• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

A Car For 2mil

RLan

Ahem... hate to jump in this late in the topic when the choices are all narrowed down, but has anyone considered a P11?

Economy YES

Looks YES

Parts YES

Resell YES

Power Oh YES!!! (SR20DE with a rated 140-150bhp)

A good condition specimen can be bought for less than 15 and you will have enough dosh in your hands to knock yourself off with any type of Mod you want.

Call me partial becasue I use one as a daily runner, but they are bullet proof cars. Never let me down yet.

You sure about this? Far as I can tell, prices have and continue to drop like crazy <_< good time to buy, I suppose..

Can't argue with that :)

yup, Market has pretty much flattened out... (for the moment anyway)

The B4 is a brilliant car to be sure, I just wonder how practical it would be as a daily runner (i.e. his only car), if indeed that is the case. I'm sure most here will agree that if you're getting one you ought to look out for a manual, that said the clutch tends to be heavy and again, if it's going to spend most of it's time in traffic and on short runs it can get very tedious. If you're looking at this as your second/weekend car, then it wins hands down IMO.

Actually its pretty practical as a daily driver as long as you dont mind the fuel consumption. Know a few people who use it as such and they love it... The key is getting a good example.

Hi,

MkX, you've summerised it nicely. So it's all pretty much pointing towards ES8

fuzzo, I actually haven't seen a standard B4. All I see is ones with spoilers and big exhausts. I'd love to get a standard car without show off stuff.

Pericles, just today I heard from a friend that Primera gear box is really bad (he meant it'd get done pretty fast) and I shouldn't even think about it. Do you know if this is the case?

Supra_Natural, thanks for the correction. Still ES8 at the top it seems. And I didn't mean to offend anyone when I said "boy racer" thing. I should try to look for some standard B4s with twin turbo ;)

LaZyBoy, yeah I'd be using this as my main car for atleast another 3 years. (Unless I'd get lucky eariler ;) ) Fuel economy is not a really big issue unless it's really bad. Any idea where B4 stand? Heavy clutch isn't a major issue. (The european cars I've driven all had heavy clutches.) In traffic it could be a nightmare though.

VVTi, thanks for the hint, I'd check that out as well.

Cheers guys.

LaZyBoy, yeah I'd be using this as my main car for atleast another 3 years. (Unless I'd get lucky eariler ;) ) Fuel economy is not a really big issue unless it's really bad. Any idea where B4 stand? Heavy clutch isn't a major issue. (The european cars I've driven all had heavy clutches.) In traffic it could be a nightmare though.

Well, like S_N said, if you find one that's been well looked after and you can live with the heavy consumption (5-6km/l is about the best I've ever gotten - also, this thing needs 95 remember) then you should be good to go man.. for three years and beyond :)

Finding a decent manual car within your budget may be a challenge, since there aren't too many manuals around. That said, if/when you do get the chance to break out of the painful (for your left leg) gridlock and open the taps a little, I'm certain it will be entirely worth it ;)

fuzzo, thanks for the tip. Which car are you refering to? And where is asian motors? (please pardon my ignorance). Cheers.

Pericles, he heard it from somebody (who probably heard it from somebody who heard it from sombody too), the classic situation.

By the way guy, how is Audi A6 looking in here. Cheers.

fuzzo, I actually haven't seen a standard B4. All I see is ones with spoilers and big exhausts. I'd love to get a standard car without show off stuff.

regarding the B4-

there are plenty around and in the mkt , most stock - just make sure you have service records, cuz replacement of parts can be expensive

5-7 kmpl with an Auto triptonic Twin Turbo is to be expected afaik

If your used to euro cars , the B4 clutch shouldn't be of too much concern to u i reckon..

In todays mkt, 1.8-2.3 Million should net u fair specimen , a late car with the upgraded front grill & lamps may cost a smidge more

fuzzo, thanks for the tip. Which car are you refering to? And where is asian motors? (please pardon my ignorance). Cheers.

opposite HNB Tower on Darley Rd.

The Silver one has been there for a long while...

I thought the baby blue one had moved? or has another come in there recently? ...the baby blue one was at the Mercantile Investments yard a good year or more ago in a slightly sorry state :mellow:

opposite HNB Tower on Darley Rd.

The Silver one has been there for a long while...

I thought the baby blue one had moved? or has another come in there recently? ...the baby blue one was at the Mercantile Investments yard a good year or more ago in a slightly sorry state :mellow:

Well to talk a bit more about that car sale. I work in HNB towers for the last 4-5 years, and if I recall correct, most of the cars that are on display (the Volvo S60, VW beetle, The Skyline V35 etc.) were there in that sale for more than 3 years.. The B4 too is there for at least a year I guess. Don't know why...

Oh. BTW There's a blue RX7 Savanna there now..!!! :rolleyes: Don't know long it'll be stuck there.. :unsure: Some1 please release that if possible.!

Well to talk a bit more about that car sale. I work in HNB towers for the last 4-5 years, and if I recall correct, most of the cars that are on display (the Volvo S60, VW beetle, The Skyline V35 etc.) were there in that sale for more than 3 years.. The B4 too is there for at least a year I guess. Don't know why...

Oh. BTW There's a blue RX7 Savanna there now..!!! :rolleyes: Don't know long it'll be stuck there.. :unsure: Some1 please release that if possible.!

bang on - i checked out that S60 & The Passat when i saw in school! so that was a good 5 years ago! they had a rover 75 at the time as well...

There are cars that don't move much from sales , but i too am a little confused/worried as to why cars at this sale remain there for this long!? :huh:

wonder if they'd swap for the B4 ? :D

bang on - i checked out that S60 & The Passat when i saw in school! so that was a good 5 years ago! they had a rover 75 at the time as well...

There are cars that don't move much from sales , but i too am a little confused/worried as to why cars at this sale remain there for this long!? :huh:

wonder if they'd swap for the B4 ? :D

That white Mazda hatch too, was there for the last 5 years... price keeps going up by 600k per year.. :blink: I first checked it out for 1.9 mill...

• 2 months later...
Ahem... hate to jump in this late in the topic when the choices are all narrowed down, but has anyone considered a P11?

Economy YES

Looks YES

Parts YES

Resell YES

Power Oh YES!!! (SR20DE with a rated 140-150bhp)

A good condition specimen can be bought for less than 15 and you will have enough dosh in your hands to knock yourself off with any type of Mod you want.

Call me partial becasue I use one as a daily runner, but they are bullet proof cars. Never let me down yet.

Economy YES if you think 8km per liter is ok in traffic.

Looks Subjective. Exterior, may be yes but I had a look at a 1998 brand new import and the interior looked quite old fashioned, P11s age show expecially in the interior and IMHO i don't think it can please a person with 2 million to buy a car.

Parts YES but not quiet as widely available as civic i suppose but nevertheless would not be an issue i guess.

Resell i know quite a few who had a hard time reselling, definitely not in the league of civics in this department.

Power more realistic would be power to weight ratio and civic is marginally better in that department.

since he has 2 million a very good example of civic would serve his purpose.

bdw RLAN if u r seeking to buy a good civic at a reasonable price try to get the Sunday papers on saturday it self and start the search. good deals don't last long.

good luck!

Edited by isurujosh

oops i realised i am too late with my feedback. RLAN plz keep me posted on fuel consumption and your general feelings towards the 406. i am in the market too hunting for a car in that range. decided against 406 after some discouraging words from some previous owners. but i like to expand my experience base on 406s.