• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Fiat 500

GuruG

The model is not available, tho I suspect it would be good.

The car, on the other hand, just might be available... :rolleyes:

bahhh the car is no good unless you get the full option one which includes the model as well.... :rolleyes: lookin at it i reckon its a good ride plus drive... ;)

nice legs... don't think i've seen here before though! probably just flown in for the launch of summin like that... :)

i'd hate to say it but i think the car is lot better than that chic though! :)

ps...nice web site addy...pakheaven :D

Below are some of the pictures of the model that I'm refering to... :rolleyes:

37034642.jpg

Is it any good? Is it Available in Sri Lanka?

Seems to be some 'behind-the-scenes' photos taken before the Fiat 500 launch ceremony in India.

(Fiat 500 is imported into India as a CBU unit, which in turn attracts higher import duties. Therefore it is priced nearly twice as much as the Indian-made Grande Punto.)

Following is the verdict by WhatCar? India on Fiat 500 DIESEL model.

http://www.whatcarindia.com/fullverdict.as...2&modid=126

Their sister magazine Autocar India says,

" For - Cute looks, retro-feel dash, build & quality

Against - Thumpy ride, Lacklustre handling

Verdict - Has massive appeal but is too expensive."

• 2 years later...

Had to share this. Looks like Americans are having got a taste of Italian zing at last!

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2012/11/generation-why-gen-y-coty/#comment-1969096

Generation Why: My Gen Y COTY

By Derek Kreindler on November 20, 2012

68327_222573634541722_554742777_n-450x337.jpg

Digsby

IM, Email, and Social Networks in one easy to use application!

http://digsby.com

With the TWATs under way and awards season about to gear up, I would like to take a moment to highlight the one car I’ve found that ticks all the boxes for me personally. It’s the Fiat 500 Abarth.

The base 500 might as well be the template for the “premium city car” segment that’s slowly cropping up (the 500, Opel Adam and even the Ford Fiesta and Smart ForTwo can be included). It’s stylish, economical and carries a small footprint which makes it easier to park and maneuver. It’s also bog slow and dull to drive.

The Abarth fixes all that. 160 horsepower won’t light anyone’s hair on fire, but its quick enough by anyone’s standards, with serious punch above 3000 RPM that’s great for merging and passing big rigs on the highway. In the base car, those are white-knuckle feats of derring-do. In the Abarth, you want to do it again and again. The power comes in handy in city traffic too. There’s very little lag, and you can take nearly anything from a stoplight. A stopped taxi or dawdling driver blocking your lane can easily be evaded without downshifting – wait for even the tiniest gap, punch the throttle and you’re gone.

It sounds like a tuner car, and tries to look like a serious performance machine but doesn’t have any of the “I work at McDonalds” vibe that a tuner car (factory or aftermarket hackjob) carries. Girls think its cute, seniors take a real shine to it and you’d never be embarassed to take a client or your boss out to lunch in it. That wonderful exhaust note that everyone goes on about? It never drones or buzzes like an aftermarket unit does. But it sounds wonderful with the windows down, when you can hear the turbo spooling, the wastegate exhaling and the unburnt fuel crackling and popping.

Some of the cars flaws, like the high seating position, are actually a boon to city driving. Visibility is excellent and you quickly adapt to it. Others, like the excessive body roll and darty steering at high speeds make it less than ideal for serious performance driving. This isn’t something you’d take to the track. But for the kind of road courses you tackle on a daily basis, it’s superb. I even fit a Cotsco-sized grocery shop in the trunk without folding the seats down. In a pinch, I took a couple friends across town to go for lunch. Even though I drove the car vigorously all week, I had no trouble matching the 28 mpg the EPA claims for this car.

The Abarth is definitely a niche product, and a lot of people will be more comfortable with something else, whether that’s a Mini, a Mazdaspeed 3 or even an FR-S. But if you are that mythical Millenial; downtown-living, employed in the creative field, the kind of person that GM and Ford are trying so hard to cultivate, then this is your car. I love it for more tangible reasons; it can fit in nearly any parking space, easy on gas and has just the right amount of performance. Do I love it enough to take on a car note? No. But of all the cars I’ve driven this year, this is the one that I’d buy. Maybe in a few years, when things are a little more stable and I’m firmly entrenched here at TTAC, I’ll take the plunge. Right now, the world doesn’t seem to be getting any more stable economically, and that means even a $22,000 new car is something to be second guessed.

• Like 1

saw a grey abarth spec down havelock road last sat with K plates on it..anyone know anything about it...looked pretty slick in real life plus the interior looked amazing

http://www.youtube.c...ed/SDSq7pswN8U

We featured it on Motorque some time back.... awesome car!

Edited by Supra_Natural

GTAm, something weird I've noticed on the roads of London. You see plenty of the standard 500s but I've only seen about two Abarths in total.

Fiat sales in UK are mostly 500s and now the new Panda. Abarth sold 118 cars in UK last month and 1057 year to date. Almost all will be 500s.

Fiat sales in UK are mostly 500s and now the new Panda. Abarth sold 118 cars in UK last month and 1057 year to date. Almost all will be 500s.

Don't think they have another mainstream Abarth model do they? I mean I don't think they still sell the Sciento or the Stilo Abarth though there might be a Punto Abarth (again hardly see them in the roads).

Yes they do have the Punto Abarth Don, but the sales for the brand is predominantly 500 Abarth especially in the UK. Actually if I was buying one it would be the Punto Evo Abarth like this and not the 500.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201243489910898/sort/default/usedcars/model/punto_evo/make/abarth/onesearchad/used/onesearchad/nearlynew/onesearchad/new/page/3/radius/1500/postcode/iv124eu/advert-type/standard-listing?logcode=ucnnp

Edited by GTAm

Yes they do have the Punto Abarth Don, but the sales for the brand is predominantly 500 Abarth especially in the UK. Actually if I was buying one it would be the Punto Evo Abarth like this and not the 500.

http://www.autotrade...g?logcode=ucnnp

the OEM punto alone is a zippy little bugger wife use to own a 2005 version loved driving it around, would love to drive a abarth spec just to feel the difference

• Like 1

There is a white with abarth stickers. Owned by the son who owns the red X6

Bullshit, there is only one Abarth in the country and that does NOT belong to any son... The white one is a standard 500 and that doesn't belong to any "son" either.