• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Satellite Navigation

HardHat

Did you leave your laptop in the car when parked. (Concerned about the heat if car is parked in the sun with shutters up)?

lol, bro in that case you might have to track the laptop also with GPS in case it goes missing :D

Hee hee, yes :D

Of course leaving a laptop or gps, visible in the car is definitely not a good idea. saw http://gpsmagazine.com/2007/09/gps_thefts_rise.php

Using a mob phone with GPS or a GPS rcvr does have the advantage that u can pocket it when u leave the car.

Saw that some Laptops have a max storage temp of abt 55 deg C

Any ideas what kind of high temperatures would be in a closed car (with/without special tinting, sun shade etc) parked in the hot sun here ?

mmmm must check it out. If anyone has done any experiments already with a thermometer or cabin temp gauge or have any info on this, pls let me know.

I guess all electronic stuff that is designed to be installed in a car should be able to withstand high temperatures.

But stuff that is not expected to be left in a car...

Once I forgot and left my mobile phone in the gearbox tray while car was parked in the sun, and that was the end of the mobile phone. Dont want to go the same way with a laptop. :wacko:

Since this convo has gone towards phones... Anyone used a phone with the Android OS? I'm sorta thinking of getting one.

wondering the same, Android G1 looks promising ;)

Edited by shanX

Yes you can but you need to couple your phone with External GPS receiver (earlier mentioned by Crazylife, example LD-4W).

Hey Ruslan,the software works super well.sometimes it does act weird in by road,but around colombo it works like a charm,will use it for few more days and tell u more about the usage