• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Driving With High Beam On- So Irritating

I too desperately wish the idiots would stop following me with high beams, they are so irritating on the mirrors, anti-glare or not.

It's not a problem on open roads where you could easily go faster or let the idiots pass, but on traffic .. arrggh!!

Our MC's/UC's and other authorities are partly responsible for this issue as we hv not managed the street lighting properly at all.

If they are willing to invest in a long-term, sustainable solution for street lighting which would switch on and off at proper light levels and ensure that a wider area of roads are covered with proper lighting, then there will be no need to use the high beams at all.

I almost never use my highbeams in Colombo but you cant fault people for trying to see better in darker areas.

i suppose people with either poor vision or wanting see more should use a pair of auxiliary light aimed low and wide.

I had a pair on my truck that would light up a wide area, say a good 30ft of the the vehicle. Unfortunately the bloody thing went missing after i removed it for a quick refurb...

I've noticed many lady drivers seeking added safety behind their high beams :P

90% the time i hit my heads to get an approaching car to dip theirs... there's a lady driver both pissed off and shocked behind the wheel :D

Call 119 and inform them about these idiots.

Last Saturday night I was irritated by a low bed long vehicle. The bugger has switched on four halogen lights to illuminate the trailer while it was empty. I was going behind him and it was like constantly glaring at head lights of an on coming vehicle. He was so stupid and not allowing to over take the vehicle I had to travel behind him all the way from Opanayaka and .Pelmadulla. I informed 119 and traffic police caught the bugger