• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Road Trip

pradfred

Question

Hey Guys,

Why don't we all plan a road trip?

Can be over a weekend - some nice driving roads- a) with families / girlfriends/ boyfriends OR B) guys only.

Stay the night somewhere decent and head back after a chilled breakfast....stop for a river bath on way back etc etc Photo opps...memories et al

What say u all?

Edited by pradfred

• Answers 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Hey Guys,

Can be over a weekend - some nice driving roads- a) with families / girlfriends/ boyfriends OR B) guys only.

Stay the night somewhere decent and head back after a chilled breakfast....stop for a river bath on way back etc etc Photo opps...memories et al

What say u all?

excellent idea machan. Im in.

Hey Guys,

What say u all?

Hmm.. interesting, would love to but not now for me.

Hey Guys,

What say u all?

Ahhhh the lure of the open road *sigh*

been wanting to for so long and wifey's game too........but then that idylic dream comes crashing down with the usual "Ammi, Malli just hit me on the head with a stick" or "Dada, Malli is sitting on the dog and riding horsey"......... :rolleyes:

Yes Malli can be a reall terror when he wants to be :D

But I guess its no for the moment from me... *SIGH*

been wanting to for so long and wifey's game too........but then that idylic dream comes crashing down with the usual "Ammi, Malli just hit me on the head with a stick" or "Dada, Malli is sitting on the dog and riding horsey"......... :rolleyes:

heh heh :) i bet he is mate :)

i too have a small fella...10 months but he loves the car, bike, my xbox especially the black controller :lol:

but yeah...have my best times with him so i'm happy with the deal to say the least :)

as long as accomodation is good...he can travel :)

heh heh :) i bet he is mate :)

i too have a small fella...10 months but he loves the car, bike, my xbox especially the black controller :lol:

but yeah...have my best times with him so i'm happy with the deal to say the least :)

as long as accomodation is good...he can travel :)

Yeah seen your lil one....cute fella .....obviously the looks don't come from you :D J/K

My two travel pretty well, machang......especially my daughter who just straps in and enjoys the ride.

She's been like that from day dot.

The son travels decently well, but has to be given some avomine...if not he throws up.

When we get there,Unless there's a lota space for him to run around..........he's trouble indoors. Nothing is spared.

I once caught him rubbing a DVD on the ground.....needless to say that had to be thrown away :rolleyes:

The only thing he will spare are my model cars, cause he knows there'll be hell to pay......

This is why we make sure that there are plenty of people who we can palm him off n when we go on trip ....he he he

Grand parents, uncles, aunties most welcome..... :)

Having said all this though I must say that I love em both to bits......Don't want it any other way.

Edited by SHAI

Yeah seen your lil one....cute fella .....obviously the looks don't come from you :D J/K

My two travel pretty well, machang......especially my daughter who just straps in and enjoys the ride.

She's been like that from day dot.

The son travels decently well, but has to be given some avomine...if not he throws up.

When we get there,Unless there's a lota space for him to run around..........he's trouble indoors. Nothing is spared.

I once caught him rubbing a DVD on the ground.....needless to say that had to be thrown away :rolleyes:

The only thing he will spare are my model cars, cause he knows there'll be hell to pay......

This is why we make sure that there are plenty of people who we can palm him off n when we go on trip ....he he he

Grand parents, uncles, aunties most welcome..... :)

Having said all this though I must say that I love em both to bits......Don't want it any other way.

having read all of that i sure hope all these folks who you intend on leaving him with are NOT on the AL forums! :lol:

having read all of that i sure hope all these folks who you intend on leaving him with are NOT on the AL forums! :lol:

:lol: Nope, thankfully none are.............. :)

[

So looks like we got some nice people who will join up?

Shall we plan a trip then?

Key points

1) Has to be super accommodation ( no bloody way will anything less than 4 star suffice) specially the loo :unsure:

2) Refer point 1) = We sooo spoilt now...... :rolleyes:

3) Puttalam side as Bugatti says ? Nice roads ...good beaches I guess......Prawns will be cheap so will the crabbies....

4) With spouses and family.

5) Leave on a Sat morning & back on Sun evening?

6) BYOB. + extra smokes+ Bites + Chasers.....

7) Open to all AL members and their friends .

Now the biggest issue is the Date and time as we are going into peak season.......

How about the Last weekend of this month ? 28th & 29th ?

I am sure we can get a nice crowd from the Mini club, Honda Club, MFOC, and the BMW clubs etc etc

C mon mates lets do this.

[

So looks like we got some nice people who will join up?

Shall we plan a trip then?

Key points

1) Has to be super accommodation ( no bloody way will anything less than 4 star suffice) specially the loo :unsure:

2) Refer point 1) = We sooo spoilt now...... :rolleyes:

3) Puttalam side as Bugatti says ? Nice roads ...good beaches I guess......Prawns will be cheap so will the crabbies....

4) With spouses and family.

5) Leave on a Sat morning & back on Sun evening?

6) BYOB. + extra smokes+ Bites + Chasers.....

7) Open to all AL members and their friends .

Now the biggest issue is the Date and time as we are going into peak season.......

How about the Last weekend of this month ? 28th & 29th ?

I am sure we can get a nice crowd from the Mini club, Honda Club, MFOC, and the BMW clubs etc etc

C mon mates lets do this.

Fancy accomadation is actually quite lacking in that area still... most of the places are of the camping/roughing out variety. Puttalam resthouse is there, but that isnt great ESPECIALLY the loos lol.

Also Prawns and Crabs arent appreciably cheap there machan, they've caught on to the fact that people come there for that, and jacked prices accordingly.

Sadly if its this month, wont be able to make it, will be tied up till the 2nd week of dec :(

Fancy accomadation is actually quite lacking in that area still... most of the places are of the camping/roughing out variety. Puttalam resthouse is there, but that isnt great ESPECIALLY the loos lol.

Also Prawns and Crabs arent appreciably cheap there machan, they've caught on to the fact that people come there for that, and jacked prices accordingly.

Sadly if its this month, wont be able to make it, will be tied up till the 2nd week of dec :(

yeah i've had to stay in 'em "hotels" once or twice(unfortunately)

but there are a couple of good places at kalpitiya,but the thing is that most of those places have only cabanas and cottages...no rooms...this one place i went the food was excellant and they take you whale/dolphin watching and fishing(i didn't do any of that)...deffa worth spending the day there...

yeah i've had to stay in 'em "hotels" once or twice(unfortunately)

but there are a couple of good places at kalpitiya,but the thing is that most of those places have only cabanas and cottages...no rooms...this one place i went the food was excellant and they take you whale/dolphin watching and fishing(i didn't do any of that)...deffa worth spending the day there...

there's are two places...run by folks that i know through friends

both are in kalpitiya...

one "alankuda beach" and the other "dolphin beach"

the first joint has a web addy under it's name...a dot com addy! :)

there's are two places...run by folks that i know through friends

both are in kalpitiya...

one "alankuda beach" and the other "dolphin beach"

the first joint has a web addy under it's name...a dot com addy! :)

lol...yeah...i intially thought of alankuda but that place is bloody expensive...dolphin beach is more like it

there is also a place i found out called "forest hideout"( http://www.srilankanexpeditions.com/accomm...php?id=307#imgs )...seems ok..but doesnt seem to be close to the sea,rather spoils the idea of going to puttlam in the first place if there is no sea to see :D but otherwise seems ok,but again no rooms,so might have problems with families tagging along :( but things should improve rapidly because there is a huge project going on to increaste the tourist trade to kalpitiya by the government.

and a pic of the loo for ol' praddyfreddy :P

popup.jpg

Edited by MasterDon

The Alankuda beach seems super.. but the rates, Errr...!

Alankuda beach IS quite nice, facilities are posh but basic (I.e open air toilets-but with proper plumbing), and they charge quite a packet during the dolphin season, might be less during the off season though.

Alankuda beach IS quite nice, facilities are posh but basic (I.e open air toilets-but with proper plumbing), and they charge quite a packet during the dolphin season, might be less during the off season though.

it's still $120 for a cabana in the off season bro..and according to them this is the "high season",so that's $300 minimum plus $40 per additional guest.

Edited by MasterDon

it's still $120 for a cabana in the off season bro..and according to them this is the "high season",so that's $300 minimum plus $40 per additional guest.

well dunno if they give group packages neda?

well dunno if they give group packages neda?

Guys, trying to find a plAce in Kalpitiya... spoke tp Prad, plan might be to find a good place that is good enough to keep the women and children and us guys Man it out under the stars.

Will keep you all posted.

Ok, for my info, what is the Most we are prepared to pay per person, for the trip? All Inclusive?

WOw cool.. why dont invite madz to organiz an event Autolanka beach fest 2009 :D :D ..

Guys, trying to find a plAce in Kalpitiya... spoke tp Prad, plan might be to find a good place that is good enough to keep the women and children and us guys Man it out under the stars.

Will keep you all posted.

Ok, for my info, what is the Most we are prepared to pay per person, for the trip? All Inclusive?

hey praddy/vvti

spoke to boss but since junior is only 10 months still...that far of a drive in hot weather might pose an issue for me...or for the junior rather :)

anyways...can try and come solo :)

Prad...

if we can organize a boat and if you can get that lazy butt up early in the morning...we should be able to do some fishing also :D i hear the fishing is good up there

"duwa........dont run like dat"

"puthaaa aneeee dont touch it eeya jarawanee"

"machan wife needs something so i have to go there machan"

"noooo way machan...wife is there,, u know machan..geenu case,, passe balamu OK"

ohh god... :sad-smiley-047::action-smiley-060: :action-smiley-060: :action-smiley-060::huh: :huh: :huh:

Edited by da_kool_guy

"duwa........dont run like dat"

"puthaaa aneeee dont touch it eeya jarawanee"

"machan wife needs something so i have to go there machan"

"noooo way machan...wife is there,, u know machan..geenu case,, passe balamu OK"

ohh god... :sad-smiley-047::action-smiley-060: :action-smiley-060: :action-smiley-060::huh: :huh: :huh:

WTF?????

dude you seem to have rock city rocks inside your head...a regular looney bird you are :angry-smiley-048: