but we had to top up more than 500ml of motul for the legacy for short period but still no such issues with the shell, anyway didnt notce any performance difference between both oils

True, but we had to top up more than 500ml of motul for the legacy for short period but still no such issues with the shell, anyway didnt notce any performance difference between both oils

Needing to top up over short period- say less than one month, indicates an issue. Over 4 months is normal.. either way you should be looking at changing oil around the 4 month mark

This is going OT.. but the synth oil tends to start breaking down after 4 months- even if the miles are low. (does not tend to make a difference if its reasonably high)This is from personal experience. IMO keeping it beyond that is risking sludge..

This is going OT.. but the synth oil tends to start breaking down after 4 months- even if the miles are low. (does not tend to make a difference if its reasonably high)This is from personal experience. IMO keeping it beyond that is risking sludge..

Thanks for the valuable info and adivce, i used to change oil in every 6 months period

Thanks for the valuable info and adivce, i used to change oil in every 6 months period

Thanks Gihan,

There was a lot of useful information on this so my thank you to everyone. By the way getting back to the topic keep me posted on any future Drag meet ups..

TC

hey heard there was a major scene last sat at the drags

Is it true ?

Ya some biker dude went in to a transformer. We should get rid of the biker boys. Due to these guys we are having enough and more probs. These guys race without even a helmet on. Who do they think they are !!!! Even the best in the world race with proper equipment. I think it's just that they are not mature enough to realize the fact that they could freaking DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They don't know how to behave they just rav their bikes and create noise and we dont get to enjoy since we on the alert for u know who :car-smiley-011:

Anyway hope the guy is recovering and will learn a valuable lesson. :mellow:

Ya some biker dude went in to a transformer. We should get rid of the biker boys. Due to these guys we are having enough and more probs. These guys race without even a helmet on. Who do they think they are !!!! Even the best in the world race with proper equipment. I think it's just that they are not mature enough to realize the fact that they could freaking DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They don't know how to behave they just rav their bikes and create noise and we dont get to enjoy since we on the alert for u know who :car-smiley-011:

Anyway hope the guy is recovering and will learn a valuable lesson. :mellow:

well said machan but he didnt had time to recover :(