• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Income Tax Payers Permit

Hi everyone... even though i check autolanka regularly since a few years ago, this is my first topic...

Does anyone know how use the income tax payers permit.... i need an official government document which states the duty percentage, engine capacity limit and other terms and conditions.

Anyone got any idea?

Hi everyone... even though i check autolanka regularly since a few years ago, this is my first topic...

Does anyone know how use the income tax payers permit.... i need an official government document which states the duty percentage, engine capacity limit and other terms and conditions.

Anyone got any idea?

Are people who pay PAYE tax eligible for this?

i believe those who pay a certain amount of taxes for 5 year or so are issued the above permit.

the reduction is about 25% and the engine cap is 1500cc.

above is what i heard from a friend... so not sure of accuracy

Not too sure of the amount of taxes to be paid to be eligible, but it is quite high.

The reduction is 25% as Fuzzo said, but the engine cap is 1600cc

You have the option of buying a brand new or re con car

The car is fully transfereble even though on a permit and you also dont have the bits of red on the licence plate.

You are ususally adviced of this concession by the IRD, in writing, and if you choose to accept, you are given 'the Permit'

which you then have to hand over to the Car agent / dealer, who will process the purchase, organise LC through your bank etc etc

Not too sure of the amount of taxes to be paid to be eligible, but it is quite high.

The reduction is 25% as Fuzzo said, but the engine cap is 1600cc

You have the option of buying a brand new or re con car

The car is fully transfereble even though on a permit and you also dont have the bits of red on the licence plate.

You are ususally adviced of this concession by the IRD, in writing, and if you choose to accept, you are given 'the Permit'

which you then have to hand over to the Car agent / dealer, who will process the purchase, organise LC through your bank etc etc

My father has already got the letter about 3 yrs ago. the letter only confirms that this person has paid over 250K tax for 5 yrs. Im trying to get a new C180 K from D*MO but Merc Germany wants a govt document confirming engine cap and duty reduction before opening the LC. D*MO is clueless. I found the gazette but that doesn’t give any details. Only that there will be a duty concession.

My father has already got the letter about 3 yrs ago. the letter only confirms that this person has paid over 250K tax for 5 yrs. Im trying to get a new C180 K from D*MO but Merc Germany wants a govt document confirming engine cap and duty reduction before opening the LC. D*MO is clueless. I found the gazette but that doesn’t give any details. Only that there will be a duty concession.

Hmmmm starnge the D*MO is clueless...........

My aunt got her car in this manner and the entire process was seamless...........she bought a Civic and Stafford did more or less everything for her.

They were well aware of the documents & details and she only had to authorise her bank re the money transfer etc.

In fact my aunt had a chat with her relevant representative of the IRD and he is the one who gave the details about the engine cap, trasferebility, option of BN or recon etc.

You could possibly try someone of standing at the IRD, if known, who might be able to help.

All the best.

:rolleyes:

Hi Guys

I guess what he means that annual tax paid more then 250000(each monthly around 20000+)

plus should be paying 5 years.

if i get that much of monthly income to pay 20K as payee, i will not be bothered about Permit , :)

thanks

Regards

sumith

Why would MB Germany want such a letter. The permit only kicks in at the time of clearing the car through local customs.

With the recent duty reduction there are no more BLUE Permits (Relative to relative permit), GREEN Permits (for Forex earnings).. and I'm guessin there will be no more income tax permit as well. Check with the Import Export Dept regarding income tax permit..

With the recent duty reduction there are no more BLUE Permits (Relative to relative permit), GREEN Permits (for Forex earnings).. and I'm guessin there will be no more income tax permit as well. Check with the Import Export Dept regarding income tax permit..

Hi,

Thats not exactly right. Still the blue permit scheme is in place. But the duty concession for those vehicles are much lower than the current ones. for example a car below 1500CC gets a 48% discount from taxes where blue permmit will have 13%. The only difference is with the permit you can bring a vehicle old up to 10 years. So for new ones no difference going with the permit. But for anything older than 3.5 years still it's great

Anyone got any idea?

Go to the IRD. Obtain the 25% income tax permit. Submit it along with the Customs declaration. The base for your duty will be 25% less than for a person who does not have the permit. Engine capacity, duty percentage etc will depend on the vehicle you are planning to get down.

Fire Dragon