• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Petrol Prices Up From Tonight

needforspeed

I can't help but think that I too have become a victim since I've only got a 1/4 tank left too. The shed at Pelawatta junc was closed and lights out as I turned into it with hopes quenching my baby's thirst :(

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't help but think that I too have become a victim since I've only got a 1/4 tank left too. The shed at Pelawatta junc was closed and lights out as I turned into it with hopes quenching my baby's thirst :(

went to koswatta laughs yesterday eve and it was closed, went to ambagas junction with the low fuel light on and joined the queue. Long but slow moving queue with no issues until a primera p12 tried to jump the queue and eventually i had to object coz i don't know they were pumping out the last bits. Then a dumbass tried to help him out to bypass the queue and i blocked it out. Then the owner came in saying he's the owner and man in the p12 is one of good clients. I had to remind him the rules he abide as a distributor and further reminded he's not selling bloody sugar off from his own retail shop but distributing.

went to koswatta laughs yesterday eve and it was closed, went to ambagas junction with the low fuel light on and joined the queue. Long but slow moving queue with no issues until a primera p12 tried to jump the queue and eventually i had to object coz i don't know they were pumping out the last bits. Then a dumbass tried to help him out to bypass the queue and i blocked it out. Then the owner came in saying he's the owner and man in the p12 is one of good clients. I had to remind him the rules he abide as a distributor and further reminded he's not selling bloody sugar off from his own retail shop but distributing.

a similar incident happened yesterday when me and my neighbour went to pump fuel.A dumbass in a Black sonata with the Government sticker tried to Jump the queue.But my neighbour didnt allow him to to do so.First he wanted to pump first by showing his Gov. sticker but they did not allow so he tried to jump the queue.But the guy behind us help him bypass the queue.

yikes this is not good! Guys please post up the places in your areas which have fuel and how the lines are please. Also what about the 24 hour sheds? like horton place? will they have at about 2 am?

The Ceypetco one near Thunmulla was operational and there was cue all the way from it to Police park this afternoon! :o

The Ceypetco shed on Galle Rd in Wellawatte was closed when i drove past it a short while ago

This afternoon Laughs in Kohuwala was supposed to have fuel or so i was told by the bloke at the Laughs on Havelock Rd around noon today

The Ceypetco one near Thunmulla was operational and there was cue all the way from it to Police park this afternoon! :o

The Ceypetco shed on Galle Rd in Wellawatte was closed when i drove past it a short while ago

This afternoon Laughs in Kohuwala was supposed to have fuel or so i was told by the bloke at the Laughs on Havelock Rd around noon today

okay this is badd.. fuel is down to 2 bars on the gauge... and I read in the papers that talks will be held on monday only or something... :unsure: Damn these ars*h*les!!

GO GREEN this weekend (atleast) :D

Lol mate driving is torture these days. NO overtaking, and shifting at something like 1700 RPM's lol and my dad and I are throttling max about 30% :lol:

Guys, the fuel shortage is in Colombo.. I got two cans full from Pannala, on the way back from Kurunegala (went to see the worst drag ever..)

Need to get the heck outta colombo then. :unsure: yeah heard bout the drags...

My uncle had pumped from Koswatta, I think this morning. 1.5 hour wait and they're rationing the supplies, he was only able to pump rs2000 worth of petrol. I half feel like going around to Nugegoda and scoping the sheds on the Highlevel, since I do have a 1/4-1/5 tank left.

Checked in at Laughs on Havelock a little while ago and they're still out - was told it's the same at their other two sheds (Kohuwela/Maharagama?). They expect to be re-stocked by tomorrow afternoon/evening, wouldn't bank on it though <_<

That's the consensus on Sirasa too. They mentioned people will be returning back to work on Monday, dunno if operations will resume though. It's interesting how the situation is being kept low key by the media. My uncle in the city of gems wasn't even aware of such a thing till he was about to fill up for the trip back.