• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Civic Ek3 To Sir

RLan

I think there is a place on Cotta Road in Borella. Near where madmax used to live. Passing the Keells going towards Rajagiriya, but well before the rail crossing. Some kinda Euro specializing place. I'm not recommending, I haven't seen the work, but I remember max had him BMW there once, so maybe he can say?

Thanks Pericles. I found a guy near Thalangama police station. Throve automobile something. The guys name is Aruna. He seems to be good.

It had a gear box prom. The mechanic recommended replacing clutch, pressure plate bearing etc.. etc.. but didn't work. Then it was diagnosed to be an issue with a sensor, that too replaced but nothing worked. Finally sold it.

But don't be discouraged by this.. I'm sure there is more than one person out there who specializes in Pugs.

Do you know if this is a guy called Aruna? I'm currently getting things done with Aruna. He seems to be good.

wish you all the best with your new car.

Thanks 'da coolest'.

I Know im a bit late on this, have been off the forum for yonks due to some work stuff... anyway many congrats RLan, as a former user of a 406 I can tell you that they are extremely awesome cars in most respects: Fabulously comfortable, well equipped mechanically tough and a blast to drive. The key thing is getting the mechanicals in A1 condition. Oh and also, if any niggling little issues with the electrics crop up, its best to just learn to live with them... :)

I figure you may have already found the place by now but in case you haven't, the Pug repair place is in pelawatte, just a little way past the buddasa stadium and the Kart track if you're coming from Battaramulla. Its called French Lion Motors.

Thanks Supra_Natural. I'm currently doing servicing at Throve automobile near Thalangama police station. The guy's name is Aruna. Any feedback on him? Thanks in advance.

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry to dig up an age old thread but just was interested, cuz after all the searching I could do, accidently met up with the white SiR with HS- plates which is supposed to be in Kandy, and suddenly became a rare sighting from a few months. Never knew the guy above my house had bought it and I lived 2 months or so just 50m from it blink.gif , but he ain't selling it, atleast not right now, so thought of asking what are the choices left? So is EK3 to SiR a worthwhile conversion guys?? Searched but no one seems to state the rough price for an SiR now, so I've no idea either, could anyone tell? Is it less expensive to convert an EK3 or buy an EK4 straight?

@RLan - Could you tell more about the SiRs, Integra's, VZRs, P11s that you checked please? :) And rough price figures? I know performance cars usually have a worse market here cuz of the bad fuel consumption problem...

I'm sorry to dig up an age old thread but just was interested, cuz after all the searching I could do, accidently met up with the white SiR with HS- plates which is supposed to be in Kandy, and suddenly became a rare sighting from a few months. Never knew the guy above my house had bought it and I lived 2 months or so just 50m from it blink.gif , but he ain't selling it, atleast not right now, so thought of asking what are the choices left? So is EK3 to SiR a worthwhile conversion guys?? Searched but no one seems to state the rough price for an SiR now, so I've no idea either, could anyone tell? Is it less expensive to convert an EK3 or buy an EK4 straight?

@RLan - Could you tell more about the SiRs, Integra's, VZRs, P11s that you checked please? :) And rough price figures? I know performance cars usually have a worse market here cuz of the bad fuel consumption problem...

previous owner has sold it for 22.75 i met him last week.

^ LOL that's funny. You were asking about that car on this forum xD

Yeah, funny it is and I was stunned to see that there unsure.gif But the sad thing is that it seems to be mostly kept at home, safely in the garage, and a March for everyday use. Atleast that'd keep it in good condition :) If it hopefully doesn't crash like that poor blue STi, maybe, one day... biggrin.gif

previous owner has sold it for 22.75 i met him last week.

Hmm, on the steep side for me right now. But that's way better than that wierd blue EG6 which was 2M.

Thanks btw! :)

So you reckon that's cheaper or converting your car to a B16A?

PS - Was previous owner Ch*m*nd* W**r*s*ngh* by any chance?

Edited by BLu3HaZe

Yeah, funny it is and I was stunned to see that there unsure.gif But the sad thing is that it seems to be mostly kept at home, safely in the garage, and a March for everyday use. Atleast that'd keep it in good condition :) If it hopefully doesn't crash like that poor blue STi, maybe, one day... biggrin.gif

Hmm, on the steep side for me right now. But that's way better than that wierd blue EG6 which was 2M.

Thanks btw! :)

So you reckon that's cheaper or converting your car to a B16A?

PS - Was previous owner Ch*m*nd* W**r*s*ngh* by any chance?

yeah he was the previous owner and the owner of wilxxes automobiles. i know the current owner too..had a good collection of cars time to time..including a manual es3 rs and a carina GT..he may not keep this also for too long..better keep an eye on it if yu are interested.

Edited by evergreen

Ah ok, well that's nice to know :) My family knows the former owner but not me unfortunately. And as for the Carina GT (pale green?) and all, so that's why some good cars keep on popping up in our drive :) And yea he doesn't seem to keep for long. Addition to that, seen a green Impreza, another blue one, a Cedia, a red EK with smoke lenses etc.?

Thanks for the tip btw!