• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Don't You Think It's Really Crazy To Spend Over Shyt Boxes Like Axio And Allion

Lance

Seems like the number of Allions and Axios are higher than the number of Leyland buses in sri lanka. Do you find thses cars as interesting..?? (spending millions and will they get that special driving pleasure.?.)This allion thing comes with a biiig body but with a 1.5 ltr engine :lol: ..people still buy 'em though. ..

Edited by Lance
  • Like 1

Seems like the number of Allions and Axios are higher than the number of Leyland buses in sri lanka. Do you find thses cars as interesting..?? (spending millions and will they get that special driving pleasure.?.)This allion thing comes with a biiig body but with a 1.5 ltr engine :lol: ..people still buy 'em though. ..

Well it is a good looking and comfortable car and if you can afford it's fine. I would not call it a shit box.

Ya, I used to wonder the same. But again majority thinks them as the benchmark for cars, coz all they care about is fuel + reliability (== Toyota :P), nothing else, though nowadays any other car is reliable and maybe would do better fuel than these Boats and Corollas. In a way, can't blame them, SL market is flooded with these vehicles and these myths coz of the demand. Ya, Allion is a boat lol, I would rather buy a Mark or Altezza, if it has to be a Toyota. If not a 3-series? Ohh never mind, people are gonna buy Allions and Corollas and FB15s and boring cars whatever you and i say :P

True. New Axio using the same engine as the older generation 121s Engine. and Allion (A15s) too use the same engine. it's just a driving from point A to B type of vehicle without breaking down in the middle of the road. i guess Toyota is doing quite well on that department. may be that's why they discontinued Lovely cars like AE86s, Supras, Celicas with these simple Vehicles just to gain the upper hand in the Consumer Vehicle market.

i think majority of allion, axio bashers (there are exceptions) are people who can't afford one and therefore, to blatantly put, "jealous" about these newer cars on the roads. when typical people see a big SUV on the road they think it's unfair business money, when they see axio and allion they think "what a waste of money". those are all ways and means by which people try to make up their minds.

if you think about the average sri lankan buyer, they are least bothered about performance, they are most concerend about resale value and fuel economy. that is market reality and people taking measures accordingly is not a tragedy as some might think. different people have different priorities.

a month+ ago or so my friend brought down an allion black G grade for only 4.7 mil through a personal import. i rode in the car and found that the car is as spacious as my cefiro and just as comfortable, if not better. car returned very much better fuel economy than cefiro even though it is waay slower than cefi. it's new and had a very posh interior too. that was money well spent. however i would not call an allion bought for 6 mil good value or wise choice. my theory is don't assume all those allion and axios out there have been paid those crazy prices. some have been bought for great value for money.

Allion is really not a good car anymore one of my friend who owns a Allion and he has using it more than 2 years now, but now the problems comes, Allion itself have more sensor problems and the parts are not cheap, and it need a big driving force means need more fuel, one thing special Allion is a BUNCH of PLASTIC bcz my friends car get crashed from the front side it a normal crash, front side hit in a back of double cab, but the car structure totally breaks. Actually Allion is not a good car for a such investment,

why people not go for HONDA or Lancer, these two actually good cars compare to these TOYOTA Allion,

In case, Axio is a much good car compare to Allion.

if you think about the average sri lankan buyer, they are least bothered about performance, they are most concerend about resale value and fuel economy. that is market reality and people taking measures accordingly is not a tragedy as some might think. different people have different priorities.

Maybe, but this extreme market dominance means that some people might not ever own a car apart from a Toyota. And I agree, different people have different priorities. That's exactly why they should consider buying different cars.

Edited by Big_D

Maybe, but this extreme market dominance means that some people might not ever own a car apart from a Toyota.

This is the part I'm so concerned about. I'm just a humble consumer who cannot afford much when it comes to buying a vehicle. Buying a new or unregistered vehicle is out of my league. thus, my market is the local used car market. But, seeing how the roads are flooded by Axio's and Vitz these days, I seriously doubt how many options I will have when i decide to sell my car and buy a new one in few years from now... :unsure:

Hmm... Well...

Some more other reasons that Theses two model have big demand are that:

1. Toyota. (If it's a TV it's So** like...)

2. Nissan is now not manufacturing a same platform car(Same price range & specification. They now turn into much more luxurious cars like Cefiro new, BlueBird new)

3. Allion is not bad on fuel.

4. Believe of 141 is next generation 121 that has even better features thatn 121. (Should be obviously :) )

5. People these days who sold old car has a budget of 35-45 on their hand..... :rolleyes:

i think majority of allion, axio bashers (there are exceptions) are people who can't afford one and therefore, to blatantly put, "jealous" about these newer cars on the roads. when typical people see a big SUV on the road they think it's unfair business money, when they see axio and allion they think "what a waste of money". those are all ways and means by which people try to make up their minds.

a month+ ago or so my friend brought down an allion black G grade for only 4.7 mil through a personal import. i rode in the car and found that the car is as spacious as my cefiro and just as comfortable, if not better. car returned very much better fuel economy than cefiro even though it is waay slower than cefi. it's new and had a very posh interior too. that was money well spent. however i would not call an allion bought for 6 mil good value or wise choice. my theory is don't assume all those allion and axios out there have been paid those crazy prices. some have been bought for great value for money.

You just hit the nail on the head machan..... "Sour grapes"

i think majority of allion, axio bashers (there are exceptions) are people who can't afford one and therefore, to blatantly put, "jealous" about these newer cars on the roads.

i beg to differ on that machan...majority atleast on this forum have a broader perspective on vehicles where they can take a better informed deceision and the "buying decision" is not only surrounded by the fuel efficiency and resale value but far more factors and variables taken into consideration. so when someone comes up and says allion or axio`s are shit boxes im sure he has put much thought to it and prefers a older E Class instead of an Allion or a E46 instead of an Axio..i dont think it was intention to bash any car but to open a discussion of what preferences are..just my 2C

Allion is really not a good car anymore one of my friend who owns a Allion and he has using it more than 2 years now, but now the problems comes, Allion itself have more sensor problems and the parts are not cheap, and it need a big driving force means need more fuel, one thing special Allion is a BUNCH of PLASTIC bcz my friends car get crashed from the front side it a normal crash, front side hit in a back of double cab, but the car structure totally breaks. Actually Allion is not a good car for a such investment,

why people not go for HONDA or Lancer, these two actually good cars compare to these TOYOTA Allion,

In case, Axio is a much good car compare to Allion.

No car is idiot proof.

most allions if not all return very good fuel efficiency so if your friends car is not doing the same, chances are he has got either a lemon or hasn't maintained it properly.

And FYI i've driven both the Allion and presently driving a double cab. Not many cars stand a chance of coming out without getting things busted after rear ending a double cab. And you do know what "crumple Zones" mean yeah!

Cars are meant to "crumple" on front and rear upon impact to absorb the crash force and save the passenger compartment!

The only thing i could think of against the Allion is its crazy price tax in SL due to high demand and it's lack of proper "handling" in corners

But then again...the car was never marketed as a sport sedan....It's a people carrier that returns good fuel figures with good reliability and decent comfort. I don't think it fails in any of those departments so calling it a Shit Box is quite RETARDED IMHO :angry-smiley-048:

for the record...I dont drive an Allion! :D never owned one, not planning on getting one either! :)

Hmm... Well...

Some more other reasons that Theses two model have big demand are that:

1. Toyota. (If it's a TV it's So** like...)

2. Nissan is now not manufacturing a same platform car(Same price range & specification. They now turn into much more luxurious cars like Cefiro new, BlueBird new)

3. Allion is not bad on fuel.

4. Believe of 141 is next generation 121 that has even better features thatn 121. (Should be obviously :) )

5. People these days who sold old car has a budget of 35-45 on their hand..... :rolleyes:

Little confused. Do you mean Nissan isn't building econo-box sedans? Thats what the Tiida / Versa lines are supposed to be. Or do you mean a competitor to the Allion? I think the competitor for that is the Bluebird Sylphy.

i beg to differ on that machan...majority atleast on this forum have a broader perspective on vehicles where they can take a better informed deceision and the "buying decision" is not only surrounded by the fuel efficiency and resale value but far more factors and variables taken into consideration. so when someone comes up and says allion or axio`s are shit boxes im sure he has put much thought to it and prefers a older E Class instead of an Allion or a E46 instead of an Axio..i dont think it was intention to bash any car but to open a discussion of what preferences are..just my 2C

i think even e class or e46 becomes a shit box at a certain price bracket. i would call a car a shit box if it doesn't offer value for money. for about 3.3 mil it was possible to get a 2008 axio X and for the same price you could get a much older e46 too and to me both those purchasing decisions seems fine. beemer has prestiege, comfort and driving fun, whereas the axio has fuel economy, ease of manitenance and all those + points that are coming becuase the car is at least 5-6 years newer than the comprable 3 series you can buy for the same money. neither cars are shitty, neither decision is shitty. only difference is the axio buyer's priorities are different than beemer buyer's.

Edited by isurujosh

i think even e class or e46 becomes a shit box at a certain price bracket. i would call a car a shit box if it doesn't offer value for money. for about 3.3 mil it was possible to get a 2008 axio X and for the same price you could get a much older e46 too and to me both those purchasing decisions seems fine. beemer has prestiege, comfort and driving fun, whereas the axio has fuel economy, ease of manitenance and all those + points that are coming becuase the car is at least 5-6 years newer than the comprable 3 series you can buy for the same money. neither cars are shitty, neither decision is shitty.

well said.

only difference is the axio buyer's priorities are different than beemer buyer's.

as far as each person is buying according to his/her priorities, then it's all fine.

But many people who buy corollas/sunnys do so not because they have really understood their priorities and evaluated their options, but because they have been influenced to such an extent that they sometimes don't even look at anything else.

neither cars are shitty, neither decision is shitty. only difference is the axio buyer's priorities are different than beemer buyer's.

thats exactly why i said the below...he just wanted to have an open forum about preferences

i dont think it was intention to bash any car but to open a discussion of what preferences are..just my 2C

ROFL...the sad thing is,It took the expert nearly a day and several log-ins to come up with this retarded retort....hooo!...I hope the expert didn't loose any sleep over this. :angry-smiley-048:

i think it is quite evident as to who is loosing sleep over whom when one bothers so much to vist another's profile to look at the login and log off times of the other so much... i hope you are not falling for me!!! :angry-smiley-048:

i think it is quite evident as to who is loosing sleep over whom when one bothers so much to vist another's profile to look at the login and log off times of the other so much... i hope you are not falling for me!!! :angry-smiley-048:

awww...don't flatter yourself expert,me don't swing that way...haha...now I know why the expert watches F1...It's to see the drivers all in tight clothes...ginger beer expert!!! :angry-smiley-048:

awww...don't flatter yourself expert,me don't swing that way...haha...now I know why the expert watches F1...It's to see the drivers all in tight clothes...ginger beer expert!!! :angry-smiley-048:

oh yeah that is a good enuf reason to watch f1 every sunday! :angry-smiley-048:

bdw statistic check: how long did it take me for this reply? it's easy to have jobless human personal assistants of this manner.