• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Tinted Glasses

severe checking around colombo for the tints. Just removed the tints on both my front windows..damn hot to drive around without them and AC needs to be in full blast. I just didnt want to argue with the cops and also go through the hassle of going to the god forsaken cop shed to collect my license, just saving all the hassle.

Feel kinda exposed without the tints..and vulnarable too if you are driving around with someone you wouldnt want others to see... :P

Soo stupid a.holes might definitely ask us to remove all tints all around. Anyway any tips on how to remove tints without leaving scratches on glass?? Maybe a DIY? lol :unsure:

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ShanX- There is a car accesory shop near my office(opposite empire residencies) where i got the tint done, so just took it to him last evening and he just ripped it out. Left no marks. The owner was saying last evening around 20 cars came over to remove the front tints.

Soo stupid a.holes might definitely ask us to remove all tints all around. Anyway any tips on how to remove tints without leaving scratches on glass?? Maybe a DIY? lol :unsure:

Assuming your tint is the standard type, it isnt difficult at all, just start separating it carefully from the glass starting at the top edge. As long as it's done slowly and carefully should come off quite easily. Just removed my front tint that way, very annoying since its barely been two months since i got it done!

I too heard about this during lunch today. I, for one, am glad they've implemented this. I've come across so many vehicles (pretty sure they're non govt) which have tinted windows with just a cut out for the door mirrors. The fact that they need to have them highlights reduced visibility. One can only wonder how they're able to cope with intersections at dusk, when its dark yet most people haven't switched on their lights. And it only gets worse at night.

I too heard about this during lunch today. I, for one, am glad they've implemented this. I've come across so many vehicles (pretty sure they're non govt) which have tinted windows with just a cut out for the door mirrors. The fact that they need to have them highlights reduced visibility. One can only wonder how they're able to cope with intersections at dusk, when its dark yet most people haven't switched on their lights. And it only gets worse at night.

As I can remember U haven't agreed on this topic during lunch time :P

Never thought of it that way, but you have a pretty valid point on going against front tints.

But I dont think road-safety was the MoD's concern. Hence i dont see any rationalization behind it..

Never thought of it that way, but you have a pretty valid point on going against front tints.

But I dont think road-safety was the MoD's concern. Hence i dont see any rationalization behind it..

oh well...i have a very light tint in the front. Never did get copped during the height of war etc when so many restrictions were being imposed.

Also i've not had any issues with visibility after dark or even in bad weather...

So this really isn't about safety :angry-smiley-048:

and those fully tinted ones with only the mirror space cut out...those are not that common and if they wanted to ban those, they could've allowed the older rule of a lighter tint

ShanX- There is a car accesory shop near my office(opposite empire residencies) where i got the tint done, so just took it to him last evening and he just ripped it out. Left no marks. The owner was saying last evening around 20 cars came over to remove the front tints.

I thot the same, but the buggers i goto, would charge atleast 100/= to do that, lol. So am better off with Supra_Natural's method. And yeah i also got the tint on front windows just recently and it was the lightest tint

There's plenty of front tinted vehicles that run around colombo streets acting like they're VIPs (they're not). I'm glad this is being enacted, but I hope it's going to be enacted on people with influence as well. BTW, front tinting is not allowed in most parts of the US as well as of last two years (at least in the States I have lived in).

But what happens to cars where the tint is factory applied and does not come off? That's what I'm wondering.

I don't think that the above mentioned acting VIPs will remove there tints. Most of the cops afraid even to talk to them. If you ride a defender , SUV like prado or montero, luxury car like jaguar or benz, No rules at all. All the bull shit rules & regulations are applicable to the people like us riding normal middle class vehicles :)

This is another bullshit decision got by Gota..They have only power..No brains :violent-smiley-030:

well i dont mind...cos when I drive I want the world to see how awesome I am and let them bask in my eternal glory...ave moir! :D

Like Elizabeth Moir? :P or were you trying for Moi? Mixing Latin and French is confusing.

Besides, thought you favor the topless look.... Cars that is :D

Ha ha ha ha ha! Good one! Same here.... :)

well for both you guys...especially don... you'll have to be driving pretttty slow for people to take a full look at you :P

Like Elizabeth Moir? :P or were you trying for Moi? Mixing Latin and French is confusing.

Besides, thought you favor the topless look.... Cars that is :D

yeah yeah peri it's moi...lol...excuse me french! :P

and yeah I always prefer top less...heehee

I don't think that the above mentioned acting VIPs will remove there tints. Most of the cops afraid even to talk to them. If you ride a defender , SUV like prado or montero, luxury car like jaguar or benz, No rules at all. All the bull shit rules & regulations are applicable to the people like us riding normal middle class vehicles :)

This is another bullshit decision got by Gota..They have only power..No brains :violent-smiley-030:

Hehe good one!!! only power and no brains doesn't last long!

factory tint is allowed.. and most vehicles have the dark tint only in the rear.. the front set is always clear or tinted very lightly

Are you sure fuzzo??? I remember back in the days there was a law that you can't register a vehicle if the factory tint is above the legal limit. Lot of imported buses had this problem and the importer had to import clear glasses to replace the tinted ones. I find it amusing that they have loosen this law at a time people are deprived of lot of basic things in the name of national security.