• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Are There Any Local Racing Events Happening Soon?

m3cAnIx

got some news from kandy

qualifying is going to happen on friday night starting at 8

race will be sat starting around 8

town will pretty much be evacuated from 5 onwards and designated spots given for people to watch. so make sure you come early as there isn't a whole lot of spots to watch from.

crowd control is going to be the major problem. so make sure you get there early.

Sunday Times News - Sunday March 06, 2011 - http://www.sundaytimes.lk/110306/News/nws_26.html

Spoke in wheel for Kandy night motor race

By L. B. Senaratne

A night-time motor race in Kandy, scheduled for next Saturday, may not take place if the Public Property Protection Society has its way. The race, for which roads will have to be closed to the public, has drawn sharp criticism of the organisers and the Kandy Police.

Municipal Council member Anura Gonawela told the Sunday Times that the organisers. the Sri Lanka Motorcycle Club and the Kandy Offroad Adventure Club backed by Sports Minister Mahindananda Aluthgamage and other influential government supporters, should have obtained prior permission from the Kandy Municipality. He said the historic city of Kandy was not a suitable venue for this type of' “play.”

The route for the night race includes Peradeniya Road, Colombo Street, Yatinuwara Veediya, Kande Veediya, D. S. Senanayake Veediya, and Sangharaja Mawatha. A part of George E. de Silva Mawatha, the starting point for the race, will also be closed.

Kandy Night Race

Did any of you guys just came home after watching first day events. Tomorrow you have to buy tickets for Rs.100 or Rs.500.

3 cars and one bike already met with accidents during the races. Got some videos from my mobile.

Edited by MkX
  • Like 1

It only took 4 hours after your statement tongue.gif

Yeh.. I was wondering the same as soon as rain starts like nothing suddenly. :lol:

What did you do :angry::P

ShanX,BlueHaze,nexus are you guys coming today.. I will be coming around 9.30 and hope to see from Yatinuwara Veediya.

Edited by MkX

Yeh.. I was wondering the same as soon as rain starts like nothing suddenly. :lol:

What did you do :angry::P

ShanX,BlueHaze,nexus are you guys coming today.. I will be coming around 9.30 and hope to see from Yatinuwara Veediya.

i will try my best to come :)