• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Peugeot 406

jami

In either car? Never thought in that context as music would be the last thing I would bother in that noisy, rattling old diesel car. ;)

sounds like an excellent reason to listen to music ;)

Have to do some searching on facial plate interchange thing

I was referring to something like this

sounds like an excellent reason to listen to music ;)

in fact that VAG diesel engine sound itself is a music to ear, seriously that injector sound is really cute :D. If there's music, at all, that has to be really loud to outdo the engine sound.

I was referring to something like this

oh, this is the one i had in my D8. I thought there are some interfacers kind of panel which will give the original look on the face of it. I simply hate a small setup in that as oppose to the original one which gives the instrument panel a complete look. May be personal preferences.

oh, this is the one i had in my D8. I thought there are some interfacers kind of panel which will give the original look on the face of it. I simply hate a small setup in that as oppose to the original one which gives the instrument panel a complete look. May be personal preferences.

you mean like this, right?

certainly looks nicer but I don't think any aftermarket guys build it that way (would cost too much for a non-standard shape)

in my case the fascia extension is just 2 small black flaps with cutouts for 2 switches, and even the original radio is standard size so no problems with going for an aftermarket unit.

you mean like this, right?

certainly looks nicer but I don't think any aftermarket guys build it that way (would cost too much for a non-standard shape)

in my case the fascia extension is just 2 small black flaps with cutouts for 2 switches, and even the original radio is standard size so no problems with going for an aftermarket unit.

Yes, indeed. if there is an interfacer looks like this, and provide full or partial connectivity between the aftermarket setup, that'll be a wonderful solution. Ah, Citroen usually comes with a hidden setup ;) PSA luxury models came with that option, such as 605.

was impressed by the fuel consumption figures that 406 trip computer threw out during last week. Not that I'm saying it does exactly or above 11 kmpl as trip computer suggests. For those who got complicated by French design, this says car consumes average of 8.91 liters to run 100 kms. (Note : this is not the instant figure, but the average for the trip which is more accurate. )

But, as I felt it did above 8 kmpl which I initially thought only would do 5 ~ 6 kmpl provided that it's a 2.0l automatic.

12922943-holder-a79d48e2d1cce4a2c34f94e1c58ebe62.jpg

However, I was very gentle with the pedal when I reach about 50km/h or so and with the climate control mode off and set the fan in 1 st speed so A/C kept on switching off pretty fast than usual.

Now I wanna try some hypermiling techniques with it, start with 33 psi tire pressures around all 4 corners :)

• 3 years later...
  • 2 months later...

Im looking forward to buying a Peugot 406 D9 2001 GLX. I was able to find one in good condition but the price is 14.5 (its a bit high). My question is in the registration it says made in Japan? does anyone have an idea about this?

And i've notice in most of them there is a water leakage in the Boot. is this normal?

Your help is much appreciated.

Im looking forward to buying a Peugot 406 D9 2001 GLX. I was able to find one in good condition but the price is 14.5 (its a bit high). My question is in the registration it says made in Japan? does anyone have an idea about this?

This is a classic cock-up by the RMV. Before 2005, vehicle registration CR (orange/yellow colour) did not have a "country of origin" field. Whenever these were transferred to new CRs (blue or pink), they had to add this information and they always added Japan to the country of origin if they didn't know what to add there. I have seen Fiats, Ford Mondeos, Peroduas and Hyundais with country of origin as Japan. Don't worry about it. Blame the idiots at RMV. If you want to get it corrected, you can go to RMV car section and get it done but they might ask for a 'Country of Origin' report from the agent. I don't think it will be difficult to get.

• Like 1

This is a classic cock-up by the RMV. Before 2005, vehicle registration CR (orange/yellow colour) did not have a "country of origin" field. Whenever these were transferred to new CRs (blue or pink), they had to add this information and they always added Japan to the country of origin if they didn't know what to add there. I have seen Fiats, Ford Mondeos, Peroduas and Hyundais with country of origin as Japan. Don't worry about it. Blame the idiots at RMV. If you want to get it corrected, you can go to RMV car section and get it done but they might ask for a 'Country of Origin' report from the agent. I don't think it will be difficult to get.

Ah so that explains it, I wondered about that because the Jag's CR also says Japan. I figured maybe IWS imported them from a Jap dealer or something but clearly this makes more sense!

• 8 months later...

Hi i bought a Peugeot 406 lx last year. it has been a nightmare so far. Wasnt too cautious iwhen buying and so far ive replaced, power steering switch, tappets, clutch pump, belts with adjuster, ABS sensor etc

I didnt use it for the last month and i started the car today only. after running about 5km suddenly the oil level low indicator came on it was like flashing at first then it became permanently on. i stopped immediately and check whether the oil levels are low and they weren't. after restarting the car the light did not come on at all.

Should i be worried?

has anyone had this issue before? also there was an issue where the car A/C stops for like half a second and restarts. Could this be an electrical issue causing all this?

Appreciate the help.

May I know the mileage? These could be normal repairs even for a Japanese car over 100k. Regarding oil level,could be rust on oil sensor connector especially since it was sitting for a while(current flow reduces rust build up on connectors,relay switches.)my 407 was giving lots of bulb failure errors(annoying beep everytime brake,winkers were On),but simply spraying wd40 on the rear bulb cluster connectors cured it! Could have been same with your abs sensor.

Hi. I was a jap car user for past few years and considering all facts and reviews by the PEUGEOT experts I have great desire to having a 406. Got some advices from my friends who use PEUGEOT and recently I went to see some 406. Fist one I saw is petrol D9 2000 2ltr model with laether seats. But when i inspect the underbody it has corrosion. Secondly found a good diesel hdi 2L model. It is brand new import 2001 and owner has all the maintenance records from the date of purchase. Please give me advices on buying a diesel HDi model since im not familiar with diesels and even European vehicles. This one quoted for 1.7 million. But i have to fix the radio, air bag fault and signal auto off not working when turning steering wheel. Also there is a rattling noise in engine idle and when rev the engine it disappears. Owner said it is coming from some under guard covering. Please let me know whether this price is reasonable with said problems which have to be fixed after buying. Thanks.

This one clocked 101000 kms. This is repaired by carmart guy who knows the history of this car very well said there is no big issues but the price is little bit high and worth even for that price. But im worrying generally common belief that diesels give lot of troubles in maintaining.