• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Increase Fuel Efficiency In Car

mudi269

Question

25 answers to this question

Its about 13 km/l with AC

What are you complaining about if your car does 13 KM/Ltr .. ? The best car for fuel ecomomy is probably the latest Toyota Vitz, heard it does around 17 km, so considering the price difference of the two cars I personally will live with 13 Km /Ltr.

Anyways some of the basics in conserving fuel would be

a) Avoid breaking too often, car will take up more power to take off from stand still . This will also have a dual effect cos it will save your breaks as well... well maybe a little.

B) Leave early to office and get out of office before the rush hour, if not best is to wait in office till the rush hour passes ( would be also good if you are clocking in overtime, again a dual effect )...

c) Ensure you properly shift the gears at the correct speeds.

d) Always ensure your air filter is clean, more air = better fuel combustion = more power out of each ltr of fuel.

e) Would be good to check and change the plugs if necessary, better spark = better combustion

f) Oil = Better lubrication = less friction = less power loss.

g) One last thing.... try and avoid giving lifts to people ( you will be amazed how much of a effect it will have by having a extra 90kg person in a maruti. Better power to weight ration = better fuel economy.

I have a Maruti Suzuki 800 car. (KA XXXX). I feel that the fuel efficency is low in that car ? How can i increase the efficiency ?

Park it at home and take a 3 wheeler.... <_<

honestly, i can't believe some people, 13KM/l in TRAFFIC with AC on is a pretty damn good figure!

Our Alion (A1.5) does max 11 (With very very carful driving keeping RPM less 2K) in city and 14 @ extra urban --- Combine its max 11-12 km/l

But to be very honest and nothing but the truth..nothing could match with a 2000/2002 Honda Civic Ferio (ES1 JDM) 1.5 VTEC with EPS and CVT..by my own experience..i owned it 3 years back..and it was doing 12-14 (in keeping with ECO indicator ON) in URBAN and Seriously 18 max in extra urban. But for every car i only and strickly pump 95OCT petrol which is a RON (Researched Octal number for all Honda VTEC and Toyota VVTI and Dual VVTI), currently i use for my daily driving and my ride is a Honda Civic 1.6 VTEC with a non CVT gear box and it does max 11 in urban with carefull driving and 14 in extra urban.

Edited by KI4120

If every thing else is good your driving style will give you considerable difference in fuel consumption.

To some people driving is only accelerating fron one point to another and breaking. Avoid that and if you are in light traffic maintain constant spead as long as you can.

Edited by MkX

Our Alion (A1.5) does max 11 (With very very carful driving keeping RPM less 2K) in city and 14 @ extra urban --- Combine its max 11-12 km/l

But to be very honest and nothing but the truth..nothing could match with a 2000/2002 Honda Civic Ferio (ES1 JDM) 1.5 VTEC with EPS and CVT..by my own experience..i owned it 3 years back..and it was doing 12-14 (in keeping with ECO indicator ON) in URBAN and Seriously 18 max in extra urban. But for every car i only and strickly pump 95OCT petrol which is a RON (Researched Octal number for all Honda VTEC and Toyota VVTI and Dual VVTI), currently i use for my daily driving and my ride is a Honda Civic 1.6 VTEC with a non CVT gear box and it does max 11 in urban with carefull driving and 14 in extra urban.

Hey man!

Do you know there is one cool dude called Nihal (He is the CEO of some Fiber Optic thing called Cisco or I think Crisco)

His Allion does 22 kmpl.

Just check it in Allion A15 fuel efficiency thread. Its full of fun. :rolleyes:

I recall this from season 11.

Watch till the end..its not the machine alone..its the driver the biggest culprit...Driving style plays the major role.

MINIACE

Lovely...! This is... by far the most realistic clip, I've seen.... :blink:

+1

Since we're in this topic, I calculated my fuel economy today. City driving - 10mpg which converts to about 3.5kmpl. Damn! :violent-smiley-030: Only way I see this improving is park the car and walk...

Edited by madmax