• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mazda 323

Upesh

Can't agree.. and my friend still trying to sell his Mazada familia 17-XXXX for good price. But unable to do so. It's in Nawala. Still Honda's have higher resell value compare to Mazda, Nissan and Toyotas.

Talking about Boy racers.. At some point we all have desire to ba a racer (what ever machie we drive, drag, off road, what ever u call it). But with our age and priority of needs we tend to ingore the racer boy inside us. :angry-smiley-048:

Dude, you can't judge a car by it's resale value..!! take European cars for an example... (VW, BMW, Audi etc..) they have lesser resale value compared to Japanese, does that mean they are not good..?? Think again..!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, have you actually sat or driven in a Familia..??? also, do you consider leather as a better option to Air bags...? (which the 323 doesn't have)

Familia does have the RPM meter... (check the AL classifieds)

What is the extra ground clearance that 323 has over the Familia...? both have the same suspension.. is it not?

Maintenance is no different from each other.... unless your 323 came from Australia, which is the 323f

Driven both 323 and a Familia. 323 is bit higher. bit stiffer suspension than Familia. it's the same with other brands as well. Brand new Corollas and Singapore market ones got bit higher ground clearance than Japanese Domestic models. part numbers different as well.

well... resale value huh... i bought my astina for a very humble 3.75.... people are now asking for it for 8.50...... hmmmm.. but not selling...

Hay, dont sell it man. Its a very stylish car comparing YOM. :)

Edited by Prami

Hay, dont sell it man. Its a very stylish car comparing YOM. :)

no not selling have somethings planned also.. i was just making a point on the resale value... my theroy is if u are one of those people who wants to change cars and try differnt things.. then in this country at least it has to be toyota or nissan.. if u really wanna be one with ur car and is a true enthusisiast then u should go for other brands... not saying there are certain models in toyota and nissan i woudnt mind doing up.. but the major commerical models are just that... they are just commercia models..... not really fun...... :rolleyes:

what i'm having is

FAMILIA 2001 -1.5 BJ5P

4WD (full time)

AUTO

Dual Air Bag RPM model Teak interior

(i have all the options which Mazda offers other than sunroof)

does 8-9 in Colombo

10-12 outstation

this must be the worst one as per Srilankan Market. (4WD ...AUTO )

still i'm comfortable in fuel consumption... fun to drive....

i've driven 323 and Honda also..frankly telling you all that, sprint power is less and ground clearance is less on my one comparitively.

but you can experience super riding conditions on FAMILIA . cool breeze AC is good (better than a Mitsubishi). superior shockabsorbtions / suspension.ABS is very good. even at a speed over 110kmph can control the car comfotabaly...... loves......

during last weekend i had a visit to Deniyaya Ratnapura area. muddy and slippery roads with bad tyres. (really no sooner I have to change those)

a 121, a yaris and also a city joined with us. no body was able to reach some places ...HA HA HA... but me ..... yes i have done.

others were wondering about Mazda.... but no body knows that ... my car is a 4WD one. hey do not tell anybody pls.... i have to have few more compititions ......

Dude, you can't judge a car by it's resale value..!! take European cars for an example... (VW, BMW, Audi etc..) they have lesser resale value compared to Japanese, does that mean they are not good..?? Think again..!

sorry for going OT again

Dude, did I ever say Mazda's are bad compare to the cars that have higher resell value in Sri lanka?? No.. I never say that and I accept that Mazda's are good solid cars.

I just replied to the comparison previous guy did Honda against Mazda.

Honda has it's own culture and image that Mazda doesn't have. It's spread out around the world we have to accept it. And accepting it doens't mean Hondas are better than Mazdas or other way around..

When you have time to go to utube just Type VTEC song or It's my honda Song you can get what i say.

sorry for going OT again

Dude, did I ever say Mazda's are bad compare to the cars that have higher resell value in Sri lanka?? No.. I never say that and I accept that Mazda's are good solid cars.

Honda has it's own culture and image that Mazda doesn't have. It's spread out around the world we have to accept it. And accepting it doens't mean Hondas are better than Mazdas or other way around..

When you have time to go to utube just Type VTEC song or It's my honda Song you can get what i say.

Yup have seen that video... Also, the Honda gained more fame after the movie "Fast and Furious" and the name "The Racers Edge" I had first seen, in the movie :rolleyes:

Anyways, most of us are usually loyal to the brand we drive, some of us even defend it like it was their own life... :lol: having said that... true I drive a Mazda, but gotta admit there are other better brands out there..

what i'm having is

FAMILIA 2001 -1.5 BJ5P

4WD (full time)

AUTO

Dual Air Bag RPM model Teak interior

(i have all the options which Mazda offers other than sunroof)

does 8-9 in Colombo

10-12 outstation

this must be the worst one as per Srilankan Market. (4WD ...AUTO )

still i'm comfortable in fuel consumption... fun to drive....

i've driven 323 and Honda also..frankly telling you all that, sprint power is less and ground clearance is less on my one comparitively.

but you can experience super riding conditions on FAMILIA . cool breeze AC is good (better than a Mitsubishi). superior shockabsorbtions / suspension.ABS is very good. even at a speed over 110kmph can control the car comfotabaly...... loves......

during last weekend i had a visit to Deniyaya Ratnapura area. muddy and slippery roads with bad tyres. (really no sooner I have to change those)

a 121, a yaris and also a city joined with us. no body was able to reach some places ...HA HA HA... but me ..... yes i have done.

others were wondering about Mazda.... but no body knows that ... my car is a 4WD one. hey do not tell anybody pls.... i have to have few more compititions ......

Yup, the 4WD is fun to drive on winding roads... I've got the BJ5W.. not so fast on the straight, but awesome traction.

Edited by Bugatti

Yup have seen that video... Also, the Honda gained more fame after the movie "Fast and Furious" and the name "The Racers Edge" I had first seen, in the movie :rolleyes:

Anyways, most of us are usually loyal to the brand we drive, some of us even defend it like it was their own life... :lol: having said that... true I drive a Mazda, but gotta admit there are other better brands out there..

yep.. that damn eg8 got popular because of the first installment of the movie... u know it would have been much diferent if they used two 323's in that scene insted of the eg8's.. we would have had riced up 323's all over the place.. man....

you are quite true...most people become die hard fans of the brand they drive. but even past experince is something we can never forget. i used to drive a corolla ae 100and now a civic vi. on ceratin aspects i stil give my vote to corolla.

sorry for going OT again

You imagined wrong –

True Mazda does not have a HUGE culture as opposed to Honda – The Zoom Zoom culture is not a fad here in SL but check out US, Aus etc …..

As you said Google it with the following – MazdaSpeed, MPS and you’ll see what I mean – NO disrespect for Honda’s it’s a bloody good car (Maybe not the City)

I do admit I defend the brand as it was my own – My post was to your comment that your FRIEND can not sell his Mazda & that a Honda would sell faster which is not the case 100% all the time there are exceptions

yep.. that damn eg8 got popular because of the first installment of the movie... u know it would have been much diferent if they used two 323's in that scene insted of the eg8's.. we would have had riced up 323's all over the place.. man....

Thank god they used the Hondas.... also, they are not the average EG8 we have here.. I've seen those monsters up close..

Can't agree.. and my friend still trying to sell his Mazada familia 17-XXXX for good price. But unable to do so. It's in Nawala. Still Honda's have higher resell value compare to Mazda, Nissan and Toyotas.

Talking about Boy racers.. At some point we all have desire to ba a racer (what ever machie we drive, drag, off road, what ever u call it). But with our age and priority of needs we tend to ingore the racer boy inside us. :angry-smiley-048:

How much is your friend asking? Is your comparison - How much for a 17- Honda ? How long has he had the Mazda? is he happy with the car? Any big issues ?

Sorry cannot agree on the boy racer bit either .

Some of us will NEVER ignore the boy racer in all of us. just ask our wives.....or the Mini Club, beetle club, ICE , MFOC, Honda club etc etc

Most of us , try to balance the family with the boy racer needs....hence the GTI, RS, STI, Evo,mps, etc etc ......drive it everyday but when the hooligan wants to come out ...we can still play like the kids we actually are.

The trick is to keep it humble, have fun and enjoy your ride.

Bugger what people say about re sale and fuel consumption. (My opinion only)

If you only live once, should you not have fun? The kids will grow up soon and spend all your money anyway lol, so might as well emjoy it before it all goes ...ha ha

Did you guys see that nice Fuego on the Al classifieds? .......hmmmmmmmmmmmm nice looking ride.....Dont know how it drives though ...

Why is it that we cant all just get along ? ha ha ha ?

Guys,

How I can identify 4WD one from 2WD one by looking at it?

Cheers!

Upesh D.

You can..

1. There is a sticker on the back of the car (Mazda)

2. Look under the car..! you will see the two drive shafts :lol:

Edited by Bugatti