• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Shock Absorber

Hungry_Minder

Question

16 answers to this question

Hi,

I have a Lancer GLX CB2A one.I wanted to replace a shock absorber.Front one.

Where can I find a one for cheap price or is there any used shock absorbers to buy?

Dear Bro ,Don't go for used shock absorbers. You will have to change it soon and spend twice. KYB japaneese one is better than used ones.

If you could go for the original, That will be the best . I had some bad experience with KYB at my Ek3 some time back and I had to replace with originals in a short period. :)

Hi Thx jaga

Could you give me a rough idea about the price for orginal one

someone told me that front one and rear one has a big price difference <_<

In some model rear and front prices are different. You may ask ######## since they are the agent for Mitsubishi please.

Rgds,

Could you give me a rough idea about the price for orginal one

someone told me that front one and rear one has a big price difference <_<

yeah there is a big price diff, for the Vios, the front KYB shocks are 8500 or thereabouts (each) and the rears are sbout 5500 (each).. (from g s a**o in rajagiriya) I'm guessing the lancer should have around the same price range. And for sure it will be much more expensive at united m****s. I don't even want to find out the prices from Toyota for their shocks <_< since you need to (usually) have won a lottery ticket to pay for their prices.. <_<<_<

Again I am telling you that genuine is reliable and long last.

Though KYB is japaneese it is not that good. I had that experience and had to change for originals and cost was double :)

Hmm .. I more or less agree as i refitted all 4 shocks in my EK3 with KYB but still the ride seems stiff. Maybe next time I'll save up and go with the agents for originals.

Again I am telling you that genuine is reliable and long last.

Though KYB is japaneese it is not that good. I had that experience and had to change for originals and cost was double :)

So, what is the good brand? Is KYB not good ?

I am also using KYB.

OEM shocks are bit softer than aftermarket KYBs. I replaced rear shocks for my 121 recently with OEMs. And it feels different when i compared with one of my friends car (same model) fitted with KYBs. Unfortunately OEM cost a fortune at dealers.. :(

And Jaga, can you explain the experience which you had?

OEM shocks are bit softer than aftermarket KYBs. I replaced rear shocks for my 121 recently with OEMs. And it feels different when i compared with one of my friends car (same model) fitted with KYBs. Unfortunately OEM cost a fortune at dealers.. :(

Well, I would like to make a point here. Some mechanics don't pressurize shocks well before its being fixed. I know even very famous places where they just fix it without pressurising. I guess that can be the issue with most of the cases why KYB doesn't feel that good COS as per my knowledge KYB manufactures 70% of shocks for Jap brand new vehicles.

Pls correct me guys if i am wrong. ;-)

Acutually it was a ek3 and intially it was too stiffy. After couple of months one side was failed and gave some noises. Had to replace both sides. Originals were not KYB . It was some thing sound TOKOKO but i can't remember the brand exactly since this has happened about 06 years a go.

Acutually it was a ek3 and intially it was too stiffy. After couple of months one side was failed and gave some noises. Had to replace both sides. Originals were not KYB . It was some thing sound TOKOKO but i can't remember the brand exactly since this has happened about 06 years a go.

Tockico ;)

I replaced rears with KYB, didn't notice much difference.

Hmm .. I more or less agree as i refitted all 4 shocks in my EK3 with KYB but still the ride seems stiff. Maybe next time I'll save up and go with the agents for originals.

mate...how much did it cost to replace all 4?? how much for front and how much for rear?? im also planning to replace in my ek3.

mate...how much did it cost to replace all 4?? how much for front and how much for rear?? im also planning to replace in my ek3.

2 KYB rears costed me 12k 3 months back. Fronts probably would cost 1k higher or lesser I guess ;)

I bought the shocks at 5.6k or so but this was months back. The day i was buying, they mentioned that the price was increased to 6k+