• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Drags On 24th

RACERSEDGE

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BOV aka blow off valve is a unite that release the turbo boost out to the intake or to the atmosphere when u brake of shift, in ur case im sure you car doesn't have a Turbo so for non turbo aka NA cars u can fix a BOV, anyway regarding the sound u were talking about coming from the intake, it must be the sound of air sucking in, sometime u can hear" woosh" sound at high RPM , even in a Turbo car's BOV is not consider as performance MOD

Anyway you as a computer guy why don't u do some search in the internet about Honda Engine, Modifications, parts, etc, Internet is very easy way to learn things, u can search Headers for D15B, down pipe, CAI ( cold air Intake) etc, in EK there are lods of IT guys around who know lot about motor mechanical stuff

cheers

Sure mate..thanks a load for the information....

Actually im very poor in time management. Thats the case :(... somehow i have started some research about them recently.............

lets spend the whole night with greese :)

yep @ the moment its been fully washed n it was a nice thing by orgs. but they shood stricly sort out events as this is a fun thing n any small kid will undstnd that u cant put a 1600cc to a 1500cc event..small isue on the 1500cc honda event ather than that all other events ok...hope u guys hav a good day.tomorrow..

also guys be cafreful on speed guns.. today police tracked all speeding vehicles on puttalm road..so watch out tomorrow. i dnt knw wether that rule is on or off from court not to track speeding

yep @ the moment its been fully washed n it was a nice thing by orgs. but they shood stricly sort out events as this is a fun thing n any small kid will undstnd that u cant put a 1600cc to a 1500cc event..small isue on the 1500cc honda event ather than that all other events ok...hope u guys hav a good day.tomorrow..

also guys be cafreful on speed guns.. today police tracked all speeding vehicles on puttalm road..so watch out tomorrow. i dnt knw wether that rule is on or off from court not to track speeding

previously its from yantampalaawa to city limit rite? wat happend? police caseda?

Ok... I've found my self back at home in Colombo, so did some of the super cars.. :unsure: I believe GFX too is on his way back.

The event was quite badly organized... there was no place to park, and there were more people you would find at a Michael Jackson concert... yes, and the people, well.. they were all over the place, even on the so called 45 foot wide track. :blink:

Tried to wade thru the crowd n made my way to what I thought was the start line.. but then saw some of the official arguing among them selves... that was quite hilarious. :lol:

Either way, the drive back to Colombo was good fun.. had the road to our selves :rolleyes:

Shall post some pics, i managed to take.

Edited by Bugatti

Ok... I've found my self back at home in Colombo, so did some of the super cars.. :unsure: I believe GFX too is on his way back.

The event was quite badly organized... there was no place to park, and there were more people you would find at a Michael Jackson concert... yes, and the people, well.. they were all over the place, even on the so called 45 foot wide track. :blink:

Tried to wade thru the crowd n made my way to what I thought was the start line.. but then saw some of the official arguing among them selves... that was quite hilarious. :lol:

Either way, the drive back to Colombo was good fun.. had the road to our selves :rolleyes:

Oh no. That's a shame. Glad I didn't come then. Any idea on results? Post the pics soon mate :)

Check this out... below is the start line... which is not more that 50 feet wide..! :blink:

to the far end of the pic, you would notice that the crowd have moved on to the white line... A tragedy waiting to happen.. the cops I guess had not seen such an event before (not to mention the residents) that they had forgotten what they were there for (to ensure spectators don't get on to the track)

The finish line cannot be seen...... it is visible after the first bend... yes, it is not a straight track. :blink:

dragstartline.th.jpg

Check out the crowd near the track...

dragcrowd.th.jpg

Edited by Bugatti

Check this out... below is the start line... which is not more that 50 feet wide..! :blink:

to the far end of the pic, you would notice that the crowd have moved on to the white line... A tragedy waiting to happen.. the cops I guess had not seen such an event before (not to mention the residents) that they had forgotten what they were there for (to ensure spectators don't get on to the track)

The finish line cannot be seen...... it is visible after the first bend... yes, it is not a straight track. :blink:

dragstartline.th.jpg

Check out the crowd near the track...

dragcrowd.th.jpg

That's just CRAZY!! If I was running my car I'd just pull out! All it takes is one guy to lose his balance and fall in front of the car while doing about 140 150 km/h. I'm sure the driver will be able to stop/avoid! Typical sri lankan racing event! <_< I'm sorry I know organising stuff like this aint easy. But bloody hell men!!!

IMO it was a display of poor organizing skills and poor knowledge of drags, they could have just held some biking events on that track rather than inviting cars and collecting money from participants. Was very disappointing when everyone saw the race track. When we asked an organizer is this track suitable for racing, they guy said "okkomala riderla ne inne ae nisa awulak nae" lol. Sad thing was many nice cars were parked at random places around the venue, while just bikes were running. And few were wondering where was the barbecue stall and those two DJs lolz. Anyway in our case also drive there & back was fun, with few drags along the way.... :D

Edited by shanX