• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Price Range Of Used Rx7 And Rx8

zerocool

Hey guyz,

Can someone please tell me what's the current market price range of a used RX7 (2002 model) and a RX8 (2000-2003) model, there is one adv in autolanka as well but the price hasn't mentioned.

Thanks

is the rx8 advertised in AL type S or not?

anyway these kind of cars don't have an established market rate becuase of obvious reasons. it is a case by case scenario. if i were you i would try to find how much it would cost to bring down an unreg car and then try to price the 2nd hand car as a certain percentage of the unreg car's price. but before you buy a used rx8 better checkout on the maintainability(spares and labor availability) of the wankel engine too.

is the rx8 advertised in AL type S or not?

anyway these kind of cars don't have an established market rate becuase of obvious reasons. it is a case by case scenario. if i were you i would try to find how much it would cost to bring down an unreg car and then try to price the 2nd hand car as a certain percentage of the unreg car's price. but before you buy a used rx8 better checkout on the maintainability(spares and labor availability) of the wankel engine too.

Thanks for the quick reply. I think there is no point of checking the RX8 because it will be too expensive for me anyway. Any idea about the RX7, is it over 3mil or something?

Edited by zerocool

Thanks for the quick reply. I think there is no point of checking the RX8 because it will be too expensive for me anyway. Any idea about the RX7, is it over 3mil or something?

i dont' think it is over 3 mil. i think you should even be able to get an unregistered YOM 2007 192hp rx8 for about 4-5 mil. if i were you i'd try to get the rx8 advertised in AL for your budget.

It would be nice if we could do a quick round up of all the RX-8 s on the road (similar to the recent 350z thread), I know there's a fair few more than there are 350s but it's still a relatively scarce car here. I heard of a couple changing hands last year, around the 3mil mark or slightly under even. Issues with the engine, maintenance and running costs notwithstanding, it's a tempting prospect IMO :)

Mid 90's Rx7's (FD's )should sell for under 2 Million

There aren't any late Rx7's in SL AFAIK, certainly not legit ones

i dont' think it is over 3 mil. i think you should even be able to get an unregistered YOM 2007 192hp rx8 for about 4-5 mil. if i were you i'd try to get the rx8 advertised in AL for your budget.

Should be less - the Singapore recon import Automatic Rx8's were sold unregistered for under 5 mil so given the current state, they should retail in the 3 Million range

It would be nice if we could do a quick round up of all the RX-8 s on the road (similar to the recent 350z thread), I know there's a fair few more than there are 350s but it's still a relatively scarce car here. I heard of a couple changing hands last year, around the 3mil mark or slightly under even. Issues with the engine, maintenance and running costs notwithstanding, it's a tempting prospect IMO :)

its great value for money , but that rotary worries me

not easy to list them as there are a fair number on the roads, but there have been a few crashed - the worst being a Singapore spec car in grey which was at a sale in Kirulapone - it appeared at a insurance company advert when they were selling off wrecks & scrap a few years back

Mid 90's Rx7's (FD's )should sell for under 2 Million

There aren't any late Rx7's in SL AFAIK, certainly not legit ones

Any idea, how many legit FDs are running??

Ehh sorry for thread-jacking, but it is a similar Mazda...

Edited by shanX

Should be less - the Singapore recon import Automatic Rx8's were sold unregistered for under 5 mil so given the current state, they should retail in the 3 Million range

Wow really? That's great. Unfortunately for me, i have just over 2mil. I can't take a lease because i will be paying for a loan :alc: Damn RX8 is my dream car now.

I will look out for a RX7 then, will see.

Any idea, how many legit FDs are running??

Ehh sorry for thread-jacking, but it is a similar Mazda...

No problem at all, i like to know about it as well :)

its great value for money , but that rotary worries me

True.. there's stories of it giving up at 75-100ks, if not rigorously maintained. Then there's the heavy oil/fuel consumption. Still, it's a lot of car for the money, if you can find a decent one.

not easy to list them as there are a fair number on the roads, but there have been a few crashed - the worst being a Singapore spec car in grey which was at a sale in Kirulapone - it appeared at a insurance company advert when they were selling off wrecks & scrap a few years back

I wonder how many of the manual type S cars there are though, can't be more than a handful? Is it safe to say then, that the price of a J or K regd car should be well south of 3mil, in the current climate?

True.. there's stories of it giving up at 75-100ks, if not rigorously maintained. Then there's the heavy oil/fuel consumption. Still, it's a lot of car for the money, if you can find a decent one.

I wonder how many of the manual type S cars there are though, can't be more than a handful? Is it safe to say then, that the price of a J or K regd car should be well south of 3mil, in the current climate?

Dilon had one which fit that description, & then there was the Rockland car which used to belong to Souhaine Mallalgoda which was restored -

but doubt any of them act as daily runners..

its those rotors tips :mellow:

around the 3 million mark seem like where they'll likely sell at...its too much of a hit to take for it to be sold at anything less - depreciation , lack of mkt etc etc etc in the local context i know, but still.. people will likely quote in the high 30's mid 40's - regardless of what thye'll ultimately sell for..

Wow really? That's great. Unfortunately for me, i have just over 2mil. I can't take a lease because i will be paying for a loan :alc: Damn RX8 is my dream car now.

I will look out for a RX7 then, will see.

No problem at all, i like to know about it as well :)

well that kinda money can net you another cult classic Japanese 2 door performance coupe with 220 horses to light up the rear tires ;)

& its reliable enough to run daily!!

• Like 1

well that kinda money can net you another cult classic Japanese 2 door performance coupe with 220 horses to light up the rear tires ;)

I thought you'd given up on guerilla warfare? :P

However, I would like to add that Mr Z is telling the truth here. Said car is definitely capable of reliable daily driver duty, something that Rx-7's (and i do love them) really aren't cut out for.

I say... how much do these kinda 2 door coupes sell for these days... I know of this nice chap who was trying to sell his for some time now.. :P

wonder if he has reduced the price tag.. :unsure:

I say... how much do these kinda 2 door coupes sell for these days... I know of this nice chap who was trying to sell his for some time now.. :P

he he :D

Yes yes and remember this is AL, so Fuel consumption, resale, and only 2 doors.

So price has to be half that of a 4 door LOL :P

I somehow don't think he'll feel as though the price change would effect that particular segment of car :D

....thick headed bugger you know :lol:

he he :D

Yes yes and remember this is AL, so Fuel consumption, resale, and only 2 doors.

So price has to be half that of a 4 door LOL :P

thats fantastic logic! :lol:

Since its a 2 door + 2 seater price has to be 1/3 of a 4 door :P:P:lol:

I'm so in love with the RX-8, i swear i'm gonna get one before the end of 2012. I'll rob a bank if i have to :ninja::angry-smiley-048:

Dang!!!! Still not sold??? Wanna swap that for a E36?

Dang!!!! Still not sold??? Wanna swap that for a E36?

i'm willin to exchange it for a Mercedes Benz180,VW 1200,fiat 1100,Morris Minor,Simca veddete and a mini van....6 cars for 1...good deal!

disclaimer:some cars may or may not work :P

i'm willin to exchange it for a Mercedes Benz180,VW 1200,fiat 1100,Morris Minor,Simca veddete and a mini van....6 cars for 1...good deal!

disclaimer:some cars may or may not work :P

i MAY have considered if i had the space for all those! :lol:

i MAY have considered if i had the space for all those! :lol:

I was wondering about that!!!

Went to see a E38 today... in madly in love with it... but the economic situation will not allow me to get that... ;( Oh damn, the thrum of the V8...

Edited by VVTi