• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What Is The Coolest Mobile Phone????

Does the phone reset like it reboots, or does HTC Sense crash and restart? I faced similar crashes when I ran a task killer, so if you have any disable them and see. Failing that, try a factory reset. I would suggest against having it looked at by anyone unless you experience a clear failure on part of the hardware or operating system.

+1

Task killer and for some people Lookoutmobile security app also create this restart issue, anyway who need task killers, its a pointless app

just for the topic any one knows who are the agents for sony ericson..is is metropolitan ?

they don's seem to be active like samsung and nokia :unsure:

I'm guessing its Seidles? Abans had a few SE phones, along the LG and Motorola.

just for the topic any one knows who are the agents for sony ericson..is is metropolitan ?

they don's seem to be active like samsung and nokia :unsure:

Good question. I got a SE X10 mini on which the mic isnt working. I have no idea where to get it fixed. Recommendations?

I'm guessing its Seidles? Abans had a few SE phones, along the LG and Motorola.

siedles is for sony products,,,,and not for sony ericson.....abans does have the sony ericson phones as well...but not the whole range.....

Interesting..

Any Blackberry fans here? :rolleyes: Herd that Nokia is more focused on only in Smartphones and got into an agreement with Microsoft (Windows Mobile 7).

Edited by Ruslan

Interesting..

Any Blackberry fans here? :rolleyes: Herd that Nokia is more focused on only in Smartphones and got into an agreement with Microsoft (Windows Mobile 7).

I dunno if they are going to be only into smartphones going forward, but they have signed on with MS to make Win 7 phones. They are loosing ground in the low end market to all these Indian and Chinese makes. At the high end they can't compete effectively with Android/blackberry/iphone.

Interesting..

as i know Fuzzo is a BB fan, does Nokia even have any smartphones ? most of their phones comes with 600 to 800mhz processing power and very low ram, even Micromax is doing better than Nokia, Samsung is coming up with awesome Android devices with Super AMOLED 4,3 displays and HTC doing well with S-LCD 4,3 displays, but Nokia still have small 3 to 3.2 displays, Nokia X7-00 looks cool but 680 MHz cpu and 256 MB RAM :unsure:

Edited by GihanFX

own a galaxy S and its a great phone... i suggest you to go for android since it has more customizable options than iphone.. :)

if u can import,u will be able to buy a one cheaper comparing to here :)

Well currently overall features and performance wise Galaxy S II wins hands down. Design wise i really like the Xperia Arc.

Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II is an awesome phone, but look wisely kinda bulky

Edited by GihanFX

I found it quite depressing to live with, personally. We have a Milestone 1 (The original Droid) in the office for development purposes. It's a very solid device, you can feel it when you slide the keyboard out or heft it in your hand. Performance is less than stellar though, having only 256MB RAM and a slow processor works against the very sharp screen (has 54 more pixels lengthwise than my Desire S), however I've read the CPU, being a Cortex, can be successfully overclocked to 800MHz, and even 1GHz, but stability does suffer at the latter speed. If you're going for a Motorola, I'd suggest an Atrix, but their Motoblur interface is quite inferior to HTC Sense (which is tops hands down).

The very reason i was interested in the Milestone was cuz of the supposed solid (metal?) construction.

I take it'll perform better than an E71 right? But i'm looking for a replacement which is a hardy as this , given how well its dealt with the countless times its hit the ground! :o

The Atrix specs look good, but i'm looking for something with a dedicated QWERTY.

Lost faith in HTC's having used an early I-Mate mate by them running Windows mobile some years back :o

Any other smartphone options with a QWERTY which will stand up to the rigours of hard use? :huh:

Guys,

my interest in a phone is as follows.

High quality FM radio with crystal clear stereo reception ( i use the radio a lot when travelling by office bus)

3MP camera or above

Bluetooth and preferably wifi

price range the lower the better. :D

email facility a bonus but not necessary.

to be frank i have found out that most of phone the specially nokia say FM stereo in the manual and website but they do not give stereo but only mono reception in real life( my friend bought an E72 same result even though it is a high end phone, but sony ericson has a good radio.

any personal using experiences would be much appreciated.

But i'm looking for a replacement which is a hardy as this , given how well its dealt with the countless times its hit the ground! :o

The Atrix specs look good, but i'm looking for something with a dedicated QWERTY.

Wife has butter-fingers so got a Defy; bit smaller screen and not a top end processor (800MHz) but still snappy; gorilla glass display and waterproof etc.

no qwerty, but IMHO swype is faster than fiddling with little qwerty buttons

Lost faith in HTC's having used an early I-Mate mate by them running Windows mobile some years back :o

the imates were poorly built but HTC has come a long way since they started selling under the HTC brand ;)

The very reason i was interested in the Milestone was cuz of the supposed solid (metal?) construction.

I take it'll perform better than an E71 right? But i'm looking for a replacement which is a hardy as this , given how well its dealt with the countless times its hit the ground! :o

Any other smartphone options with a QWERTY which will stand up to the rigours of hard use? :huh:

Nokia N97 mini. Say what you want about Symbian as an OS, it's hard to fault the build quality and overall value proposition of the N series. Having used one myself for going on a year and half, I'm struggling to find a worthy upgrade that stacks up, amidst the (wide) selection of new model smart phones on the market. Though not designed to be a rugged phone, the 97 mini, has withstood considerable abuse yet shows only minimal scaring. It's a shame Nokia are killing off Symbian in favour of Win7 mobile, call me crazy but I will always be a fan.

HTC has certainly improved a lot in the design and build quality of their phones but are yet to crack a rock solid implementation of a full slide out QWERTY, IMO. SE seems to be cutting corners with their materials and making good looking handsets that feel cheap and plasticky, while Samsung and Motorola are locked in a tussle to see who can release the most new models every quarter, saturating the market with a myriad of uninspiring, quirky phones that do little to advance the genre.

The Nokia E7 seems, on spec, like a very decent piece of kit but having tested one out recently I'm not sold on it either. It's a bit too big to be considered pocket-able IMO and then there's the non-replaceable battery and sub-par camera, all at an unjustifiably high price for the features on offer.

I'm sticking to my N97 mini for now, at least until the new Win7 mobile based models (from Nokia) come out later this year.