• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Karting Returns To Sri Lanka

ash

Viren, you are welcome to join anytime buddy. We'll let you know when we plan to go.

GuruG, add 6Kgs to your weight then you are in the ball park range to my weight sad.gif

Maybe we should take our normal rides and beat these feather-weights on that track?!

Edited by STi B4

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Viren, you are welcome to join anytime buddy. We'll let you know when we plan to go.

GuruG, add 6Kgs to your weight then you are in the ball park range to my weight :(

Maybe we should take our normal rides and beat these feather-weights on that track?!

Its not fair... Heavy blokes should have the option to pick karts with more HP.

@GihanFX dude! how much do u weight, 50Kg? :P Anyway me is 104Kg. So, I should have a kart with twice the HP. :action-smiley-060:

@virensti Thanks for the tip regardin gloves...

Moshin - Sti3 - weight 60kg

Gihan - Sti4 - weight 65kg

Suranga - B4 Single Turbo - weight 110Kg

Its not fair... Heavy blokes should have the option to pick karts with more HP.

@GihanFX dude! how much do u weight, 50Kg? :P Anyway me is 104Kg. So, I should have a kart with twice the HP. :action-smiley-060:

@virensti Thanks for the tip regardin gloves...

i thought i overhead them saying something about a "smaller cart" , not that it would help :mellow:

@Viren - hmmm i took gloves along just cuz you said so but didn't have any reason to to use them - i appreciate the heads up but reckon the gloves are unnecessary imo

Can we take our Karts there n run? Charge? Overtaking possible? Sufficient area available for that?

MINIACE

its not impossible to overtake but if someone is taking something even remotely close to a blocking line it becomes impossible unless they slide/spin...

i'm not impressed by the Rs. 750 charge for 10 min - that works out to about 12-13 laps

15 min is Rs 1250! :blink:

They offer a printed out sheet of ones timings on request which is a nice touch - everything is quite professional - full face crash helmets n all..

Unsure if they allow ppl to bring their own Karts but will try & find out tomorrow... the ones they have are all nice n new...

The track is tight-ish - decent set of corners but i'd have been happier if there were more straights..

@Viren - hmmm i took gloves along just cuz you said so but didn't have any reason to to use them - i appreciate the heads up but reckon the gloves are unnecessary imo

oh man. then I guess I need tougher palms! :lol: I guess I'll see the next time I go, but I'm deffinitly gonna take gloves! lol

its not impossible to overtake but if someone is taking something even remotely close to a blocking line it becomes impossible unless they slide/spin...

Unsure if they allow ppl to bring their own Karts but will try & find out tomorrow... the ones they have are all nice n new...

Thanks mate!

MINIACE

The 1st day it was 500/- per 10mins... still bit too much I guess. But if we try to organize an event, we could get something better I guess... :unsure:

If you think 500bucks is too much. u should stay at home. come on use your brains. they have spent a fortune building that place & what do u expect. its better than not having anything i think 750 is very reasonable when you compare all the over heads they got to cover we have to remember that this is not a NGO. so people use your damn brains before you talk about something. overall i think its a great place & i had lots of fun so i dont mind paying 750bucks for the 10minute adrenaline rush :angry-smiley-048:

If you think 500bucks is too much. u should stay at home. come on use your brains. they have spent a fortune building that place & what do u expect. its better than not having anything i think 750 is very reasonable when you compare all the over heads they got to cover we have to remember that this is not a NGO. so people use your damn brains before you talk about something. overall i think its a great place & i had lots of fun so i dont mind paying 750bucks for the 10minute adrenaline rush :angry-smiley-048:

You may want to use your own brains and watch your language a bit.... the general consensus among people who have gone there is that 750 is too high for ten minutes of usage... 500 bucks is an ok figure but you need to remember its only for ten minutes, if you are unfortunate to get stuck behind a slow driver, you cant get your money's worth. Would have been better if they had done what the old place did and set a price for a number of laps in a way.

What the hell have you been smoking..?? :angry: Your expressions are as if you have invested in that project. Quiet down Small Son..!

Edited by Bugatti

What the hell have you been smoking..?? :angry: Your expressions are as if you have invested in that project. Quiet down Small Son..!

I havent been smoking nothing but the owner is a friend of mine so i know it cost him a fortune... so you better quite down...dont go there if you cant pay the price

You may want to use your own brains and watch your language a bit.... the general consensus among people who have gone there is that 750 is too high for ten minutes of usage... 500 bucks is an ok figure but you need to remember its only for ten minutes, if you are unfortunate to get stuck behind a slow driver, you cant get your money's worth. Would have been better if they had done what the old place did and set a price for a number of laps in a way.

well i do agree about the part where u get stuck behind a slow driver...but the problem is with all the overheads its not easy to bring the price down.. so my point is lets just e happy that there is something like this in SL. after richard closed down his place there was no place as such where the general public can go have some fun in a kart. so lets just be thankful that dinesh decided to do this project

I havent been smoking nothing but the owner is a friend of mine so i know it cost him a fortune... so you better quite down...dont go there if you cant pay the price

We as a community try a bit harder to think about the masses.. and not just our selves.. I'm quite sure most on AL can afford 750/- for a ride, but not everyone. Try to look at the bigger picture...?!?

And yeah.. u needn't spell it out man.. no one would go if they can't pay... :P try n chill..!

as you mighty have noticed, we ARE pleased that such a thing is happening in SL, just that the costs are rather high. The owner's overheads being high is no concern of ours, as paying customers we will definitely be concerned about getting value for our money, so there is nothing wrong with us considering the pricing too high. So it'd be adviseable if you chill out.