• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Gtr Arrives In Sri Lanka

darinwrxsti

I cant believe the idiot who buys this car. there are no roads for it except the BIA airport runway.

:rolleyes:

Well, its his money and his car.. even if just keeps the car parked at home its still his business... Just cos you got a fast car doesnt mean you gotta drive ti fast all the time.. But should one want to there ARE roads in Sri Lanka to try out a nice fast car. And there's always the track too.

Its no from someone pocketing a Rs.2000-3000 fuel bill to goto kandu rather than buying a bus-ticket for Rs.200. But that person may value the comfort of his own car..Different people value things differently. If the value is more than ot equal to the price (and he can afford it), of course he'll buy it.

Personally I think 25mil on this is better spent than say 15mil on an E-class, considering the exclusivity (considering hw rare it is) and how much more fun it probably is to drive.

So lets not be spoilt sports, and just be happy for the lucky 'idiot' who owns it.....

Hi guys,

thanks for all the support, just want to confirm that the car was bought by us and R DBK has done the logistics and paper work.

Damn unfortunately no one drives it so i just have to keep starring at it.

Perciles and ripper- i m surprised you guys aint here he he

I cant believe the idiot who buys this car. there are no roads for it except the BIA airport runway.

No no, you can always get a day pass and run Pannala or Mirigama as much as you want :D BIA runway is short.

Plenty of other roads too. We had a driving roads thread sometime ago.

Hi guys,

thanks for all the support, just want to confirm that the car was bought by us and R DBK has done the logistics and paper work.

Weekend priority for sure dude. Kinda difficult during the work week due to working in Malabe. Unless your ok with me dropping in after dark. But its a bad week even for that, lots to do these evenings.

Edited by Pericles

OK, fine, someone please educate me as to what is RAMA DBK.

Also, not a very nice move posting a pic to which you have no copyright. Unless you do, in which case I should know you and I ought to kick your ass the next time I see you.

Mr. Perlies,

Sir,

As you have requested I write this post about Rama DBK.

Old Mr. Ramanayake was in car dealing business for long time during 1960 to 1980 he was to do only Austin/Morris cars.

Then import restrictions was lifted in 1977 he started to buy cars from the importers at that time. Shifted to Japanese Vehicles.

I had imorted more than 200 vehicles to him with my trade plate CC 235.He trusted me with millions at that time and we are still family friends.

First Japanese vehicle Exporter was interduesed to him by me then his son visited Japan and worked in a Japanese Exporter's office and he himself with a Japaneese partener started exporting vehicles to srilanka first later to entire world.

Ramanayke Automobiles was named by me and registered in registrar of companies by me.

Now Jagath Ramanayke old mr. Ramanayke's son Incorporated RAMA DBK in japan is a big time exporter in japan and had given opportunity for number of srilankans to go to Japan and better their Mechanical skills.

He Owens a building in Japan runs a web site for Automobiles and has his head office in Ratmalana opposite CTB Bus depot.

Above post is only for information not to annoy Ramanayke Automobiles I am very happy for their success in automobile Business

Wijesinghe.

Hi guys,

You know its really bad of them to put the car up on available cars on their web site :rolleyes:

####

Hi guys,

yesterday was a bad day for me :)

brought my gear and came to work today though so if i do get some time...will be there for sure :)

i hope your boys wont mind us snooping around with tripods etc yeah?

I'm sure you guys must be having to deal with lotsa fans already anyways...

Edited by Ripper

If everyone goes by that logic there shouldn't be any reason to go for over 1500cc cars in SL... How often do we get to reach top speed even in one of those...

retarded logic IMHO...

Driving pleasure comes in many ways and going really fast is just one part of it....

I would love to see how this car would handle cornering and for that you don't need super straight roads...

Went and saw the car yesterday... In lovely premium condition! Hats off to darin and BRJW for getting the car down regardless of how it was shipped... Was still being polished when i arrived but sitting in it (first time for me in a right hand drive) was quite amazing... car has done 5000km but u cant say at all... I do have pics but ill let the big boys take some and post later this week... cheers again!

Not to be an ass but why is everyone asking for pictures of this white GTR? Pictures of a white, or any color, trim, spec, are dime a dozen on the net. As far as I know they are not making a special edition for SL.

Guess its coz in the context of this country, its a rare exotic. Like seeing a Ferrari or Lambo in your neighborhood. Sorta raises you to the the exclusivity when its "one of ours", I guess.

I think the scientific term is BIRG. Basking In Reflected Glory. :D

Or maybe its just the talents of the AL photo crew, who knows :P

Went and saw the car yesterday... In lovely premium condition! Hats off to darin and BRJW for getting the car down regardless of how it was shipped... Was still being polished when i arrived but sitting in it (first time for me in a right hand drive) was quite amazing... car has done 5000km but u cant say at all... I do have pics but ill let the big boys take some and post later this week... cheers again!

Your here? Where the heck are the status updates?

Any chance we can do a two generations shoot? :)

BTW Darin, I thought I noticed a white Z there too, while passing that way some time ago. If its not a bother, any chance you can put them next to each other for our pics? :)

oh yes! there's a lovely 350z convertible there too :)

went to darin's place a lil while ago and checked out the GTR...

don't mean to sound godey or fanboyish but gosh...that car is just amazing...

no pictures would do justice cos this one...you gotta see it for yourself...stand next to it...if you're lucky....get into it and drive :)

it was bigger than the sti9 it was parked next to...felt sorry for the sti9 :(

congrats in advance for the owner of this :) one amazing machine she's going to be

not happy with my pictures and gotta say it aint easy shooting inside a showroom kinda place minus fancy flashes :(

maybe the new owner can give me a call and we can do a proper outdoor shoot :) :)

for what it's worth... this is one pic i snapped of the car.

will add a few more later :)

76489718.jpg

47750375.jpg

3copyop.jpg

Darin

it was nice meeting you finally!!! :)

will try out that micro loading thing...i was always trying to load up 10kg each time and got stuck at 110 on deads :( shameful compared to your numbers :(

Edited by Ripper

Mr. Perlies,

Sir,

As you have requested I write this post about Rama DBK.

Old Mr. Ramanayake was in car dealing business for long time during 1960 to 1980 he was to do only Austin/Morris cars.

Then import restrictions was lifted in 1977 he started to buy cars from the importers at that time. Shifted to Japanese Vehicles.

I had imorted more than 200 vehicles to him with my trade plate CC 235.He trusted me with millions at that time and we are still family friends.

First Japanese vehicle Exporter was interduesed to him by me then his son visited Japan and worked in a Japanese Exporter's office and he himself with a Japaneese partener started exporting vehicles to srilanka first later to entire world.

Ramanayke Automobiles was named by me and registered in registrar of companies by me.

Now Jagath Ramanayke old mr. Ramanayke's son Incorporated RAMA DBK in japan is a big time exporter in japan and had given opportunity for number of srilankans to go to Japan and better their Mechanical skills.

He Owens a building in Japan runs a web site for Automobiles and has his head office in Ratmalana opposite CTB Bus depot.

Above post is only for information not to annoy Ramanayke Automobiles I am very happy for their success in automobile Business

Wijesinghe.

RAMAN DBK is has grown up to a medium enterprise now, their revenue is about US$50million per-anum now!!

Hi Ripper

dude you have not taken any interior pics no , dash, engine bay etc :(

thanks

Regards

sumith

gee...my bad

let me go there again and take those pictures for you! :angry-smiley-048:

lol !!! @ Ripper.

Sumith: Look on the website someone posted up. Its got interior pictures etc.

i tried to take interior shots and failed since there was very little light available and i couldn't put my tripod inside the GTR for very obvious reasons.

even jacking up the ISO didn't really help...i hate built in flashes so didn't bother...

engine shots of course..i missed....forgot rather...

too busy slobbering :P