• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Civic Ek3 To Sir

RLan

Hi guys,

My brother-in-law said that we can get an EK3 and convert it to a 1.8 SiR (Sorry if I sound bit funny, I don't know much about Hondas). Now, I know that SiR is quite powerful. What I wanna findout is?

(1.) Are there any reliable places where I can get this done?

(2.) How much would it cost?

(3.) How would the performance be?

(4.) Fuel consumption?

(5.) Anything else worth mentioning?

It's not that I'm gonna go ahead and do it immediately. I'm just looking at the possibilities ;)

Thanks in advance guys.

RLan

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys,

My brother-in-law said that we can get an EK3 and convert it to a 1.8 SiR (Sorry if I sound bit funny, I don't know much about Hondas). Now, I know that SiR is quite powerful. What I wanna findout is?

(4.) Fuel consumption?

It's not that I'm gonna go ahead and do it immediately. I'm just looking at the possibilities ;)

Thanks in advance guys.

RLan

Dude,

Jst go ahead n do the conversion.. don't worry too much about fuel consumption, If it is performance you are looking for..! I did something similar, and very happy with it.

Else, it'll be like wanting to marry Halle Berry n wondering if you could feed her Dhal and rice. :lol:

Dude,

Jst go ahead n do the conversion.. don't worry too much about fuel consumption, If it is performance you are looking for..! I did something similar, and very happy with it.

Else, it'll be like wanting to marry Halle Berry n wondering if you could feed her Dhal and rice. :lol:

Sounds interesting. Seriously, if it's Halle Berry I'm marrying. I don't give a shit about Dhal and rice. ;)

there are quite a few places that can do this but i recommend zakie as he is very good with hondas.

the conversion itself will be very costly. guestimate about 400k and up just for the conversion without labour.

performance will be night and day difference compared to a stock ek any day

Well a proper research isn't a bad thing I suppose. :rolleyes:

heh heh yeah, you have been researching a lot <_<

There were few SiR conversions, even EK ones, you could contact owner of those and ask them their experiences. If you hav 300k+ in hand go ahead and do it :D

Edited by shanX

heh heh yeah, you have been researching a lot <_<

There were few SiR conversions, even EK ones, you could contact owner of those and ask them their experiences. If you hav 300k+ in hand go ahead and do it :D

Lol, indeed bro. :action-smiley-060: It's not easy making your mind up. Especially so in Sri Lanka. Went to see some P11s, total rubbish. (Good ones are taken?)

Not actually bothered about the fuel consumption. Just being curious.

By the way, where can I find them owners? So basically you can get it done for around 400k? Also my brother-in-law said conversion includes engine, gearbox, suspension and gauge cluster etc. is that the case? Cheers.

Lol, indeed bro. :action-smiley-060: It's not easy making your mind up. Especially so in Sri Lanka. Went to see some P11s, total rubbish. (Good ones are taken?)

By the way, where can I find them owners? So basically you can get it done for around 400k? Also my brother-in-law said conversion includes engine, gearbox, suspension and gauge cluster etc. is that the case? Cheers.

400k is a lot of money for an engine swap... how much of a power gain would you see after the conversion???

Apart from what you mentioned above, you might wanna check the wire harness too... in my case I had to change it and also the gauges. Used the same gear box, but ordered an LSD (still waiting for it). Increased the front disks to 10" 22mm and ordered disks for the rear.

Take some pics of the process.. cheers.

Edited by Bugatti

there are quite a few places that can do this but i recommend zakie as he is very good with hondas.

the conversion itself will be very costly. guestimate about 400k and up just for the conversion without labour.

performance will be night and day difference compared to a stock ek any day

Thanks fuzzo, where can I find Zakie? Will he be providing all the parts and etc.?

400k is a lot of money for an engine swap... how much of a power gain would you see after the conversion???

Apart from what you mentioned above, you might wanna check the wire harness too... in my case I had to change it and also the gauges. Used the same gear box, but ordered an LSD (still waiting for it). Increased the front disks to 10" 22mm and ordered disks for the rear.

Take some pics of the process.. cheers.

Thanks Bugatti, well from performance wise if I'd be able to sit somewhere near 7-8sec 0-100kmph mark would be nice.

The car I'm planning to do the conversion is a 2000 EK3 auto. (If I decide to go ahead). Well looks like I have to change pretty much everything. :blink:

How much would a 2000 EK3 SiR be?

Thanks Bugatti, well from performance wise if I'd be able to sit somewhere near 7-8sec 0-100kmph mark would be nice.

The car I'm planning to do the conversion is a 2000 EK3 auto. (If I decide to go ahead). Well looks like I have to change pretty much everything. :blink:

Converting an Auto, is a waste IMO... you rather go for a manual...

Converting an auto would be would be of not much use,Try to find a manual 1

gearbox doesnt matter as long as he is getting a full conversion kit <_<

heh heh that's what I was also wondering, how could the transmission matter, as he is gonna do a full conversion :unsure:

yeah keep researching :angry-smiley-048: lol

hmm, well, maybe you should get in contact with some local honda people, lyk zakie ...etc, as others suggested. 400k, mayb for the B18? No idea though.

Edited by shanX

Hi guys,

(4.) Fuel consumption?

Thanks in advance guys.

RLan

the SiR is a 1.6

(1.) The SiR engine is reliable

(2.) 350K for the conversion kit. labour charges im not sure about

(3.) it gives out 170BHP

(4.)

(5.) The SiR engine in the Ek sedan would not be fast as doing it to a hatch. because of the power to weight factor

The conversion is pretty straight forward if u have the correct parts... Zakie has already done plenty of EK3 conversions with the B series engines. U will need the following. And make sure u have all the stuff before starting a project. The b series conversions are getting rarer so don't expect to find stuff easily...

1. Engine

2. Gear Box

3. ECU

4. Wire harness Or Zakie will be able to modify the current EK3 harness.

5. Shift linkage.

6. Axels Hubs and brake disks

7. Subframe.

8. Engine Mounts.

The conversion is quit simple if u can get all the stuff from a EK9... A EG6 conversion won't fit directly to a EK3 and you will need the correct parts mentioned above. The conversion is pretty expensive and will cost you around 500K. Just make sure u get a good engine and GB as these are almost 8-14 years old :)..

the SiR is a 1.6

(1.) The SiR engine is reliable

(2.) 350K for the conversion kit. labour charges im not sure about

(3.) it gives out 170BHP

(4.)

(5.) The SiR engine in the Ek sedan would not be fast as doing it to a hatch. because of the power to weight factor

So you guys really think he should spend Rs 400,000 + for a 50hp gain? You can't be serious!??!

Never driven an Integra, isn't Integra comes with 1.8L engine, what about the performance of Integra? Isn't it worthy for go for an Integra instead of the conversion.

And well I feel it's unfair to put down the question of performance Vs fuel consumption of 1.8 - 2.0 liters engines.

Neither we are not talking about V8 engines here nor Ferrari/Lamborghini, etc . So an average guy who can't offered to pay all his money for highly over priced fuel in Sri Lanka and wants a above average performance, wanna know about fuel consumption is well justifiable.

Also is there any 2nd hand market for used engine, gear box and other parts after the conversion?