• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Has Any One Bought Anything From E Bay ?

Sumiya

How much did you pay? and what was the price for it? or just let me know the percentage of the tax you pay.

GOD... I think only thing now I have is just praying...! GOD...

well,i used the USPS express mail and you can see the charges from their web site.

actually i didnt have to play anything. because m uncle is working in central mail exchange, he cleared it for me. :D

But the normal procedure is to play customs tax and get the TRCSL approval. so most of the people dont hesitate to do the procedure because if you can "talk with" the custom officer, things can be worked out.i am not telling you to do that but that is what happens.

For anyone who hasn't already read this

https://parcel.upu.o...m_LK_LKA_EN.pdf

http://www.customs.gov.lk/tariff/chapter852011.pdf

Do not let officers exploit our lack of knowledge on what items are subject to duty and what percentage. After all they have published this information on the web, so we can't blame them if we are still not 'in the know'.

Edited by volvo4life
  • Like 1

well,i used the USPS express mail and you can see the charges from their web site.

actually i didnt have to play anything. because m uncle is working in central mail exchange, he cleared it for me. :D

But the normal procedure is to play customs tax and get the TRCSL approval. so most of the people dont hesitate to do the procedure because if you can "talk with" the custom officer, things can be worked out.i am not telling you to do that but that is what happens.

Well, the phone is at the Central Mail exchange. Went to clear it last Friday. But I was unable to TALK with the officer. At that time there were 3 custom officers. Therefore had to go with procedures. Wasted 1 hour at the mail exchange due to lunch. then it was 2 pm when I receive the ticket to obtain TRCSL approval. At the TRC it took another 1 hour to issue me the letter. In that time its too late to go to the Import and Export ..... department to get the license. Therefore I have to continue it by Monday. May have to get a one day leave for that.

Edited by Nirosha

Well, the phone is at the Central Mail exchange. Went to clear it last Friday. But I was unable to TALK with the officer. At that time there were 3 custom officers. Therefore had to go with procedures. Wasted 1 hour at the mail exchange due to lunch. then it was 2 pm when I receive the ticket to obtain TRCSL approval. At the TRC it took another 1 hour to issue me the letter. In that time its too late to go to the Import and Export ..... department to get the license. Therefore I have to continue it by Monday. May have to get a one day leave for that.

Exactly how much are you saving by importing the Galaxy S? I think the price difference in small now. I'm assuming you imported a brand new one.

For anyone who hasn't already read this

https://parcel.upu.o...m_LK_LKA_EN.pdf

http://www.customs.g...apter852011.pdf

Do not let officers exploit our lack of knowledge on what items are subject to duty and what percentage. After all they have published this information on the web, so we can't blame them if we are still not 'in the know'.

IMHO, if you want to get your item released ASAP, I've found it best not to assert one's civil rights inside the post office.

Edit: having said that, my most recent purchases, a Sansa Clip+ and pair of Phonak PFE 112s arrived at doorstep yesterday. The container of the Sansa had the following stamped on it:

"RECEIVED LETTER/PACKET SELLO TAPE PASTED/STAPLED ASK YOUR SENDER NOT TO REPEAT Date...... SUPERVISING OFFICER F.C.O.H REG. BRANCH CME. COLOMBO-10"

I think they were unable to open it for inspection maybe? But in that case they could have detained it. This is the first time I've come across this message.

Edited by terrabytetango

Exactly how much are you saving by importing the Galaxy S? I think the price difference in small now. I'm assuming you imported a brand new one.

It is a LG G2X (Optimus 2X). Half of the local price. Yes. It's a brand new one.

Interesting.... usually they just detain the parcel and open it in front of you. Thanks for sharing this.

I agree with you about not trying to assert civil rights inside the post office. The last time I went there I had a friendly chat with the customs officer about his 4DR5 and he charged me only a small amount. Later I found out that the item I collected was not subject to duty nor VAT. So I though I'll share the links anyway.

IMHO, if you want to get your item released ASAP, I've found it best not to assert one's civil rights inside the post office.

Edit: having said that, my most recent purchases, a Sansa Clip+ and pair of Phonak PFE 112s arrived at doorstep yesterday. The container of the Sansa had the following stamped on it:

"RECEIVED LETTER/PACKET SELLO TAPE PASTED/STAPLED ASK YOUR SENDER NOT TO REPEAT Date...... SUPERVISING OFFICER F.C.O.H REG. BRANCH CME. COLOMBO-10"

I think they were unable to open it for inspection maybe? But in that case they could have detained it. This is the first time I've come across this message.