• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

The Best Diesel Car In Sri Lanka

JAFF

Question

22 answers to this question

Guys.

What is the most reliable & economical DIESEL CAR in Sri Lanka?

is it,

Corolla

Corona

Carina

Gallant or

Sunny

What is the YOM you are looking?

Anyway, go for Toyota Corolla or Carina. Lot of spares are available and maintain cost should be in low range. Good luck mate. :grinning-smiley-003:

YOM should be 1997-2000

but i heard that the Gallant diesel car is very reliable, is it true??

Its a comfortable vehicle. But spare part prices are very high (correct me if l'm wrong).

Edited by Prami

will i be able to buy a Carina or Corona which was manufactured in the year 2000? because i saw most of the cars are below 2000

Most of the diesel cars came on permits as I remember it was on the year 2001 last, so if you are planning to buy one it may be brandnew of year 2001 or 3 years below reconditioned one the latest. Very few diesel vehicles came beyond it, as importing of such vehicle leads to high import tax. <_<

Carina and Premio same engine & all mechanical specs except for minor body / cosmetics.

In deed a Premio is also a good car or equivalent to the carina.

I have had both, same fuel consumption as mentioned above,

but the Premio for the last 6 yrs, these are beautiful machines.

Will recomend the carina / premio to anyone that suits a such a vehicle

Most of the diesel cars came on permits as I remember it was on the year 2001 last, so if you are planning to buy one it may be brandnew of year 2001 or 3 years below reconditioned one the latest. Very few diesel vehicles came beyond it, as importing of such vehicle leads to high import tax. <_<

well.. a few came under the latest permit as well... :)

I've driven the SB13 and the SU14 (Bluebird) on quite a few occasions and from what I know, the bluebird which came around the 99 -2000 era is a spacious, comfortable car. the B13 Super saloon is a great on fuel economy... both cars are not that expensive to maintain, as far as what I've seen and heard...

well.. a few came under the latest permit as well... :)

I've driven the SB13 and the SU14 (Bluebird) on quite a few occasions and from what I know, the bluebird which came around the 99 -2000 era is a spacious, comfortable car. the B13 Super saloon is a great on fuel economy... both cars are not that expensive to maintain, as far as what I've seen and heard...

whatever said and done, when it comes to reliability toyota diesels earns 10 points from me. All of the toyota motors we had ran and kicked into life whenever turn the key regardless of how much it was worn out. And overhauls were tad easy and spares were available from one corner to the other.

Back to the topic, 2c powered 110 would be the best considering relatively low market yield of top range models such as crown, premio, carina

whatever said and done, when it comes to reliability toyota diesels earns 10 points from me. All of the toyota motors we had ran and kicked into life whenever turn the key regardless of how much it was worn out. And overhauls were tad easy and spares were available from one corner to the other.

Back to the topic, 2c powered 110 would be the best considering relatively low market yield of top range models such as crown, premio, carina

mate, can you tell me whether 3c engine is better than the 2c engine? and the fuel consumption of those two engines

mate, can you tell me whether 3c engine is better than the 2c engine? and the fuel consumption of those two engines

i'm afraid don't have any hands on experience with 3C, but the general perception and word of mouth is 2C is less troublesome than 3C. Fuel consumption is depend on the transmission type and the vehicle but generally 2C engine does around 11-12 in city even with Autoboxes.

Toyota premio or Carina would be better than a sunny.. :violent-smiley-030: : :rolleyes::action-smiley-060: :action-smiley-060: :jumping-smiley-013: And also a alto or maruti will be good but they are small

:alc:

There is some real value addition there folks! The thread is on diesel cars, but it doesn't matter, lets try marketing the Maruti. Again. :rolleyes:

There is some real value addition there folks! The thread is on diesel cars, but it doesn't matter, lets try marketing the Maruti. Again. :rolleyes:

seriously this sh*t should come to an end, i thought marketing of junc is no more. What they don't realise is the adverse effect it get from trying it hard. Seriously dude you've mentioned a vehicle which is not anywhere worth mentioning in this thread.