• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Use Old Engine Oil

Miyuru Daminda

lol, but most Subaru owners buy Shell Helix Ultra and it comes as 4L and 1L , as i remember price is around 9700 Rs

Say whaaa???? I buy the 4L Shell Helix Ultra too, and it was around 5k for the can last time, AFAIR. With cash discount at motorcade. Where the heck are you getting your stuff from?

Say whaaa???? I buy the 4L Shell Helix Ultra too, and it was around 5k for the can last time, AFAIR. With cash discount at motorcade. Where the heck are you getting your stuff from?

shell helix ultra racing is 9700

shell helix ultra- 4L = 6700/ 1L = 2000

Laugfs

Something terribly wrong. From my previous experiance, although I replaced the sleeves nothing done to bearings (2c new engine with bake exhast on cam- lotto). I did about 250,000km myself and sold.

I think your oil changing interval is too high. If you need performance go for Delo or anything else but change @3000km. If you want t save money go Caltex DS40 around Rs1500 for 5 litre and also change @3000km.

Also see topic I started "oil changing interval with different oil" in this forum.

Did you do 250,000km after the sleeve job or is it the total mileage up to the point of sale? Cos ours will pass the 300,000km mark at the end of this month I think, and the sleeve job was done around 230,000. The engine doesn't feel like there's something terribly wrong with it, although it may be that at the previous oil change something shady might have happened ( I was out of the country at that time and it was the padre who had it carried out, since the vehicle is in use regardless of my presence ). After the oil change 3 weeks ago I've noticed things are lot smoother and quieter. I'll take your advice and carry out the next change at 3000km instead of waiting for 3 months, which according to my current running conditions equate to about 5000km. Hopefully there will be a difference.

Did you do 250,000km after the sleeve job or is it the total mileage up to the point of sale? Cos ours will pass the 300,000km mark at the end of this month I think, and the sleeve job was done around 230,000. The engine doesn't feel like there's something terribly wrong with it, although it may be that at the previous oil change something shady might have happened ( I was out of the country at that time and it was the padre who had it carried out, since the vehicle is in use regardless of my presence ). After the oil change 3 weeks ago I've noticed things are lot smoother and quieter. I'll take your advice and carry out the next change at 3000km instead of waiting for 3 months, which according to my current running conditions equate to about 5000km. Hopefully there will be a difference.

After the sleeve job I did 250,000km and the engine was running good when I sold it. But remember with genuine sleeves you may not do that milage, I used Polgasovita sleeves.

damn! :blink: thats properly expensive! - i reckon the most expensive in the mkt? :unsure:

Mobile 1 is in the 7.5k + range , Castrol Edge Sport was a also somewhere there, Motul was around 8 if i'm not mistaken :unsure:

Hehe need to a put a little stopper there mate. I went to our loving Toyota Lanka about 2 months back, and they had a new "ahem.."

"Toyota Racing Engine Oil" by TRD! :rolleyes: (4L can btw :D )

And the price is.... wait for it....................... 11 Thousand Rupees!!!!!!! :jumping-smiley-013:

The SAE range is 5w something.. So its not even as low as Mobile 1 (the gold proper one) :rolleyes:

Oh and another thing, Toyota went on about how synthetic oils cause sludge at one point.. Now that they got this, They say its fine! :lol: Bloody retards!!!

Edited by virensti

Hehe need to a put a little stopper there mate. I went to our loving Toyota Lanka about 2 months back, and they had a new "ahem.."

"Toyota Racing Engine Oil" by TRD! :rolleyes: (4L can btw :D )

And the price is.... wait for it....................... 11 Thousand Rupees!!!!!!! :jumping-smiley-013:

The SAE range is 5w something.. So its not even as low as Mobile 1 (the gold proper one) :rolleyes:

Oh and another thing, Toyota went on about how synthetic oils cause sludge at one point.. Now that they got this, They say its fine! :lol: Bloody retards!!!

its all about the money! :o