• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Help Me To Select My Daily Runner

madjay

Hi guys,

after some effort I sold my Toyota Cynos and now looking forward to buy a car for my day to day run. I’m kinda thinking about following cars and I have listed those according to my preference.

1. Honda civic ek3, v-tech 1998-2000 YOM (prefer VIRS but seems its lil bit over for my budget :( )

2. Primera HP11, CVT, 2000 YOM (I like this because this is a very good car can buy for lesser amt of money :alc: )

3. Mitsubishi Lancer or Cedia 2000 or above YOM (Like the look and don't know much abt the car :rolleyes: )

The car should have English plates as it’s a turning point when it comes to reselling. My budget is 1.6 mil. (can be adjusted slightly) Reliability and performance are other factors.

Please shed your expert ideas here which will help me to select a good car for me.

Thanks in advance guys. :jumping-smiley-013:

Edited by madjay

Honda Civic EK3

Thanks Gihan. Yep that’s my favorite as well. But can’t resist the temptation for the Primera HP11. Is it a reliable car? Have heard CVT gear box is problematic if not properly maintained. Other thing is petrol consumption. One of my colleagues has one and he told his one is doing 6-7 in city limit (he has no idea abt outstations).

He maintains his car very well and only pump 95 oct. I don’t travel much daily so 6-7 is ok for the city but wonder how it will does in outstations.

Thanks Gihan. Yep that’s my favorite as well. But can’t resist the temptation for the Primera HP11. Is it a reliable car? Have heard CVT gear box is problematic if not properly maintained. Other thing is petrol consumption. One of my colleagues has one and he told his one is doing 6-7 in city limit (he has no idea abt outstations).

He maintains his car very well and only pump 95 oct. I don’t travel much daily so 6-7 is ok for the city but wonder how it will does in outstations.

seriously i dnt have any experieance with P11 and i cant compare it with the EK3, there are few AL members know lot abt P11

seriously i dnt have any experieance with P11 and i cant compare it with the EK3, there are few AL members know lot abt P11

thx Gihan. hmm will see... they might sleeping tight in this time. :)

the head says the civic...but the heart yearns for the primera

thx dude. here the head says Primera.. but the heart yearns civic. :)

btw I have dropped the cedia/ lancer, seems its not good as it looks.

Primera, Primera and indeed, primera!!

its in a completely different league to an EK3 civic, far quicker, much better handling AND more comfortable as well....

CVT box has certain issues if not looked after properly, we have a couple of P11 owners and ex owners on here, they'll update you on the do's and donts of that.

Primera, Primera and indeed, primera!!

its in a completely different league to an EK3 civic, far quicker, much better handling AND more comfortable as well....

CVT box has certain issues if not looked after properly, we have a couple of P11 owners and ex owners on here, they'll update you on the do's and donts of that.

Well.. can't agree more since I have driven both fairly extensively.. The EK3 does not give that certain "oomph" when driving in comparison to a P11. My 1.8L manual does 8.5-9kmpl in Colombo and I measured a whooping 11.5kmpl on a trip to Peradeniya and back. Mind you the weather was extremely rainy and there were 5 people in the car..

thx dude. here the head says Primera.. but the heart yearns civic. :)

in that case your way ahead is clear...unless someone comes up with a major fault with the ek3.go for it...afterall it is our choices that make us who we are...good luck!

Thank you so much for your feedback guys. :angry-smiley-048:

@Gummybr> well thing is like this machan. I also care for fuel economy. But since I can buy a Primera for lesser amt (comparing other cars in that class) I’m ok with couple of kms im losing per liter. I’m not a big fan of spending couple of hundred thousand money just because of couple of km’s we gain per liter. That may be because I’m not travelling long distances daily.

:jumping-smiley-013:

@Supra_Natural> Yes… will wait for Primera owners too machan. :angry-smiley-024:

@Fuzzo> Thx machan. Will see. I’m not that hurry. Even though I have sold my car I have my brother’s car to drive.

@Jayathu> Mate that figures are not that bad actually. But it seems bit hard to find 1.8L Primera right?

@MasterDon, @EK3> Yep EK3 is one of my favorite practical daily runners and I haven’t forgotten the VIRS. B)

I think the Prim owners are Jayathu, Ash (former P11 M6 owner, now P12), Pila (P12), and Milindu had a 2.0l P11 Camino.

IMO, the Prim is a car in a higher class bracket than the Civic. So yeah, I'd pick the Prim too. But then I'm biased.

I think the Prim owners are Jayathu, Ash (former P11 M6 owner, now P12), Pila (P12), and Milindu had a 2.0l P11 Camino.

IMO, the Prim is a car in a higher class bracket than the Civic. So yeah, I'd pick the Prim too. But then I'm biased.

VVTi also has a P11 if im not mistaken... if some body can modify the topic to include the two cars, primera owners will notice it and head over to comment..

coool... someone has done that.

go for a EK 3 vi 99 or 2000 with english plates. i bought this recently and does well on fuel up to 14 long ditsnce and 11 in city limits. superb pick up too coupled with CVT and vtec. only thing just check the CVT box before you buy. an awesome car to have.

An interesting trend to note here, Much like the general public believes that a toyota corolla is the best buy of em all, there seems to be an overriding impression among people who dont want a corolla and are perhaps mildly interested in cars, that the Honda Civic is the best car to buy....

Now this isnt me "hating on" civics, as i've said before my family has used several over the years and have an ES1 even now, they are generally decent cars.. all im saying is for the kind of money any civic is going for these days, the discerning motorist can find so much more entertainment elsewhere. In this particular price bracket, the Primera P11 is the stand out star.

P.S. at the current state of the market, the Peugeot 406 is also now available at Ek3 money... for people who dont mind being a tad brave, that car is in a completely different league to even the Primera!

go for a EK 3 vi 99 or 2000 with english plates. i bought this recently and does well on fuel up to 14 long ditsnce and 11 in city limits. superb pick up too coupled with CVT and vtec. only thing just check the CVT box before you buy. an awesome car to have.

hmmm not bad. How much ur car cost machan? And its not brand new imported one right? What is the best way to chk the cvt box? Agents or third party? If its agents how much it will cost? :) Forgive me if there too much of questions.

Edited by madjay