• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Grounding Wire Kit For 1nz And 2nz Engined Cars.

JadeyBlitzen

alright guys. i took the car out today. i didn't notice a big difference in throttle response but the gears were shifting super quick. i drove it down green path at full throttle a few times and it seems to gather speed a lot faster because of the faster shifts. even the horn sounds a bit louder now. i would like to think even the fuel consumption has gone down a bit cos i covered 40 kms today and with all those runs down gp the fuel gauge still shows a pretty healthy reading compared to what i started with. overall i'm pretty pleased with the results and i'll report on any surprises to come.

as for the throttle response. i hope someone who added such a kit to a manual car could comment on that :)

I was wondering why this is not factory fitted? What are the advantages of installing a grounding wire kit/How does it work?

From where in Pettah did you buy this, and what is the type of wire you asked for?

Sorry for asking too many questions :)

Hey Az man... Remember me. We had a heated argument over a nano fuel saver. you cannot expect everything from manufacturer to do it for you. FYI, do you know EFI systems excisted in late 1950's? And just think when it came to our day to day use. Thats how car manufactures work. So dont rely on car manufacturers. They are good but not as good as you think :unsure:

And For everyone, this is little off the topic but dont believe anything said at http://www.fuelsaving.info/. Its just a hoax according to my expeience. That guy seem to be rejecting everything. maybe getting thousands of dollers form oil manufacturers. :jumping-smiley-013:

Edited by Corolla121

as for the throttle response. i hope someone who added such a kit to a manual car could comment on that :)

i've had a set of grounding wires installed on the Z for nearly 2 years now - haven't noticed anything much at all n don't recall noticing anything at the time of installation either :mellow:

In this tutorial there were no improvement in ground voltage, it remained the at 0.5. That explains the seperate grounding wire attached to the engine. How about a seperate thick wire set to the fuel pump? Will deffa increase the boost

then how about we run a few wires to the injectors as well? :D

then how about we run a few wires to the injectors as well? :D

lol, injectors supply should not be tampered as the voltage it operates shouldn't be changed. But the fuel pump thing is valid since the distance from the power source is more and stock harness start increasing the resistance due to aging. So the wires run from the fuel pump relay can be improved.

lol, injectors supply should not be tampered as the voltage it operates shouldn't be changed. But the fuel pump thing is valid since the distance from the power source is more and stock harness start increasing the resistance due to aging. So the wires run from the fuel pump relay can be improved.

that proves why newer/less used cars don't show that much of an improvement when grounding wires are fitted. this was questioned in the link i posted.

I found one of these kits at Motorcade. It includes 5 wires, all connectors, nuts and bolts, heatshrink and all. Costs Rs. 2100

After fixing, I noticed the following very slight improvements

1. Audio quality - a bit more crisp

2. Power shutter speed - a bit faster

3. Horn - a bit louder

4. Shifting - a bit smoother

5. Power mirrors adjustment - a bit faster

6. Signals - Blinking frequency increased a bit (Donno whether I can call this an improvement)

is this a Universal kit machan?

Its been exactly 3 weeks since i added my grounding kit. and i've covered around 300 kms since. So the ecu's had enough time to get used to the changes and I know i'm not crazy but the take off and throttle response is a lot sharper now. Its not just me. my friends say when they touch the accelerator it leaps forward a lot more than they expect. So thats 1000 rupees well spent i'd say :D

one word of advice though. this only really work if your car is old and has built up some resistance in the system over the years. if you car is new and not flakey you will notice little or no difference whatsoever.

Its been exactly 3 weeks since i added my grounding kit. and i've covered around 300 kms since. So the ecu's had enough time to get used to the changes and I know i'm not crazy but the take off and throttle response is a lot sharper now. Its not just me. my friends say when they touch the accelerator it leaps forward a lot more than they expect. So thats 1000 rupees well spent i'd say :D

one word of advice though. this only really work if your car is old and has built up some resistance in the system over the years. if you car is new and not flakey you will notice little or no difference whatsoever.

We have covered around 50kms with the Ground wires and Voltage stab.The engine seems to be smooth now.The throttle response is little bit more.But an Old car would have more gains

Edited by SpEeD FrEak

Though we're trying to improve grounding by adding wires and cleaning connecting points, general knowledge about grounding is poor. Went to buy a new battery for the 406 and the guys in the shop said not to worry much about the ground wire when i complained about a loose connector :) "mahattaya meka echchara hodata thada wenna one na anith eka wage" bugger said pointing the earth/ ground terminal

Though we're trying to improve grounding by adding wires and cleaning connecting points, general knowledge about grounding is poor. Went to buy a new battery for the 406 and the guys in the shop said not to worry much about the ground wire when i complained about a loose connector :) "mahattaya meka echchara hodata thada wenna one na anith eka wage" bugger said pointing the earth/ ground terminal

I oughta forge a career out of this :D

Ok now i'm Convinced :lol: Mate any improvement in fuel economy?

Ok now i'm Convinced :lol: Mate any improvement in fuel economy?

I took the car out on weekends when the roads were somewhat empty and it seemed as if i was getting close to the 13 km/l mark (my personal best is 11 something in town). and then last thursday my friends drove it around at full throttle and used up most of the fuel. however when i was filling up i realised i've still achieved around 10 km/l. could say it was mostly due to my driving :D but i'm sure the less sluggish take offs are surely helping.

I took the car out on weekends when the roads were somewhat empty and it seemed as if i was getting close to the 13 km/l mark (my personal best is 11 something in town). and then last thursday my friends drove it around at full throttle and used up most of the fuel. however when i was filling up i realised i've still achieved around 10 km/l. could say it was mostly due to my driving :D but i'm sure the less sluggish take offs are surely helping.

Nice! Hats off to you mate for checking up on this. :D Shall go n buy the kit soon from motorcade. Cheers :alc: