• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mfoc Fund Raiser

pradfred

Hiya all,

After many events and specially the last one, the MFOC coffers are severely depleted. :o

(The Club paid for booze, breakfast and the rooms for the Kitulgala drive) :music-smiley-026:

Hence the MFOC Committee is planning to meet up :drinks: and discuss ideas to generate some funds.

Any ideas from the forum members will be very welcome.

The Gymkhana type event we did was fun for everyone ( I think) and the next event will also be an "Open to all" type thingy.

Requirements would be a private ground and some enthusiastic participation from our fellow AL members and Clubs.

If we can combine and do an event with AL , Honda Club, etc would be even better ..... :action-smiley-031:

Let the brainwaves flow, :D

Cheers

Prad

I'm likely to side with Prami's Gymkhana suggestion - theres always a fair bit of interest - so providing you'll get find a suitable venue for free or cheap , you'll ought to be able to make enough from a entry charge & an additional fee if someone wants more than the couple of go's one would usually get...

I'm likely to side with Prami's Gymkhana suggestion - theres always a fair bit of interest - so providing you'll get find a suitable venue for free or cheap , you'll ought to be able to make enough from a entry charge & an additional fee if someone wants more than the couple of go's one would usually get...

Agreed – a track /Gymkhana session would be good – finding a track for a reasonable amount is going to be an issue- has to be close to CMB

@ Dev – going to take let Prad drive this time ?

:D

cant we get the same place we had last time.. but i guess it wont be a new thing then.....

Cannot get the old place. Its under development by the owner.

Suggestion : Mirigama track as the Pannala track is also having legal issues. Make it a Track day type event.

(We were there over the weekend but cannot get permission - quite tough) .

If we are gonna do a Gymkhana / Track day we must get good participation, of at least 35- 40 cars.

Or else it becomes nonviable.

Plus as per all trackdays participants must be sane, and willing to pay a small entry fee.

Lol

But guys if we plan a Track day will all AL members try and make it a success?

surething bro...closer to colombo the better me thinks...otherwise only the hardcore enthusiasts will show up ne

errr.. for that you'd need hot bod ladies :P

doubt our mofos fit in there :D

true! :lol:

although prad and the gang wearing soapy wet shirts might draw in a whole new crowd neda...if ya know what i mean :wink: :wink:

although prad and the gang wearing soapy wet shirts might draw in a whole new crowd neda...if ya know what i mean :wink: :wink:

Lol.

Oh god .

Well we had a session to agree what to do , and its most probably going to be a track day.

We also looked at the possibility of getting a drag race event done, and the team is gonna work on that, will keep you updated.

We need the support of all AL members and clubs if we are gonna do any of the above though.........hope we can count on them.

hey you mofos!...this is a bit ot,but i saw a sale of brand new mazda and pug parts at the car mart showroom near hyde park,the banner said upto 75% off!...incase you fellas didnt already know...

noticed it as well - far cry from the days of a nice shiny blue mazda 3 with the aero bits on it some years ago :mellow:

i actually was rather worried, cuz that shop window now looks like a clearance / closing down sale display! :unsure:

noticed it as well - far cry from the days of a nice shiny blue mazda 3 with the aero bits on it some years ago :mellow:

i actually was rather worried, cuz that shop window now looks like a clearance / closing down sale display! :unsure:

I think they are the worst agents ever..... and one of the main reasons for the low resale value of Pugeout . Please excuse the spellings I tried several times not sure if I got it correct.

hey you mofos!...this is a bit ot,but i saw a sale of brand new mazda and pug parts at the car mart showroom near hyde park,the banner said upto 75% off!...incase you fellas didnt already know...

Thanks Master Don – shall be checking it out soon.

Yes in deed Dev- Sad situ on the showroom mater :( – Really sad to see it in that state – wonder if they are actually going to let it go – :huh:

We truly need a good agency here to promote Mazda-

Thanks Master Don – shall be checking it out soon.

Yes in deed Dev- Sad situ on the showroom mater :( – Really sad to see it in that state – wonder if they are actually going to let it go – :huh:

We truly need a good agency here to promote Mazda-

well they've already lost VW (some may argue that the decision was based on the principals,but still for all its safe to say that they are lethargic in any of their attempts to manage leave aside promote any of the brands they handle :( )

has David Peris officially given up the Ford agency? it has right? :unsure:

maybe the MFOC can build an agency for both - kinda like a cooperative set up :D

well they've already lost VW (some may argue that the decision was based on the principals,but still for all its safe to say that they are lethargic in any of their attempts to manage leave aside promote any of the brands they handle :( )

has David Peris officially given up the Ford agency? it has right? :unsure:

maybe the MFOC can build an agency for both - kinda like a cooperative set up :D

It is in the pipeline.. ;)