• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Car Ac ???

Uditha88

Hi All,

The car has auto controlled AC Unit. When I switch on the AC, the fan starts automatically.

my question is,

Does it save fuel if I only OFF the AC whenever I feel the cool is enough inside the car?

[but still the blower or the Fan is running. I can do switch of only the AC through car's AC control panel's [AC] button]

Simply the Q is: Does it consume fuel if I only run the blower? : Something like this....

Thanks All.

IMO, running with the AC itself off wont give you that significant a savings in fuel costs. and turning off the blower is even smaller. you'd probably save more petrol if you made sure you make sure your tires have the proper pressure or left all the unwanted things thats just sitting the trunk or rear seat weighing the car down.

The AC button is there to turn on or off the cooling function hence it is directly connected to the AC compressor. When you turn it off, it disengages the compressor clutch and as a result the engine would run with less burden which might lead to some reduction in fuel consumption. However, in the long run, you might not actually notice an improvement in fuel consumption simply because the extra burden you'd be putting on the AC sys. with repeated cooling down cycles from a higher ambient temp.IMO you should either use it the way it suppose to be used or not use it at all..Its totally up to you :)

The AC button is there to turn on or off the cooling function hence it is directly connected to the AC compressor. When you turn it off, it disengages the compressor clutch and as a result the engine would run with less burden which might lead to some reduction in fuel consumption. However, in the long run, you might not actually notice an improvement in fuel consumption simply because the extra burden you'd be putting on the AC sys. with repeated cooling down cycles from a higher ambient temp.IMO you should either use it the way it suppose to be used or not use it at all..Its totally up to you :)

Thanks buddy

But tell me,

After AC off and blower running, still I feel I'm cooled for a while. After again I feel uncomfortable and press "AC" button and make AC ON.

My Q is, while the time switched OFF the AC (Blower only runs), does blower or AC system still uses Engine power or in other words Patrol?

Thanks all who replied...

Thanks buddy

But tell me,

After AC off and blower running, still I feel I'm cooled for a while. After again I feel uncomfortable and press "AC" button and make AC ON.

My Q is, while the time switched OFF the AC (Blower only runs), does blower or AC system still uses Engine power or in other words Patrol?

No machan, the blower does not put any burden on the engine as its just using electricity. However, this would slightly increase the engine rpm which is totally negligible( you might not actually notice the increase in rpm unless you are connected to an digital rpm gauge) compared to the stress that an AC compressor puts on an engine.. :)

Thanks buddy

But tell me,

you will get cooler air coming from the blower even after switching the ac off for a while. this is due to the fact that the cooler unit of the ac system usually get a lot cooler than the air flow you get and it takes a little while for it to get back to ambient temp

very simply put....when you have AC on...the compressor is engaged adding more stress on the engine...which in turns makes the engine burn a bit more gas.

the moment you switch off AC the compressor dis-engages from the engine allowing the engine to run with a lesser load and due to that...lesser fuel!

having the blower on or off has very little impact on fuel burn....it just east up power and contributes little to bad fuel economy IMHHO

hmm there may be a slight increase in fuel efficiency by switching off the AC button...but i wouldn't recommend doing it in front of company,especially if you are on a date... :D

looks like you have had some bad experience :P

hmm there may be a slight increase in fuel efficiency by switching off the AC button...but i wouldn't recommend doing it in front of company,especially if you are on a date... :D

hehehee agree... and personally I dont think the savings is THAT significant considering the hassle of turning it on and off....

looks like you have had some bad experience :P

:lol:

Nope!...It's just that I dont wanna come off as being a cheapskate to any potential Mrs.Masterdon candidates...

hehehee agree... and personally I dont think the savings is THAT significant considering the hassle of turning it on and off....

Exactly!

:lol:

Nope!...It's just that I dont wanna come off as being a cheapskate to any potential Mrs.Masterdon candidates...

Exactly!

mrs. masterdon candidates... thats a good one... :rolleyes:

i have to agree on the increased stress on the AC system.. especially on hot days.. but at night this might work..

On this forum? .... Damn, I guess hope does spring eternal. :lol:

aiyooo...no bung...what I meant was that I don't appear cheap during dates..that is a big turn off I heard

and FYI I'm not desperate enough to search for a spouse in a forum containing a bunch of hairy ass blokes...not yet atleast :P:lol: