• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

More Experience With Indian Alto

thusi

Bro my mums 800 does 40 in the 1st, 70 in the 2nd and 110 in the 3rd.But that CHapathie Feel as if its flying after crossing 100kmph and aLSO IF u need to brake suddenly (GOD will have to Help u),,,,,

Poor brakes = The biggest bane of Maruti 800.

If those Anti-Maruti guys cried over this fault then I would never try to be defensive.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If those Anti-Maruti guys cried over this fault then I would never try to be defensive.

The best Modification would be to Replace them with Alto's ventilated discs and get a Servo fixed.It will solve the Problem but will cost a few 1000s But worth the Cost

Edited by SpEeD FrEak

Though I can not corner hard with my car, I enjoy cutting through the traffic with it. (I rarely drive out of the city)

you're actually proud of the fact that you cut across traffic???

i'm not the one to stereotype mate,but you fit exactly the bill of a typical maruti bloke and drive as if they just transffered to a car from lifelong three wheeler driving...them buggers poke their noses in to every nook and cranny that they can find,i sometimes wonder if it's the same when you guys are making love..

there are some unwritten ethics that you must adhere when putting a car on the road...and buying a car just so you can break them should not be the priority of any car owner...i know that a lot of idiots in SL do this...but just because a dog can lick his own balls does not mean we should as well.

you're actually proud of the fact that you cut across traffic???

You need not worry! I'm doing it in an ethical way.

And that is when I come to appreciate my Maruti-Suzukis Narrow (1.5 m) width.

By the way I used to be a regular Bus-Passenger before I bought my car. (My father did not allow me to drive his Lancer , at my will.)

One need not own a car with the aforesaid qualities, to be a car enthusiast.

Every car owner has his own sentiments with his own car, and that differs between each person.

For me Kei cars have their own character.

Though I can not corner hard with my car, I enjoy cutting through the traffic with it. (I rarely drive out of the city)

While almost all of the negative points mentioned by you guys about Maruti 800 are true,

those negative points mentioned about the Maruti-Suzuki range as a whole, are mere assumptions and myths.

Where has it been said that you need to OWN a car (of any kind) to be an enthusiast? you seem to have some issues with comprehension my friend, in spite of your impressive vocabulary...

The point at issue is what exactly defines car enthusiasm, and as I said earlier among the slightly eccentric group known as Enthusiasts, cars whose sole purpose in life is to provide transportation from A to B and do nothing else tend to get a bit of negativity. Mostly because there are plenty of cars out there which do provide basic transportation at low cost but also somehow manage to provide entertainment while doing it.

Ahem, several people including myself, Gfx, Ripper and a few others who have driven Marutis pointed out on the previous thread that the Maruti has terrible brakes. That was part of the whole "Lack of safety" aspect that we were talking about.

Also pointed out that I have driven an alto and found it a decent little thing, except for the brakes, which I felt could have had more power.

By the way I used to be a regular Bus-Passenger before I bought my car. (My father did not allow me to drive his Lancer , at my will.)

Really my friend, there is no need to shout... (typing in large size, bold letters and/or block capitals is considered shouting when online btw) I'm sure everyone can see and comprehend what you're trying to say.

Really my friend, there is no need to shout... (typing in large size, bold letters and/or block capitals is considered shouting when online btw) I'm sure everyone can see and comprehend what you're trying to say.

I think samishka expressed his anger by using bold letters.. So in a forum if someona wanna express anger using bold letters it is accepted. It is better thing to do rather than.. filth..

Now why we reply each and every word and draging this....

One day when i was going to Kandy just after nittabuwa police station my speed was closed to 100+ I saw one indian alto is just comming behine me. All of a sudden one mo bic put to the road from a by road and I applied brakes and I watched the mirror and noticed the alto was just about to kiss my right side. The bugger could not stop and turned to right, fortunatly no vechicled were comming from opposite direction.

Alto can speed but no controll on brakes.

I think samishka expressed his anger by using bold letters.. So in a forum if someona wanna express anger using bold letters it is accepted. It is better thing to do rather than.. filth..

Now why we reply each and every word and draging this....

Yes that's quite clear, what I pointed out was that there was really no need to do so. MasterDon made a very legitimate inquiry about samishka's driving habits, so there was no call for him to get hot under the collar. The whole point of a forum is civilized debate after all.

I do agree with you that we should stop dragging this on though. I said the same thing about three posts into the thread, but I appear to have distinctly NOT practiced what i preached! :lol:

Shall remedy this immediately, this has become rather repetitive now anyway... That old "Irresistible force meets an Immoveable object" concept comes to mind :)

Edited by Supra_Natural

Yes that's quite clear, what I pointed out was that there was really no need to do so. MasterDon made a very legitimate inquiry about samishka's driving habits, so there was no call for him to get hot under the collar. The whole point of a forum is civilized debate after all.

Oh common.... look at this

but just because a dog can lick his own balls does not mean we should as well.
:rolleyes: .. this is where it hits.. not the cutting traffic... lets give him a break :action-smiley-060:

Ok then...... BITE ME!!!

I rekon font size can be used as a angry'o'meter... bigger more angry, :angry-smiley-048:

When is this topic gonna end. We have already discussed the pros n cons of a MARUti and ALTO. It is entertaining though like teasing lil kids with candy. Other than the fact that Maruti lovers starts cryin more quicker.

I'll pick a Maruti over Volvo any time. Cus when I drive a Maruti I drive with all my sensors peaked(mobile off, radio off, not talking to anyone, not eating, not drinking, no scratchin nope not even the balls... etc.) and been extra precautious (like driving a car full of TNT) and always glancing at the Magic Ball that I bought from ebay to check ever 5secs of my future incase my reaction time becomes too slow. :ninja:

Ok then...... BITE ME!!!

I rekon font size can be used as a angry'o'meter... bigger more angry, :angry-smiley-048:

When is this topic gonna end. We have already discussed the pros n cons of a MARUti and ALTO. It is entertaining though like teasing lil kids with candy. Other than the fact that Maruti lovers starts cryin more quicker.

I'll pick a Maruti over Volvo any time. Cus when I drive a Maruti I drive with all my sensors peaked(mobile off, radio off, not talking to anyone, not eating, not drinking, no scratchin nope not even the balls... etc.) and been extra precautious (like driving a car full of TNT) and always glancing at the Magic Ball that I bought from ebay to check ever 5secs of my future incase my reaction time becomes too slow. :ninja:

Hope you will not share your Volvo driving experience with, mobile on, radion on, talking, eating, drinking, scratching the balls.. you will get legitmate inquiries about your driving habits in Volvo :action-smiley-060:

thats just nice and dandy for you mate...as always you think only about yourself...and how does your dad,the lancer,and riding buses tie up here???

as i said i dont give a damn about what you drive but its how you drive it that pisses me off...and thanks to you guys and your pathetic marketing skills even a legitimate maruti owner wont be able to find help here now.

yeah they've been a entertaining read these maruti threads but it's getting old now.

Oh common.... look at this :rolleyes: .. this is where it hits.. not the cutting traffic... lets give him a break :action-smiley-060:

way hey!...we gotsa another moderator here...nosy poobah!

ok maybe i shoulda been a lil' bit more subtle...maybe i should have used another term for BALLS...like cojones,berries without a twig,vegetable basket,nutsack,teabags,juevos,kaiser chiefs,testies,gonads,nads,bolloks,the twins,coin purse,vas defrens...

hmmm...nope...nothing says balls like BALLS!

ok maybe i shoulda been a lil' bit more subtle...maybe i should have used another term for BALLS...like cojones,berries without a twig,vegetable basket,nutsack,teabags,juevos,kaiser chiefs,testies,gonads,nads,bolloks,the twins,coin purse,vas defrens...

ROFL!!! This thread is becoming hilarious now!! Atleast we ought to thank the boys rooting for the tin-cans for giving us a good laugh!

thats just nice and dandy for you mate...as always you think only about yourself...and how does your dad,the lancer,and riding buses tie up here???

as i said i dont give a damn about what you drive but its how you drive it that pisses me off...and thanks to you guys and your pathetic marketing skills even a legitimate maruti owner wont be able to find help here now.

yeah they've been a entertaining read these maruti threads but it's getting old now.

How did you come to such a conclusion about my driving?

What I do is weave through gaps in the traffic, in a polite manner however.

As a person who values road-etiquette I never rob the other driver of his road space.

By the way it's your drag-racer friends who seriously break those ethics you are preaching.

didn't wanted be moderator.. just explained why reply came in bold

How did you come to such a conclusion about my driving?

What I do is weave through gaps in the traffic, in a polite manner however.

As a person who values road-etiquette I never rob the other driver of his road space.

By the way it's your drag-racer friends who seriously break those ethics you are preaching.

how the hell cutting off in traffic and Drag Racing are the same ? :unsure: Drag Racing is actually real motor sport in the world, but it does not involve Indian chapithi tin cans and cutting across in traffic :rolleyes:

It's the Anti-Maruti cult that ruins this thread.

It's true that thusi did not clearly mantion the drawbacks of his car.

However even before another Maruti Alto owner comes up with his own experience, the Anti-Maruti guys come into conclusion that this is cheap marketing and starts to have fun in a rude manner.(Jeremy Clarkson influence?)

Instead of letting Maruti owners sharing their experiences, these foul-mouths poked into this thread and started jabbering nonsense.

It's these guys who deprive legitimate maruti owners getting anything helpful.

In a forum where impartiality is vital, how many of them actually showed it?

It's easy for around half a dozen people to argue with solitary me.

There seems to be a snow-balling effect which makes it hard for me to respond to them.

One speaks about civilized debate, after so many guys posted uncivilized comments, but he was silent about them.

Another point was the definition of Car Enthusiast.

If we assume Supra_Natural's definition as correct then it is too narrow a definition for calling members of autoLanka.

I don't understand how Sri Lanka's pioneer Automobile e-magazine, became primarily for those so-called Car Enthusiasts. Though the word Automobile refers to a car, it is also used in a wider context to call any "self propelled road machine".

Finally it is evident that those hellraisers sabotaged what would have been a valuable thread for Maruti owners and Potential Maruti buyers.

Those Maruti-bashers may come up with further hair-splitting, but I will keep away from this forum since it increases my blood-pressure.

I hope to write up my experince with Maruti WagonR. Hope these Anti-Maruti cult will keep-off, at least then. :mellow:

Those Maruti-bashers may come up with further hair-splitting, but I will keep away from this forum since it increases my blood-pressure.

There was heart surgeon used to come to this forum, as i remember his name is Dr VJ, once he said driving a tin can chapathi will increase your blood pressure :rolleyes: