• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Rolls-royce 101ex

Overdrive

Rolls-Royce has unveiled its latest expermental car: the 101EX, a design study that explores the theme of a modern Grand Tourer coupé. Among the features, a carbon fiber body and many trims made out of solid aluminum.

Rolls-Royce 101EX is a concept that explores a design direction for a modern coupé, as well as new possible markets for the brand.

It is based on the Phantom model, with which it shares the engine and the aluminum spaceframe,

The body panels are completely new and made of carbon fibre composite.

The bonnet and windscreen surround are finished in brushed aluminium, while the door handles and exhaust tail pipes are hewn from solid aluminium.

The Rolls-Royce 101EX is powered by a 6.75-litre V12 engine, equipepd with direct fuel injection and variable valve lift and timing. It delivers 75 per cent of its maximum torque at just 1000 rpm, giving the smooth, unstressed performance associated with Rolls-Royce.

rollslanding7ug.jpg

rollsroyce101ex2lg6ss.jpg

rollsroyce101ex3lg8as.jpg

Yeah it does. Very much like it. Same concept. Introduce a 2 door after having a succesful 4.Except in Bentley it was the other way about.

exactly what i was thinking... somehow RR is something that breaks in with a 4 door while bently comes in with 2...

though i personally dont find this RR that appealing.. the cabin leanth doesnt seem long enough...

exactly what i was thinking... somehow RR is something that breaks in with a 4 door while bently comes in with 2...

though i personally dont find this RR that appealing.. the cabin leanth doesnt seem long enough...

"Rolls-Royce 101EX is a concept that explores a design direction for a modern coupé, as well as new possible markets for the brand"

Thats why! :P

• 2 years later...

now this is what a quintessentially British automobile should look like....

car_photo_283677_25.jpg

Bentley is laying its Arnage super-saloon to rest with a Final Series special edition, with only 150 being made. As well as celebrating ten years of the model, it commemorates 50 years of the marque’s V8 engine.

car_photo_283665_25.jpg

The Final Series is powered by a 500bhp, 738lb ft 6.75-litre which can trace its roots back to 1959 when Bentley introduced its first 6.23-litre V8 into the S2 saloon. Power and torque were a slightly more modest 200bhp and 295lb ft. A decade later, the capacity was increased to its current 6.75-litre-state for the T-series. Turbocharging was introduced in 1982 for the 297bhp Bentley Mulsanne Turbo, while twin-turbos made an appearance from the 450bhp, 645lb ft Arnage T of 2002 onwards.

car_photo_283671_25.jpg

The more modern iteration of the V8 in the Final Series is enough to shift the car’s two-and-a-half tonnes to 60mph on 5.2sec and onto 179mph. Other distinguishing features of the special edition Arnage include 20in, five-spoke alloys, a retractable Flying-B mascot, four Bentley umbrellas and for passengers in the back, a snazzy cocktail cabinet – complete with Bentley flask and shot glasses. On a more modern note, there’s a ten-speaker stereo complete with iPod connection.

car_photo_283668_25.jpg

All this will set you back £195,000. A big sum for a ten-year old car, but one which has outlasted its initial sister-model, the Rolls-Royce Silver Seraph, by five years thanks to a number of updates and grand special editions like this one. Expect the Arnage’s successor to move a further rung upmarket to compete with the £250k+ Rolls Phantom, distancing it from the quicker, leaner Bentley Flying Spur.

car_photo_283674_25.jpg

I love the Rolls designs. The Phantom is so imposing. They are keeping their "Britishness" yet they are very modern. Bentley by contrast is a mess. The Conti even looks like a VW to me. And the Flying Spur is extremely Korean on the outside. The interior is fantastic though.

but in typical fashion i will knitpick and say that both are fast becoming a tad bit too loud n flash for my liking...

they,much like all the others seem to have shifted focus to cater to the tasteless rapper types and the new rich folk in the US of A... ~sigh~

at the end of the day a company needs to make money i guess, or else like with most other British marques which refused to change with the times or employ a good enough business model they'll simply run themselves into the ground!

• 4 months later...

the official 200EX pics have just been released!

rollsroyce200ex2qt3.jpg

Need to Know - Rolls-Royce 200EX (RR4)

Price: About £180,000

On sale in UK: Spring 2010

Engine: BMW V12, TBA cc, TBA bhp, TBA torque

Transmission: TBA – but likely to be ZF 7-speed automatic

Performance: TBA

How heavy/made of: TBA/steel

How big (length/width/height) in mm: 5399/1948/1550

rollsroyce200ex1qr8.jpg

rollsroyce200ex4gt9.jpg

rollsroyce200ex8qc4.jpg