• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Use Old Engine Oil

Miyuru Daminda

Hi all,

This Saturday I'll going to service my Alto and I have 1.3 liter of engine oil remained in oil can that bought for the last service. ( 4 liter can- 2.7 liter for engine = 1.3 ) and oil is 7 months old, but never opened the oil can. Is it ok to put that oil with new oil? or Do i have to throw it away?

Hi all,

This Saturday I'll going to service my Alto and I have 1.3 liter of engine oil remained in oil can that bought for the last service. ( 4 liter can- 2.7 liter for engine = 1.3 ) and oil is 7 months old, but never opened the oil can. Is it ok to put that oil with new oil? or Do i have to throw it away?

gosh...it takes 7 months for you to change the oil again???? you must be not running about a lot eh?

anyways...i don't think there's an issue with "old" oil cos they don't really get messed up when stored properly...

If it bothers you...you can always keep that bit to use on other day to day stuff...like lubing the garage door hinges, gates etc etc etc....

Hi all,

yes you can use. no problem. as usual my car need 3L per service. when i change oil i buy 4L oil can and use 3l for my car and reminder i use for next oil change.

damn :)

you guys must be using some fancy schmanzy oils i suppose...

i change at 4k mark... use castrol GTX...nothing special but i reach my 4k mark in 3-4 months... and i hardly get to drive out of colombo nowadays so it's mainly office commuting and weekend run abouts.....

Mr.Z

you don;t use the Z as a daily drive yeah? so naturally you don't need quick changes :)

say me bike get to change oil just before a long trip... and that happens once a year :D

Mr.Z

you don;t use the Z as a daily drive yeah? so naturally you don't need quick changes :)

well it was my daily runner for 4 months :) ....Galle Rd, Dehiwala~Mountt back roads & the very best traffic Colombo city has to offer! :D

do that kinda sped things up -

Saw a ad in newspapers saying Kleen park promoting a package for 4000/- for Oil change, Oil filter change and under carriage and a body wash. no idea about the brand of the filter..

thats quite decent - but main thing is the oil :mellow:

slightly OT , but has anyone been to the Havelock Wash Bar which took over the AutoGlym agency? was at Pitstop a few days back & someone there said that they weren't sure if that place (Havelock Wash Bar) was still in business or something! :o

any info? :huh:

lol, but most Subaru owners buy Shell Helix Ultra and it comes as 4L and 1L , as i remember price is around 9700 Rs

damn! :blink: thats properly expensive! - i reckon the most expensive in the mkt? :unsure:

Mobile 1 is in the 7.5k + range , Castrol Edge Sport was a also somewhere there, Motul was around 8 if i'm not mistaken :unsure:

if you don't mind us asking how many Km's since the last? :huh:

Much much less than I expected it to last, barely done 60k :-/ I'm hoping that's the average lifetime of a sleeve job on a 2C engine, else I'm in trouble.

3.7 L with the filter if i recall right off the top of my head machan

Always & only Mobil 1 :)

Z needs only 3.7l ??? i thought somewhere around 6-7 !

well it was my daily runner for 4 months :) ....Galle Rd, Dehiwala~Mountt back roads & the very best traffic Colombo city has to offer! :D

do that kinda sped things up -

yeah, saw u sometime back daily but suddenly disappeared

Much much less than I expected it to last, barely done 60k :-/ I'm hoping that's the average lifetime of a sleeve job on a 2C engine, else I'm in trouble.

Something terribly wrong. From my previous experiance, although I replaced the sleeves nothing done to bearings (2c new engine with bake exhast on cam- lotto). I did about 250,000km myself and sold.

I think your oil changing interval is too high. If you need performance go for Delo or anything else but change @3000km. If you want t save money go Caltex DS40 around Rs1500 for 5 litre and also change @3000km.

Also see topic I started "oil changing interval with different oil" in this forum.

thats quite decent - but main thing is the oil :mellow:

They've mentioned that oil used by them is Mobil (probably Super XHP 15W 40) fact that most of the latest motors require you to put thinner oil than 40. for example 1.8 motor in my car require viscosity 30. since it has more than 100,000 Kms now, im using 40. is it safe to put 30 oil in high mileage engine? :unsure: