• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Colombo Road Race

Grand Civic

Heard the stalls were selling a bottles of coke for 600 bucks !! What a rip off.. Was tha with or without rum?

Shame. The booze at the Electric Peacock thing was quite cheap when considering normal places. A 50 shot of Vodka and small plastic bottle of Sprite came to 400/- Smirnoff bottle was advertised at 3k.

And Nissan V6 > Lambo V10 :D Woo!! But damn those Porsches were quick.

LOL..fanboy! :P ...The Lambo was taking it easy bung,he was hardly pushing it.

Heard the stalls were selling a bottles of coke for 600 bucks !! What a rip off.. Was tha with or without rum?

I can believe that.I bought a small water bottle for 100Rs!!! :action-smiley-060:

LOL..fanboy! :P ...The Lambo was taking it easy bung,he was hardly pushing it.

I can believe that.I bought a small water bottle for 100Rs!!! :action-smiley-060:

Of course, never denied it. And you're lucky. Small water bottle at the Hilton is generally 125.

Ado, seeing your video angle, you should have been in an area that you could have seen Sharky and me. I moved for the GT4s, but I was there for a few hours near the start line.

Of course, never denied it. And you're lucky. Small water bottle at the Hilton is generally 125.

Ado, seeing your video angle, you should have been in an area that you could have seen Sharky and me. I moved for the GT4s, but I was there for a few hours near the start line.

Yeah me and Milindu were at the start/finish for a couple hours then moved toward turn 1 in front of the Hilton.Saw Sharky,but didn't see you.

Around 4 - when formula fords were running. Near the WTC/Intercon turn - just learnt that one of the guys was a former classmate, ouch!

Ah ok, thats where I stood all night. SOOO much better than the stupid V*P areas, but you're right there were a ton of idiots there, standing on the sandbags. I did have to stand on them myself a few times because I couldn't get a clear shot. The police didn't much at all to keep spectators back, even the marshals were fed up. The climax for me was when the orange raging bull pulled up quite literally in front of me to join the queue back into the service area.

All the overpriced stuff were in the WTC area. Asked the price of a seeni sambol bun...Rs 300!!!

Glad I didn't go for the V*P or more expensive tickets. The Rs 250 stands which were elevated had the best view by far. When I heard that tickets were not being checked and anyone could go to any area, me and a few friends went over to WTC side, but we turned back immediately. Ppl were standing all over the place blocking most of the views.

Edited by jehan80

I heard the guests from the wedding you were at were cursing trying to get out afterwards! Some had to turn up at 4pm for the wedding..

I heard the guests from the wedding you were at were cursing trying to get out afterwards! Some had to turn up at 4pm for the wedding..

:) might have been. We made the best of it. And I had to come at two for the shoot. Shooting from 2pm to 5.30am with only 1 meal. I must be nuts!

But anyway, they opened the roads just after the couple went away (into the hotel, since they couldn't go away in a car with that street situ :)) I was waiting a long time to see the first race, which was the Motards.

BTW, those motards impressed me. Its usually one of the most boring events to watch on the track, but they were seriously fast last night. Interesting, even Gayan Sandaruwan was running. He seems to have enjoyed himself, judging by FB, tho I didn't see him finish.

no terry that was a brilliant move. one of my friends showed up with two sili-sili bags full of chips and water and coke. thank god he did! wsan't gonna pay 600 for a koththu that had its worth of chilli.

organizing was seriously lacking in many depts. i felt sorry for those who coughed out the serious dough and expected barriers between them and the hoi-polloi. that must have been a bitter pill to swallow.

but to see a lambo and two porshes roar past roads i grew up on, wow... just can't describe that feeling

no terry that was a brilliant move. one of my friends showed up with two sili-sili bags full of chips and water and coke. thank god he did! wsan't gonna pay 600 for a koththu that had its worth of chilli.

Yep us too, went to the SLECC and grabbed all we can eat before the start

One thing was there was no checking of tickets. I bought 250/- and went there by 5pm to get to the top of cargills stand near the bend. after midnight went around all the way around to WTC, BOC, Galadari and opposite hilton. Those were great places to get some nice shots but some were too fast for my stock camera.

Been terribly let down by poor organization on the spectators front but not complaining at all as the event was bloody awesome.

Been moving freely around the track and enjoying rooftop views from Galadari, feeling the GT3 overruns as they downshift for the intercon corner in WTC stand, cheering for the SLGT cars at the finish line, did it all

Got home at 8.30AM after dropping off the buddies and slept till 5.00PM

An awesome weekend indeed…

totally agree with you guys best place was the 250 stands ,The motorcycle paddock gave a clear view of the main corner right before WTC.Too bad 2 or 3 of the polos crashed along with ashan silvas unexpected incident ,thanks to some one who was lying last .